Rumor: Canucks and Bruins Trade Talks

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
It's probably one of Boeser or Virtanen. Neither player seems to have the Bruins character (Boeser is very soft and inconsistent, Virtanen is unprofessional), but they're at a point as a franchise where they need to add talent and hope the kids learn. Not much time left.

"Virtanen is unprofessional" Did you forget the Bruins have the olympic diving champion Brad Marchand on the roster?

Off the ice yes. He is very unprofessional.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I can see the Canucks targeting Carlo, but they already have Tryamkin, who is bigger, skates better, plays the right side.
Maybe it’s a trade like Virtanen plus Tryamkin for Carlo?

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I want Carlo traded....But Boeser is not enough. Boesner and a number 2 would get it done. Carlo is simply more valuable by strength of position....Even though i believe he is over rated. But he is still worth more then just Boesner in my opinion....

canucks have no 1/2 this year lol

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I imagine if it’s a Virtanen deal it’s not around Carlo unless the plus is something strong like Juolevi or Demko (and the Bruins have something lined up to move Rask to strike in UFA). Even then, I imagine the Bruins could do better.

Aside from cap relief, trying to figure out what the Canucks would be looking for in exchange for Jake. Bruins have too many LD prospects but that doesn’t seem to be a huge need for the Canucks.

Beyond cap relief, we need more size in our our bottom six, preferably someone who could play center. We also need defense. Frankly, I wouldn't turn down a good LD prospect if only because Juolevi is still a big question.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I know Boeser doesn't have the pedigree/draft position or point totals as Hall did.

But if the trade ends up Boeser for Carlo, is this not the Hall-Larson deal version 2.0 basically?

Reactions: The don godfather

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I can see the Canucks targeting Carlo, but they already have Tryamkin, who is bigger, skates better, plays the right side.
Maybe it’s a trade like Virtanen plus Tryamkin for Carlo?

I don’t know if a 26 year old 2nd pairing KHL guy who appears to be using “coming back to the NHL” as a bargaining tool to get more minutes has a lot of trade value, especially to a team that doesn’t have a good history with nor much support structure for folks from his country.

Reactions: CanucksLottoLine

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Beyond cap relief, we need more size in our our bottom six, preferably someone who could play center. We also need defense. Frankly, I wouldn't turn down a good LD prospect if only because Juolevi is still a big question.

I wonder if a package starting with Trent Frederic for Jake might make sense then.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I'm a bit surprised no one has suggested Ritchie for Virtanen.

I would assume Nick Ritchie, but I think Virtanen holds more value for sure.

Boston might have interest in Gaudette, who is a local kid in the Mass. area I believe

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I wonder if a package starting with Trent Frederic for Jake might make sense then.

I'm sure Frederic has a lot of value to Bruins fans based on how he plays, but I just don't feel that he has that kind of value. He checks a few boxes for us, but we're not trading a 20 goal scoring powerforward (prorated) for a potential 3C.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would assume Nick Ritchie, but I think Virtanen holds more value for sure.

Boston might have interest in Gaudette, who is a local kid in the Mass. area I believe
That’s interesting. The Bruins definitely need young centres to take over the minutes from aging Bergeron and Krejci.
Gaudette for Carlo is a good proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad