Rumor: Canucks and Bruins Trade Talks

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's probably one of Boeser or Virtanen. Neither player seems to have the Bruins character (Boeser is very soft and inconsistent, Virtanen is unprofessional), but they're at a point as a franchise where they need to add talent and hope the kids learn. Not much time left.
Bruins are in no need of a soft player, I would take a flyer on someone like Virtanen with his size and ability and being a young player with the hope that he matures and uses his talent. .... but I would not over pay.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bruins are in no need of a soft player, I would take a flyer on someone like Virtanen with his size and ability and being a young player with the hope that he matures and uses his talent. .... but I would not over pay.
Yup, any Carlo deal to Van City would have Virtanen as the return. Neely probably sees himself in Jake, and wants him.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
As a Bruins fan this would be perfect. Tough to lose Carlo but this team needs scoring and have a strong enough system to support Carlo's replacement.
I just don’t see Boeser being moved. The dumba for Boeser proposals have been beaten to death. Canucks don’t have the top 6 forward depth to trade someone of his caliber. Just creates another hole. We may as well just resign tanev and not lose an asset.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Myers, Virtanen's rights, and a B level prospect
For
Lauzon and DeBrusk's rights

Boston would want a replacement giant as who knows if Chara returns if Krug leaves.

Canucks open up cap space to resign Tanev and get a younger RD FA. Benning has to sign a free agent every year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Myers, Virtanen's rights, and a B level prospect
For
Lauzon and DeBrusk's rights

Boston would want a replacement giant as who knows if Chara returns if Krug leaves.

Canucks open up cap space to resign Tanev and get a younger RD FA. Benning has to sign a free agent every year.
Myers has a NMC. (His contract) :sarcasm:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Bruins could definitely use an up and coming goalie like Demko. They probably want to get rid of Rask and could run with a Halak - Demko tandem for a year or two before giving the reins to Demko.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I tend to agree too. Not sure it makes much sense timing wise. Unless they are going hard after pietrangelo. But even still should probably just keep Carlo.

I think that the Bruins plan is to get one of AP or Hall and then trade Carlo or DeBrusk depending.

If they sign AP, Carlo goes for cheap wing help. If they sign Hall, DeBrusk goes for cheap D help.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston's D's going to suck then, Already losing Krug possibly Chara to retirement and now Carlo. As it is i doubt their window is open for to terribly long.

1213615807-1.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad