Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 @ Sabres 3 | Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Eichel line mates : reinhart moulson
mccann line mates: higgins dorsett
eichel goals:5
Mccann goals:5
person who decides who mccann plays with: desjardins
person who decides who eichel plays with:bylsma

Reinhart is a center.

Mccann horvat hansen should have been the 2nd line from game 1

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Hard earned loss by the Canucks. Here's to 0 points on a 7 game road trip, losing against teams we should be beating.

By the end of this road trip, Anaheim will probably be ahead of us in the standings.

No one to blame but the players. Not the coach, not Benning, but a lack of urgency from anyone on the team. Those lost 2 points will cost us big time in April.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Unpopular opinion time: the Canucks (esp the new guys) love playing for Willie.

If and/or when we're ready to compete we can get rid of Willie. There will probably be tears like Pat Kane/Denis Savard.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hard earned loss by the Canucks. Here's to 0 points on a 7 game road trip, losing against teams we should be beating.

By the end of this road trip, Anaheim will probably be ahead of us in the standings.

No one to blame but the players. Not the coach, not Benning, but a lack of urgency from anyone on the team. Those lost 2 points will cost us big time in April.

Couldn't disagree more.

We had plenty of urgency today - worked hard, forced turnovers, dominated in terms of shots and chances.

Outside of the top line, we're just a mediocre team sorely lacking finish. And the one guy who really can finish is on the 4th line barely playing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
kinda reminded me of the Penguins game. to be honest, I thought we were better team, sure we had some turn overs, and Daniel made his worst turn over in the worst time, in his career, but we were the better team, but really... team needs to finish off their scoring chances, if they continue this, Benning really needs to decide if were just going to be mediocre, if not, I rather us just tank for a higher pick, and a better tomorrow.

to be honest, if you can't beat the sabres, we really have no business being in the playoffs. They weren't even that good, their most noticeable player was Brian Gionto and Ryan O Reiley for crying out loud.

anyways sucks to lose that way. blowing it late in the 3rd like that, mentally takes a toll on Canucks fans, honestly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Trouble is this last minute melt-down isn't a "one-off"....a total of 14 games in and this team has blown more third period leads and given up more third period goals than any team in the NHL so far....sorry, but you have to point the finger at coaching....every time this guy shortens the bench in the third period it blows up in his face...yet he just can't seem to help himself....the Sedins and Bartkowski in the last minute of a tie game...are you kidding?...nice guy as a coach, but out of his depth imo.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
he was right, nothing wrong with what he said, and our own guy screened him.

Doesn't matter if he's right. You don't call out your guys like that anymore than he'd like it if Daniel said, 'yeah, it was a bad turnover but our goalie really should have made the save.'

It's just being a professional. Take responsibility and don't point fingers.

And his save % on screens/deflections is abysmal.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not the best thing to say but he's probably just frustrated 'cause his own D-men screened him hard on two of the goals and he's going to take blame for the game.

Whether or not he did a good enough job fighting through the screens and tracking the puck is up for debate.

I can see it if the entire night he was seeing wave after wave of pressure and the forwards played lazy but the team in front gave him a pretty easy night. After that first big save Miller didn't have another in him nor did he really have to make one. And quite honestly I'm not sure he did a good job on that goal himself.

As MS said, it's just not a very good team when it comes to scoring goals (or holding leads or preventing goals in the third).

Team so far has a knack for dropping points.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Trouble is this last minute melt-down isn't a "one-off"....a total of 14 games in and this team has blown more third period leads and given up more third period goals than any team in the NHL so far....sorry, but you have to point the finger at coaching....every time this guy shortens the bench in the third period it blows up in his face...yet he just can't seem to help himself....the Sedins and Bartkowski in the last minute of a tie game...are you kidding?...nice guy as a coach, but out of his depth imo.

i don't think it's really coaching, its just crap luck and to be honest, have to blame the team on that, I do understand your frustration, but it really does suck, oh man.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
i don't think it's really coaching, its just crap luck and to be honest, have to blame the team on that, I do understand your frustration, but it really does suck, oh man.

Or is it the pendulum swinging the other way? If I recall this team had a pretty crazy one goal record last year.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Did the sky fall already?

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Doesn't matter if he's right. You don't call out your guys like that anymore than he'd like it if Daniel said, 'yeah, it was a bad turnover but our goalie really should have made the save.'

It's just being a professional. Take responsibility and don't point fingers.

And his save % on screens/deflections is abysmal.

I don't have an issue with what he said. He's a veteran and based on his past success has earned the right to be lightly critical. Hutton has to get out of the way there.

I do agree though that this goal is on Daniel. That play at the opposing teams blueline in an out of conference game is unforgivable. Just chip the puck in deep and pin it in and get to OT.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
This is stuff you just don't say, especially when you should probably have had that goal.

I'm with you.

Throwing your teammates under the bus is a strange way to try and get them to play better. They will just think he is a jerk.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Especially on such a long road trip. It's only game one, and Miller is already throw other under the bus. This definitely has a great makings of a successful roadtrip.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
"I don't want to fault them but I'll throw them under the bus anyway."

Let's make an international incident about it! Start new threads! Miller, Bad Teammate! Miller all about Miller!!!! Get him traded! The room is in shambles because of Miller!!!

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Especially on such a long road trip. It's only game one, and Miller is already throw other under the bus. This definitely has a great makings of a successful roadtrip.

LOL. Miller ruins 7 game roadtrip with comments about teammate screening him!!!!! Down with Miller!

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Frustrating loss to be sure. Thought they were the better team for 90% of it yet they somehow manage to not even get a single point.

Vrbata has been poor and was useless today especially. Hope they move him at the deadline.

Daniel with the terrible giveaway and Hutton with the brainless screen on that gwg but the game was lost because the Canucks couldn't finish their numerous chances.

I thought Baertschi had his best game as a Canuck. Still can't believe how weak he is but he showed some battle today.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Frustrating loss to be sure. Thought they were the better team for 90% of it yet they somehow manage to not even get a single point.

Vrbata has been poor and was useless today especially. Hope they move him at the deadline.

Daniel with the terrible giveaway and Hutton with the brainless screen on that gwg but the game was lost because the Canucks couldn't finish their numerous chances.

I thought Baertschi had his best game as a Canuck. Still can't believe how weak he is but he showed some battle today.

I agree with you about Vrbata. He's the kind of player that will pick up goals when the games are easy, but when the games get tight, he is absent. I'd love to see them move him at the deadline if they could get something for him. I suspect they won't though, as I am sure they will be thinking that they will need him as they march through to the SCF. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad