Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
lol at the shock ending followed by our "home" broadcast immediately ending so they can run a half hour commercial for the blue jays. Thanks Rogers.

And you're a bad fan of the Canucks if you criticize the twins. Go watch another team.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What? Can't be upset that our top line got victimized and cost us the game on their final shift? Or are we only allowed to criticize everyone but the Sedins (as usual)?

They cost us the game that shift.
I'm perfectly fine for suggesting that they had a bad play at the end of the game, suggesting that they were wrong all night is completely and utterly wrong.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Miller has had under .900 save % in 4 of his last 6 games

Yeah all the hype about how "good he was" for the first 5-6 games, was only a matter of time till he got back to normal. Thatcher Demko can't progress soon enough. Probably trade him for nothing too tho.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
dominated mostly by the Sedins fwiw

6o1s5i8.png

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
lol at the shock ending followed by our "home" broadcast immediately ending so they can run a half hour commercial for the blue jays. Thanks Rogers.

And you're a bad fan of the Canucks if you criticize the twins. Go watch another team.

Everyone complains about listening to the idiots breakdown the game anyways, so what does it truly matter? :laugh:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Bad play by Daniel there, but Buffalo just owned us after the turnover...pretty brutal all around.

Sedins generated a goal to get us back in the game but let's ignore that.

Nobody is ignoring it, but watch the sedins play this year. It's very uninspired lethargic hockey. That's just a fact.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm perfectly fine for suggesting that they had a bad play at the end of the game, suggesting that they were wrong all night is completely and utterly wrong.

They got us a goal to get us back in the game. They also cost us a goal which cost us the game in the final 30 seconds.

It's funny how WD doesn't trust the kids some nights, yet his own top line made a huge blunder which cost us the game tonight.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
Enough with the Dorsett bashing. His fight sparked our team to comeback. The late goal in the third is just what it was a fluke. Nothing you can do about the unlucky goals.
Without Dorsett this team would be a lot worse. He works his ass off and I hate when fans rag on him. You can't trust rookies like Mccann and Virtanen their ROOKIES!!! Willie trusts Dorsett so let him do the coaching.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
then go cheer for Dorsett smh you guys really are something lmao

You're not sick of them putting muffins on net, or fanning completely, and making feathery soft passes that sometimes make it (and I'll admit it's still beautiful after all these years when it happens) but other times get easily picked off or float to nowhere?

I love them as much as anyone here. I'm a huge Sedin fan, but I'm also calling it like I see it. It's getting painful to watch this kind of play. They're so soft and weak. They're also very bland on the PP.

In short, I don't want them kicked off this team. I'll just be nice and ready when the organization does move on to new faces of the franchise.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Miller lets in so many point shots. Calgary took extreme notice of this in the playoffs, and it seems to be the book on him now.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Everyone complains about listening to the idiots breakdown the game anyways, so what does it truly matter? :laugh:

exactly! who the **** wants to listen hirsch and whatever other rogers plug they have analyze the game for 2 minutes before turning to Collar Mcbroken's recovery plan.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Enough with the Dorsett bashing. His fight sparked our team to comeback. The late goal in the third is just what it was a fluke. Nothing you can do about the unlucky goals.
Without Dorsett this team would be a lot worse. He works his ass off and I hate when fans rag on him. You can't trust rookies like Mccann and Virtanen their ROOKIES!!! Willie trusts Dorsett so let him do the coaching.

I don't know if I've ever disagreed with a post more than this

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Trusting the vets has resulted in us being a terrible 3rd period team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Bartkowski and Tanev on the second-unit pp.....neither has a shot that would break a pane of glass...and of course no pp time for McCann and naturally Bartkowski is out there again in the final few seconds...really got what they deserved....just Willie being Willie I guess...pretty pitiful.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Really tough loss. Was important to get a win against a weak team to start this difficult stretch. Instead lose it in the worst possible way after a good comeback.

Team didn't play badly and controlled possession but no finish. Regressing to the mean after our quick start.

- Sedins were very good tonight but man that late turnover was awful. Have to be smarter there.

- Horvat was good in the first but then faded a bit. Same with Baertschi who had one of his best periods to start and looked more involved but then fell off again. Hansen continues to be terrific and skate miles.

- Sutter has hit a wall and his puck distribution let his wingers - both of whom had lots of jump - down. Now 2 points in 9 games after being taken off the Sedin line.

- Dorsett was awful tonight. Higgins looks a step slow, understandably, but hopefully that goal is a nice confidence boost. McCann was OK, fun to see him getting more physical in recent games.

- Edler had a high-event game where he did some really good things and also some really ugly things. Tanev excellent.

- Bartkowski was adequate. Thought Hamhuis was very good, surprised at the criticism.

- Weber is just out-of-sync. Hutton had a strong game although ended up on the ice for two goals.

- Miller still can't track point shots through screens/deflections. It's just awful and he's probably the worst goalie in the league at this. Not a great game for him.

- PP selections still suck.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
dominated mostly by the Sedins fwiw

Yeah, I'm getting that. I wonder if there's a fatigue factor, or the fact that you've dominated your opponent for so long in a game, you start doing riskier things which lead to bigger mistakes?

Either way, I suspect this is the kind of season we'll get from the team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
How is this team still second in the pacific? Lol

Oh well, new game tomorrow..this time it's the Devils.

This game was so annoying til the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad