Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The idea of Boston and Canucks making a trade together tho is just odd lol

Reactions: easton117

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
What would it cost to get both Jake + Carlo in a package from Boston?
Eh Boston fans

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I want no part of a Boeser for Carlo trade, those guys are in the same class imo, sorry.

I could see Gaudette and/or Virtanen being in play though. For what, I have no idea.

Something around Debrusk maybe? Word was Boston front office is pretty annoyed by his streakiness in the same way Van is with Virtanen.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Virtanen for a 2nd round pick probably.. Jake would fit in nicely on the Bruins Bottom 6, the Canucks have absolutely no skill on their bottom 6 for Jake to effectively play with and he isn’t consistent enough to be a regular top 6 player. Just hope he doesn’t turn into the next Cam Neely.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
So you think the team that just had the most regular season points this season is going to rebuild and tank next season. :amazed:

It's extreme I know. But everything is possible. Krug is most likely gone and core is not getting any younger (+ losing Rask will be really really bad).

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
If Boston strikes out on the big time UFA's could they be interested in Tanev or Toffoli? If they trade Rask what about Boston as a dark horse team for Markstrom?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
48C899987544C0B803041BC57C3974E252BBCE85

Reactions: Belisarius

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
:laugh:

Honestly I'm not sure dealing both in the same deal makes much sense from a Bruins perspective. Both are supposed to be a part of the next core. Moving their 3rd productive winger and their #4D would be a big blow especially since they currently don't have that 4th winger solidified in their top 6 and are most likely going to see Chara and Krug gone next season. Too many holes to fill in one deal.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Knowing Benning it's probably going to be Virtanen for Lauzon + 4th. Bruins could also be interested in Gaudette or maybe even Joulevi? Something around Juolevi and Frederic?

Reactions: Coach Parker

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I think Boston is interested more in someone like Adam Gaudette than Virtanen especially if they are looking for more scoring.

hometown boy, beanpot legend, Right shot Centre/Wing with goal scoring ability.

Gaudette is pure Boston too, he has a huge sleeve Tatty of Boston landmarks on his arm.

This guy is more Boston than the next Ben Afleck movie.

Gaudfather loves playing in that building !!

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It’s been covered already, but the Bruins could lose both Krug AND Chara this offseason. Trading Carlo would leave McAvoy as the only reliable guy back there.

A proven goal scorer would have to be going to Boston.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
If I was Boston, I'd easily say no to that trade. Their defense would suck without McAvoy, not enough in that package to replace a young top pairing guy.

That's understandable. And if you were the Canucks, would you say yes?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How about Carlo and Debrusk for Boeser and Virtanen? Value-wise it's not too far off no? Boeser>Carlo>Debrusk>Virtanen in my view.

So Boston would have Pasta, Boeser, Virtanen, Kase, Studnicka, Wagner and Senyshyn all fighting for RW. Studnicka could get pushed to 4C (or maybe Krejci is on the move and he slides over to 3C).

But, don’t think Boston needs to add two RW, just the one to push Kase into the bottom 6 (unless Kase is in the return).

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So Boston would have Pasta, Boeser, Virtanen, Kase, Studnicka, Wagner and Senyshyn all fighting for RW. Studnicka could get pushed to 4C (or maybe Krejci is on the move and he slides over to 3C).

But, don’t think Boston needs to add two RW, just the one to push Kase into the bottom 6 (unless Kase is in the return).
Even then, it would be ideal to see if Studnicka or Senyshyn can win that #3RW spot. Too many RWs, and only one middle 6 LW in Bjork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->