Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 (Brock Boeser) Bruins 1 in a Shootout

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Bruce is smart, when he talked about Horvat having a great game, He mentioned "Defensively"
it's a positive look to a player who offensively was struggling, but shut down Pasta and co.

Also Huge props to myers, Minus some dumb plays, man 28 minutes, was a beast tonight

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Boeser has been looking better of late. I think thats the 4th straight game ive seen him hustling and getting chances.

Dickenson is kind of like Pearson. Big body who wins board battles but he probably better defensively

We really need to work on the back end which probably means trading one of our forwards. I think Miller, Boeser, and possible Hoglander may be dangled as trade bait. I definitely think we should test the market on Petey as I think there will be quite a few teams willing to overpay for him
Yes. Use the season to see what you've got and deal of a position of strength towards the deadline. Begin to build a team that has a chance to win for half a decade, none of this maybe make the playoffs by selling the future.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Beating the Bruins is always special but today to get another win was extra special. I'm not expecting a miracle but to have the team winning and smiling again is something to build on. EP needs to find what's missing but under Boudreau we actually have a team that's already night and day from Green. One game at a time and build that confidence :thumbu:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Nov_07_2019_21_49_34.gif

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Yes. Use the season to see what you've got and deal of a position of strength towards the deadline. Begin to build a team that has a chance to win for half a decade, none of this maybe make the playoffs by selling the future.

Team messaging under Benning:

We want to build a team that competes for the playoffs.

Team messaging under Smyl:

We want to build a team that wins a championship.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Man, that’s just so awesome, makes the future so much brighter.

Hughes my man, the ice is yours.

And on a separate note, I would definitely prefer a high pick this year too, who doesn't? But what we also have at this moment is the opportunity for assessment of the team, see where the players are at. If we had years and years of winning, with a rock solid culture, then a year of losing/tanking would not be too bad, just to obtain that coveted high pick and prospect for give us that push. Right now, our priority is culture rebuild, let the players relax and find their game, and we find a good no bullshit GM. A high pick is nice to have at this point, not must to have.

At least that's my personal take on our situation.

Reactions: Indiana

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Boeser has been looking better of late. I think thats the 4th straight game ive seen him hustling and getting chances.

Dickenson is kind of like Pearson. Big body who wins board battles but he probably better defensively

We really need to work on the back end which probably means trading one of our forwards. I think Miller, Boeser, and possible Hoglander may be dangled as trade bait. I definitely think we should test the market on Petey as I think there will be quite a few teams willing to overpay for him

Miller is such a beast for us that if we are trading him it’s pretty much a retooling possible rebuild, which the owner won’t let happen. Even Boeser, when he’s on he’s a game changer out there. I don’t know if Hoglander has the trade value to bring in the D man we need on the right side. Honestly, I don’t know how we fix the D without taking a step or 2 backwards. We also lack size so moving Horvat or Miller creates a huge hole in the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad