Post-Game Talk: Canucks 2 (Brock Boeser) Bruins 1 in a Shootout

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Only got to see the last ten minutes of the third plus the OT and shootout. What moves by Miller and Horvat to secure the win, and Demko being a brick wall again - what better way to celebrate your birthday?

Oh, and BRUCE there it is! Looked like another solid effort. Bring on the next one, let’s f***ing go!

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Only got to see the last ten minutes of the third plus the OT and shootout. What moves by Miller and Horvat to secure the win, and Demko being a brick wall again - what better way to celebrate your birthday?

Oh, and BRUCE there it is! Looked like another solid effort. Bring on the next one, let’s f***ing go!
Happy Birthday!!!! More important than a Nucks win but we'll take it. :)

Chris1989

Jul 9, 2021

So this guys just all of a sudden starting tweeting again? Stay off Aquaman, just enjoy the team play better again.

Aqua is like a lot of Canucks fans. Bandwagon. Why wasn't he heard from when the team was playing like shit?? No offense but Canucks fans come out of the closet more than...

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wow... That was a tense game!
Loved how we played.

I have to say.... That was probably one of the best defensive and all around games Quinn Hughes has played here...

1st period+ drove me up the wall - Just Shoot the fricken puck! And then whenever they did, it was Hit the Fricken net! Argh..

But then they started to shoot....

Words understate how happy I feel about the PK system now... Like I said before... We will get caught by great puck moment and passing thru the slot when we're aggressive as we now are.... But I much rather see a goal against like that than a goal against our old Passive box...

Hoglander has zero shot still.. just devoid of any danger to the opposition with the puck on his stick. He looks good along the boards and moving their the n-zone... But in the slot or a scoring area -nothing.

The D was grinding HARD... Loved their effort. They were a great PP slap pass away from a back to back shutout...

It feels good...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I spit my drink at this Tweet. Well done.

LMAO That's pretty awesome.

Garrett brandishing that savagery
200.gif

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
hahaha Brilliant.. didn't see that but if it's actually true, well done.

The Tweet is 100% in jest, Garrett never said that - poking fun at Anson Carter for his nonsense about the Canucks colour commentator saying how he hated Brad Marchand, and saying this is why no one wants to play in Canada (Garrett’s actual comments were very complimentary and begrudgingly admitting Marchand’s talent level in spite of Marchand “not being one of his favourites”.)

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The Tweet is 100% in jest, Garrett never said that - poking fun at Anson Carter for his nonsense about the Canucks colour commentator saying how he hated Brad Marchand, and saying this is why no one wants to play in Canada (Garrett’s actual comments were very complimentary and begrudgingly admitting Marchand’s talent level in spite of Marchand “not being one of his favourites”.)

Damn you for getting me all giddy
:laugh:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

Happy Birthday Mr C
395F1787-8676-472A-9BCB-77850E1B695E-27192-0000107868D5D857.jpg

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Good win. Still mad nobody will take a run at rat-boy, he injured another one of our guys. Shame shame

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Aqua is like a lot of Canucks fans. Bandwagon. Why wasn't he heard from when the team was playing like shit?? No offense but Canucks fans come out of the closet more than...
Same reason 90% of Benning supporters were quiet then

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
As much as EP didn't put up points tonight saw something i liked he wasnt on ice sweeping it much he actually hit Bruins and initiated if he keeps that up rest will come along .

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I dont know if many noticed a play by podz end of shift dives at Boston blue line to push a puck deep while his line was changing i cant remember seeing a player do that under Green in regular season game .
The type of play and player you win games with
Pettersson did that in his rookie year. If someone took the puck from him, he took it personally and played at 100% effort and tempo until he had it back or possession changed. I remember him diving to make plays too until Green coached it out of him, either directly or by proxy.

It's been a loooooong time since we've seen that version of Pettersson.

Hoglander seems to be a little lost offensively right now. Could just be a slump but he’s definitely overthinking it too
Another Green casualty. Compare him now with how he looked starting the season.

Such a shame this house cleaning didn't happen a year ago. Looking forward to seeing how much Boudreau can repair.

Reactions: Indiana and B-rock

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Boeser looked like he was skating in cement this entire year. Boudreau has made a difference for him already, but it's not really that he's become faster, he's now coming into areas with speed whereas before he was just lagging up ice with the puck, looking slow. Not sure if Bruce has somehow already implemented a better system, but whatever's happening has had a noticeable change on Boesers' pace. Have also noticed we haven't knifed the puck in from center on a pass from the d in their own zone - a Greener special.

Is Luke Schenn not the biggest bang for buck player right now? Plays a heavy game and one of our only d that doesn't take much shxt. Surprisingly impressed with his breakout passes as well. Who knew.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Is Luke Schenn not the biggest bang for buck player right now? Plays a heavy game and one of our only d that doesn't take much shxt. Surprisingly impressed with his breakout passes as well. Who knew.

I think Schenn is a very solid #6 d-man. His skating really holds him back though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm beginning to think that the 2011 team wasn't that soft after all......
They weren't at all.

You know what was bullshit though was that Campbell's daddy was head of officiating and the Bruins were allowed to get away with such garbage that series.

Canucks continued to get hosed by officiating even through 2013 when the sharks had like 40 powerplays in 4 games

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Pettersson did that in his rookie year. If someone took the puck from him, he took it personally and played at 100% effort and tempo until he had it back or possession changed. I remember him diving to make plays too until Green coached it out of him, either directly or by proxy.

It's been a loooooong time since we've seen that version of Pettersson.

Another Green casualty. Compare him now with how he looked starting the season.

Such a shame this house cleaning didn't happen a year ago. Looking forward to seeing how much Boudreau can repair.
Most of the onus on the player in this case...
His progression will be him gaining experience and learning better decision making with the puck ... He's exhibiting the same symptoms he's had since day 1.. can't put it on Green.
He needs to build his confidence... And that will happen when he puts work into his shot.. mainly accuracy. The strength of shot may not come... But accuracy will.. put the work in, feel confident in it, then use it in a high danger position instead of a high risk dish to the side of the net..

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It's almost impossible to overstate how poorly the Canucks were coached under Green. An endless list of players acquired and signed by Benning who came to Vancouver and gradually started playing the worst hockey of their careers.

Dickinson is a classic case in point. He looks like a different player the last two nights. But the first 25 games into his career with the Canucks, he was reduced to being a replacement level player.

Boudreau in the post game presser said that the Wild and Stars played a lot of games in the Central Division, and Dickinson was an excellent player for Dallas. What happened to him when he came to the Canucks? You might as well ask, what happened to Schmidt? Couldn't wait to get out of town.

Sad reality for Benning, is that if he'd hired a guy like Boudreau after last season, he might still have his job.
I don't agree with this..I think Green was a great coach for getting the young core players acclimatized to the the league..and the bubble playoff success was a big step forward...To completely 'whitewash' him out as being an all round lousy coach who completely stifled players is completely untrue..Thats the way it is here on HF Canucks..It's either got to be black or white.

Maybe Dickenson is playing better because his coach in junior was was assistant coach Scott Walker.

I agree that that if Benning hadn't hitched his ride to Green...and had gotten a vet coach, things would have been different this season..Thing is...It was the right change to dismiss both Benning and Green (and I'm not anti-Benning), given their already long leashes, they were full value for their firings.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

You caught the best...and then you caught the best, after your kids game.... Win Win.

There is new found energy and excitement now: and it is tangible in the locker room.

It just might continue on the ice, if proper steps are taken.

P.S. to Aqua....back the f off our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad