Rumor: Canucks and Bruins Trade Talks

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
MAYBE you could argue Horvat. Pettersson or Hughes???? NFW
DeBrusk is a 2nd line wing who in his 2nd season scored 27 goals in 68 games. Carlo is arguably already a #2 dman, who is large, can skate, and at a young age is shutdown d. Oh and he’s a RH shot (supply & demand).

Carlo in Vancouver becomes their top pair dman alongside Hughes. Benning not acquiring both of them for a dime & a few nickels

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would be very cautious about trading much of anything for Virtanen, he has never reached near the potential he was supposed to have to start with, but far more concerning is all these off-ice problems we have been hearing about. No way I am trading a guy like DeBrusk for someone else's problem child. Most I offer is Bjork as a risk is involved with Virtanen.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would be very cautious about trading much of anything for Virtanen, he has never reached near the potential he was supposed to have to start with, but far more concerning is all these off-ice problems we have been hearing about. No way I am trading a guy like DeBrusk for someone else's problem child. Most I offer is Bjork as a risk is involved with Virtanen.
What type of off ice problems we talking here..........if too severe ,than the Bruins are out.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
DeBrusk + Carlo? Vancouver return package needs to have Pettersson or Hughes included.

DeBrusk and Carlo are great players, and I’d be glad to have either one of them on my team but there’s no way in hell that Pettersson OR Hughes is the asking price without some serious add+ from the Bruins

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
DeBrusk and Carlo are great players, and I’d be glad to have either one of them on my team but there’s no way in hell that Pettersson OR Hughes is the asking price without some serious add+ from the Bruins
I don’t think bruins fans are actually asking for either Hughes or petey...more making a point that Virtanen and scraps will not work.

canucks would like Carlo (or someone like him) but just don’t see a deal being made between us. Boeser isn’t going the other way and we don’t have the depth to offer what would be required for a player like that.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Lol! I noticed that too. That’s absolutely brutal. Vancouver is trying to dump Baertschi.
We are taking a bigger cap hit and more real money on, these things have value. Adding bearschi essentially lowers the cost to dump dubnyck from that late 1st to a kid 2nd.

NiftyCanuck19

Sep 25, 2020
DeBrusk + Carlo? Vancouver return package needs to have Pettersson or Hughes included.

Lmao fair enough, point made. I agree that a lesser deal is more likely, maybe along the lines of:

To Vancouver:
Bjork + 2020 3rd or 4th round + a center prospect (Oskar Steen or a different one?)

To Boston:
Virtanen + a prospect of your choice (what do you need?)

I feel like the prospect swap would make it a little more intriguing as Canucks are loaded on the wings and could use some more prospect depth at center.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lmao fair enough, point made. I agree that a lesser deal is more likely, maybe along the lines of:

To Vancouver:
Bjork + 2020 3rd or 4th round + a center prospect (Oskar Steen or a different one?)

To Boston:

I feel like the prospect swap would make it a little more intriguing as Canucks are loaded on the wings and could use some more prospect depth at center.

You guys want Frederic as the prospect in the deal. You hope he becomes Boone Jenner as he matures but he won’t be that yet (if he was, Bruins wouldn’t trade him for Jake). But he can be a physical presence in the bottom 6 at 1/3rd the price of Virtanen. I would also angle to try to get Senyshyn in the deal as a sweetener.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

To Vancouver:

To Boston:

Why is Boston getting a prospect of their choice for someone like Bjork?

Boston would choose Podkolzin, why wouldn they?

Kinda uneven trade.

NiftyCanuck19

Sep 25, 2020
Why is Boston getting a prospect of their choice for someone like Bjork?

Boston would choose Podkolzin, why wouldn they?

Kinda uneven trade.

Well I guess I meant within reason, obviously Podz wouldn't be going in a deal like that. I was thinking more lower tier prospects like Will Lockwood, Jonah Gadjovich, Petrus Palmu, Lukas Jasek, etc. Not sure who would catch the bruins eye.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Well I guess I meant within reason, obviously Podz wouldn't be going in a deal like that. I was thinking more lower tier prospects like Will Lockwood, Jonah Gadjovich, Petrus Palmu, Lukas Jasek, etc. Not sure who would catch the bruins eye.

K that makes more sense lol.

There's a big difference between a prospect of your choise, and prospects like lockwood , Gdajovich, Palmu.

Still dont know though if we would target a player like Bjork.

I really think the Canucks are trying hard for one of Carlo or Debrusk.

In Canuck's case though i think they are waiting for the MArkstrom domino to fall.

Once that happens, depending whether he stays or goes, i think the Canucks will have a fleury of trades to announce

NiftyCanuck19

Sep 25, 2020

There's a big difference between a prospect of your choise, and prospects like lockwood , Gdajovich, Palmu.

In Canuck's case though i think they are waiting for the MArkstrom domino to fall.

Once that happens, depending whether he stays or goes, i think the Canucks will have a fleury of trades to announce

Yeah I agree, there're a lot of things going on that depend on each other like waiting for the final decision on Markstrom.

Also I just looked into Trent Frederic and he would be nice to get, although I don't know how much Boston values him as the prospects I suggested might not work, who knows.

And I get that Bjork might not be too exciting given the depth on our wings already. But if they are going hard for one of Carlo or Debrusk, it'll definitely be an interesting deal!

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
DeBrusk is a second line LW with upside and Carlo is a #2 RD with upside. Sure they didn’t have a great playoff but no one on the Bruins did really. The Bruins will not package those players together for anything short of a legitimate upgrade and if Sweeney does any of deals mentioned involving either of ghost she’d in this thread he should be canned.

Reactions: bbfan419

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Would never trade that much for McAvoy. Hes good but hes not McDavid good
He’s the best dman the Bruins have drafted since Ray Bourque. The only reason the Bruins would trade him is if there’s an even better #1D coming back the other way which I don’t see in that proposal.

Would you want the Canucks to trade Hughes for a bunch of lesser peices?

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
He’s the best dman the Bruins have drafted since Ray Bourque. The only reason the Bruins would trade him is if there’s an even better #1D coming back the other way which I don’t see in that proposal.

Hughes and Peterrsson arent available. At all. Unless its McDavid, Eichel, or Makar or something coming back

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

No but you also don’t trade away every asset you have for a player that’s not a superstar.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
DeBrusk is a 2nd line wing who in his 2nd season scored 27 goals in 68 games. Carlo is arguably already a #2 dman, who is large, can skate, and at a young age is shutdown d. Oh and he’s a RH shot (supply & demand).

Carlo in Vancouver becomes their top pair dman alongside Hughes. Benning not acquiring both of them for a dime & a few nickels
Just so we're clear, do you think a package of the two could return Pettersson or Hughes, or was that a rhetorical statement you don't actually believe?

Reactions: Cogburn

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

keep trying not happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad