Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Come on. He didn't 'rub it in our faces'.

And that wasn't every goal. It was an OT winner essentially and the biggest goal of his career.

Would be nice if our players showed some of the same emotion. We would love it if McCann did the same thing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is another game where the Canucks smaller lineup really looks noticeable....can't get position in front of the net or get to rebounds.....they need guys like Cracknell and Gaunce in the lineup imo.....and for a guy who's supposed to be a pain to play against, Dorsett looked pretty weak on the puck tonight....never thought I'd say it, it but they really miss the physicality of guys like Prust and Sbisa....this is shaping up as a long road-trip that could see them come back to the mediocre pack in the sad-sack Pacific Division.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
The only acceptable goal celebration is to hang your head in shame and apologize to the other team for making them look bad.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
^^^ "fans" like this guy make me ashamed to be lumped in as a Canucks supporter...disgusting

Damn that's a little harsh, I would call it being a "smart fan" who's looking long term for this team, and I know I'm not the only one having thoughts of having our own Eichel.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
^^^ "fans" like this guy make me ashamed to be lumped in as a Canucks supporter...disgusting

I feel you. The tank mindset is quite the anomaly...the idea that you can't be good unless you are deliberately bad...even if you are already good enough to make the playoffs lmao. The youngsters on this team, Hutton, McCann, Virtanen, Horvat, even Baertschi are doing away with the idea that you have to lie down and die to get a team that is young and good.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Sure he earned it, I'm not forcing him to calm his celebration down but I think it says a lot about the person and player when they not rub it in the face and create attention. There's a reason why every player doesn't dive all over the place after every goal.

I'm watching his first goal celebration. He glove taps his teammates and skates to the bench. You're trying too hard here.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Was hopinh luongo took the losing in the final minutes with him to florida. Guess not

The Jesus*

Totally forgot this was on. We lost? To Buffalo? Seriously?

Well, I guess I should fit in. PLAY THE KIDS OMG WILLIE! Higgins created ebola. Sbisa cant play hockey. Sutter contract sucks. Dorsett is a plug. Play a bunch of rookies 18 minutes a night, that's the secret to success. Am I doing this right?

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
This is another game where the Canucks smaller lineup really looks noticeable....

They're small, but fast. That speed was giving the Sabres fits for long stretches of the game. There was a 15 minute stretch where Buffalo didn't get a shot on goal and the Canucks had 12. They badly outchanced the Sabres...

Another excellent road game, but unfortunately an uncharacteristic, poor puck management from Daniel cost them.

The defense also needs to be more aware of there positioning in front of Miller on shots from the point. Hamhuis and Hutton with a couple bad screens that led to both goals.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Definately 2nd round game 7 potential if we had a veteran coach.

Unfortunately we rather give the reigns to a guy whos coaching his 100th nhl game

We had one in av and in his last two seasons here we won one playoff game. And then torts...

Some overvalue the players on this roster.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Daniel made poor pass but the team got all 5 players back to defend. If Hutton doesn't decide to play goalie in front of him, I bet Miller makes that save.

Who was Horvat checking on the McGinn goal? The answer is nobody, McGinn was his guy.

That's just one of those games. Sometimes you play better than the other team for most of the game but make the more glaring mistakes.

They're small, but fast. That speed was giving the Sabres fits for long stretches of the game. There was a 15 minute stretch where Buffalo didn't get a shot on goal and the Canucks had 12. They badly outchanced the Sabres...

Another excellent road game, but unfortunately an uncharacteristic, poor puck management from Daniel cost them.

The defense also needs to be more aware of there positioning in front of Miller on shots from the point. Hamhuis and Hutton with a couple bad screens that led to both goals.

At least Hamhuis was battling a guy in front. Hutton didn't even go down to block the shot, he literally turned his stick over and tried to play goalie right in front of the actual goalie.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Daniel made poor pass but the team got all 5 players back to defend. If Hutton doesn't decide to play goalie in front of him, I bet Miller makes that save.

Who was Horvat checking on the McGinn goal? The answer is nobody, McGinn was his guy.

That's just one of those games. Sometimes you play better than the other team for most of the game but make the more glaring mistakes.

Buffalo made a ton of glaring mistakes, more than us.

The mistakes weren't the difference, they just capitalized on a higher percentage of their chances.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C

At least Hamhuis was battling a guy in front. Hutton didn't even go down to block the shot, he literally turned his stick over and tried to play goalie.

Exactly, growing pains

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Game is summed up to me by the fact eichel and mcccann were tied for points at start of the game. 5 goals each.

By the end iam thinking why is mccann playing with the 2 coldest least offensive players on the team also on the 4th line.

I dont have an amswer. Willie desjardins is simply a moron. He does not have the nuiances of nhl hockey down. When u have a young player you nurture them and give them individual coaching.

Wd does the opposite. He deals with it like a nusiance. Mccann is too good to put anywhere but the top 6 either on a wing. Or move sutter to play wih dorsett.

Juat head scratching. And enraging have a coach that finally has a decent talent pool mis execute it repeatedly.

If av had this team we would be 13-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad