Rumor: Canucks and Bruins Trade Talks

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Alright so I'm just entirely curious.

What WOULD Bruins fans value Carlo at returns wise?
What are you giving up with Loui?

With a shorter contract and half retained, the Bruins had to give up a first to move Backes. Granted Backes was even worse than Loui at this point, Eriksson has another year left on his contract and an NMC during the expansion draft.

Reactions: Luckylarry

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Lmfao what is this shit? He's not early prime Ray Bourque.
No he's not. But valuewise, he's the best the Bruins have and unless he's moved for an upgrade to himself, the Bruins shouldn't be moving McAvoy for a fair price.

Hate using the word untouchable, but he's probably close from an organizational standpoint.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I would hope there is a healthy + on the Vancouver side in that case.
I would expect that too. The B’s might see Virtanen as a great fit in their rink and system. He’s big, fast, hits like a truck, and has a great shot. He’s just (imo - hockey wise) dumb as a stump.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
There’s no way Canucks trade Boeser (for Carlo, dumba, etc). Would cause a hole at RW in top 6. He has too much chemistry with petey and Miller! So unless we are talking Virtanen + I’d pass. May as well just resign tanev, tbh.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I would expect that too. The B’s might see Virtanen as a great fit in their rink and system. He’s big, fast, hits like a truck, and has a great shot. He’s just (imo - hockey wise) dumb as a stump.

It's just hard to imagine Boston giving up Carlo in a deal which more or less brings in a slightly upgraded Nick Ritchie as the main piece.

I have to imagine there is a better market out there for Carlo.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It's just hard to imagine Boston giving up Carlo in a deal which more or less brings in a slightly upgraded Nick Ritchie as the main piece.

I have to imagine there is a better market out there for Carlo.
Me too. I’m a Canuck’s fan, who is not a fan of Virtanen.

Reactions: Merrrlin

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Virtanen Juolevi Gadvovich and 2021 5th for Carlo and 2020 4th

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
There’s no way Canucks trade Boeser (for Carlo, dumba, etc). Would cause a hole at RW in top 6. He has too much chemistry with petey and Miller! So unless we are talking Virtanen + I’d pass. May as well just resign tanev, tbh.

You would pass on Carlo to keep Virtanen?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I imagine if it’s a Virtanen deal it’s not around Carlo unless the plus is something strong like Juolevi or Demko (and the Bruins have something lined up to move Rask to strike in UFA). Even then, I imagine the Bruins could do better.

Aside from cap relief, trying to figure out what the Canucks would be looking for in exchange for Jake. Bruins have too many LD prospects but that doesn’t seem to be a huge need for the Canucks.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He is very unreliable but alas, he does have connections. He's been run off the Bruins board multiple times for sensationalist and false bullshit ( Kessel had a drug problem that caused his absence when it turned out to be cancer and Patrice Bergeron for Chris Pronger trade is done and announcement is imminent among some of his top gems ) but somehow manages to keep getting jobs locally and gets sourced by major networks.

He posts on your board?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He posts on your board?

He use to. Got called out and run off a few years ago. Last year ( or the year prior ) we were pretty sure he was stealing info from another vetted insider on our board. He made another profile to talk shit and got booted again.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Boston should not be trading Carlo they look like they are losing Krug, Chara will be 44 in March he's near the end, losing Carlo would destroy that D core

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Boston should not be trading Carlo they look like they are losing Krug, Chara will be 44 in March he's near the end, losing Carlo would destroy that D core
I tend to agree too. Not sure it makes much sense timing wise. Unless they are going hard after pietrangelo. But even still should probably just keep Carlo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad