Rumor: Canucks and Bruins Trade Talks

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Gaudette I don’t think is of interest, he is redundant on Boston. There isn’t room at C for him. Maybe they think he has more if he is playing 3RW.

I don’t think the Bruins move Carlo unless they have added a RD in free agency and I don’t think the Bruins would move Carlo unless Boeser was involved.

Virtanen just seems so clearly the odd man out in Vancouver and the Canucks need cap space the Bruins have so I genuinely think anything being talked about is Bruins ELC or long term cost controlled guys like Zboril, Lauzon, Vaakaneinen, Frederic, Senyshyn or Bjork and Virtanen.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
probably started to see if Van can pry Mcavoy from Boston for Boeser and an add. Boston said no but what about for Boeser for Carlo. Van said no and thats that.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Rask + DeBrusk for Boeser + Eriksson

Boeser>>DeBrusk. Eriksson has an extra year over Rask on his contract so that evens it up a bit, Bruins add a little to this and it’s a fair deal.

Boeser’s not getting moved though. It’ll have to be a deal around Virtanen.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Maybe something around Boeser and DeBrusk as the main principles?
Lmao are you serious??? Virtanen is much closer to Debrusk than Boeser is.

Also, huge no to Boeser for Carlo, Boston would have to add a solid piece. Maybe Debrusk+Carlo for Boeser+throw in.

Realistically, I can see Virtanen+ for Carlo. Value favours Vancouver straight across but with the right add it wouldn’t be a bad deal.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Boeser>>DeBrusk. Eriksson has an extra year over Rask on his contract so that evens it up a bit, Bruins add a little to this and it’s a fair deal.

Boeser’s not getting moved though. It’ll have to be a deal around Virtanen.
the Bruins are going to take on a guy who has 90 points in the last 4 years and the cherry on top at 6 mil for two more years .............ouch !!!!!!!! I just hurt myself when I fell off my chair from laughing so hard.....oh and he is 35 years old .Ouch again !!!!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Realistically, I can see Virtanen+ for Carlo. Value favours Vancouver straight across but with the right add it wouldn’t be a bad deal.
Now imagine you have to put together a team in Boston without Carlo or any RHD in the pipeline to replace him.

Yeah, that'd kind of suck, but on the flip side, you've got that infuriatingly inconsistent third line RW locked down. So, yay Bruins!

Reactions: Root

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Bruins just paid a first to dump Backes. They ain’t going to use that space to then being in Eriksson while also leaving themselves with no goalie. No sense at all from Boston POV.

Do you really not know that Halak is under contract for another year?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lmao are you serious??? Virtanen is much closer to Debrusk than Boeser is.

Also, huge no to Boeser for Carlo, Boston would have to add a solid piece. Maybe Debrusk+Carlo for Boeser+throw in.

I see. So you are fine if your team is getting the better player.

Carlo is far closer to Boeser than Virtanen is to Carlo.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I wouldn’t say “distant” based on the most recent season.

Based on potential as well. Debrusk is a goal scorer who will score 25-30 most seasons. With Virtanen aren't we praying for 20? I'd not mind Virtanen on our 3rd line but if the plan is to try him on the 2nd line we Boston fans are going to be seeing the same nonsense we've seen Krejci dealing with for years.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Based on potential as well. Debrusk is a goal scorer who will score 25-30 most seasons. With Virtanen aren't we praying for 20? I'd not mind Virtanen on our 3rd line but if the plan is to try him on the 2nd line we Boston fans are going to be seeing the same nonsense we've seen Krejci dealing with for years.
Virtanen is an easy 20 goal scorer. No need to pray on that. Debrusk may pot a few more but at the end of the day (season) they would have similar point totals.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Not really a lofty prayer when he was two goals away in 69 games.

Factor in line mates as well. Virtanen’s most frequent were Roussel and Gaudette, while Debrusk played with Krejci and Kuhlman/Kase, from what I can find.

Virtanen also has a more physical aspect to his game.

No argument that Debrusk is the more valuable player, I just feel that “distant” is an extreme descriptor of the difference.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
The Halak that has consistently sucked when given more than 35 games or so and was one of the worst goalies in the playoffs when relied upon full time?

Halak has a career SV% of .919 in the playoffs

This year his SV% was .902, but Rask's wasn't much better at .904

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Halak has a career SV% of .919 in the playoffs

This year his SV% was .902, but Rask's wasn't much better at .904

Rask was one win away from the Conn Smyth last year with a 0.934%. Counting his round robin numbers this year is beyond stupid. Halak was horrible and there's zero chance the Bruins are going into the playoffs next season with him in net. Even if his numbers were better, he's awful at playing the puck and that puts a tonne of pressure on the defense.

Reactions: wintersej

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
This is such nonsense. You act like Debrusk is a lock for 25-30 goals and Virtanen is lucky to get 20. Debrusk has gotten over 20 goals in a season once. He had one more goal than Virtanen this past year. Not to mention Debrusk got consistent top 6 time and Virtanen played with Gaudette or Sutter as his center. They're extremely close in value.

Reactions: bh53 and Luckylarry

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I see. So you are fine if your team is getting the better player.

Carlo is far closer to Boeser than Virtanen is to Carlo.

To be fair, he did say Virtanen+

Defensive dmen are usually not worth much on the trade market unless your name is Adam Larsson. I think the gap between Boeser and Carlo is about the same as Carlo and Virtanen.

Debrusk is tiers away from Boeser, so a deal around those two as the core pieces make no sense at all.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Virtanen is an easy 20 goal scorer. No need to pray on that. Debrusk may pot a few more but at the end of the day (season) they would have similar point totals.

I see. The guy with 62 goals and 120 points in 203 games is basically the same as the one with 50 and 90 in 279. That’s not a ridiculous statement at all.

I guess I would then venture that the guy with 50 goals in 203 games is basically the same as the one with 75 in 197 named Brock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad