Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ COVID cases now over 20 (players, staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm sorry for your team...but at least it's not the Leafs. THAT would be a national crisis. Govermments would fall and uncontrollable street riots to follow. Shirley Marital Law would follow.

The national treasure must be preserved at all costs.. Pickled in brine if we must.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Yup, there are people who are STILL adamant not to wear a mask a year and couple months in.

All because they want their ‘freedom’

The government is not out to get them, or take away their freedoms. It is simply trying to keep people healthy.

Conspiracy theories are bad enough at the best of times, during a worsening global pandemic...pure ignorance.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
You are right. This pandemic seems to be bring out the worst in some people.

Honestly, the last time the region was remotely united was during the Olympics and Vancouver Canucks Cup run. Even then, a bunch of idiots torched the city down after the latter.

The preconceived notion that Canadians are friendly and polite has to stop. What I seen with the protests and actions towards others has me shaking my head.

Yup, there are people who are STILL adamant not to wear a mask a year and couple months in.

Canada pays the most for phone plans [because no reason] and the housing market has gotten out of reach for an entire generation of young, but yeah, freedom! No masks!

Reactions: Lonny Bohonos

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Make me Emperor and i will solve this abomination.

I will give the resistant poluli a choice. Mandatory masks or adult diapers on their head. Equally effective and fashionable.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Just heard Elliott Friedman on 650 saying the Canucks who do have Covid are asymptomatic or experiencing a bit of symptoms. No games this week, but maybe the next week?

This can't be true!!!!! I thought they were all on deaths doorstep due to the rare and deadly Brazilian strain?

TOTAL load of horseshit just like the entire exercise that we've been going through.

COMPLETELY overblown and absolutely par for the course............

I can't believe the media would mislead us..........Absolutely shocking. :help:

#overit #completeBS #notdrinkingthecoolaid

Reactions: Eyeseeing

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Heard a guy (Jang?) on CKNW this morning talking about what if the Canucks don’t play any more games. He said the team might forfeit those games 0-1. How does that effect the draft though? We would go 0-19 over the remaining games. Our record would be really bad.

We should be soo lucky - like who here given the choice wouldn't take that in a heartbeat?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
facebook-like-2.png

Reactions: WTG and mriswith

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I'm sure most of the anti-mask group was going to push ahead with that anyway, but the government on both sides of the border saying "masks don't matter" months into the pandemic certainly didn't help the cause. I understand why they did it, but people also don't really like being lied to and sometimes you have to deal with the consequences of that.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This can't be true!!!!! I thought they were all on deaths doorstep due to the rare and deadly Brazilian strain?

TOTAL load of horseshit just like the entire exercise that we've been going through.

With the Covid “crisis” on our team it’s like sport’s reporters are into creating news, instead reporting news. If they don’t know for sure, then don’t speculate. We know Sutter is pretty sick, because his uncle (was it his uncle?) stayed as such. I think Gaudette’s wife posted that Adam was sick in bed. Other than that, have any other “reports” been factual, or are they more speculative? Is there actual confirmation Canuck players are on IV?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The government is not out to get them, or take away their freedoms. It is simply trying to keep people healthy.

Conspiracy theories are bad enough at the best of times, during a worsening global pandemic...pure ignorance.
The anti maskers really bother me because now the media and a lotta people lump anyone who criticizes the government and this system as conspiracy theorists as if there the same as anti maskers. I literally had some dimwits at work ask me if i rejected the vaccine because they thought i was anti vacciner cause i criticize the government on UNRELATED issues

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Dude... P1 variant is no joke.

Our hospitals are changing protocols to deal with because it is far worse then regular Covid. Royal Coumbian is reaching capacity. Young people are ending up in ICUs at a rate not seen before.

We may see over run hospitals like we have heard about in the rest of the world in the next 2-3 weeks. It is 2.6 times more transmissable and far more deadly.

Your take is exactly what BC does not need!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dude... P1 variant is no joke.

Our hospitals are changing protocols to deal with because it is far worse then regular Covid. Royal Coumbian is reaching capacity. Young people are ending up in ICUs at a rate not seen before.

We may see over run hospitals like we have heard about in the rest of the world in the next 2-3 weeks. It is 2.6 times more transmissable and far more deadly.

Your take is exactly what BC does not need!
Actually we had 4700 beds prepared for Covid, and only used 350 at the max. This variant is clearly bad news, but we can (because we have) accommodate the severely ill in hospital.

Reactions: yoss

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Living in asia as an expat, everyone here wears a mask, you’re not judged by wearing a mask, everyone just follows the rules.. and guess what? Cases are getting lower and lower and almost gone in some countries.

Masks work, don’t be an idiot and not wear one. The government is just trying to keep folks healthy.

Just looks whats happening in Brazil, really playing with people’s lives.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

tenor-4.gif

Reactions: Excitable Boy

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

2 of my co-workers from my old job died from covid. I can assure you its not a joke... both were healthy and in their early 40’s. Now they leave behind young children and a wive. You just don’t know how your body will react to it. Don’t make stupid assumptions.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I'm sure most of the anti-mask group was going to push ahead with that anyway, but the government on both sides of the border saying "masks don't matter" months into the pandemic certainly didn't help the cause. I understand why they did it, but people also don't really like being lied to and sometimes you have to deal with the consequences of that.

Sounds like the players will be just fine like almost everyone under the age of 60 that are essentially healthy to begin with.
Comorbidity issues, weight and age are huge factors in outcomes.

I never see anyone , anywhere indoors without a mask and the numbers kept climbing anyways.
So are masks effective? or is this a virus doing what’s viruses do ... spread.

Yes the the messages regarding masks has been all over the place from authorities and now the second vaccination periods extended to match when the vaccines MIGHT be available.... you can’t make this stuff up.

Reactions: m9

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
So Coombs is using the old straw man defense - "what are you going to do, test twice a day?"

Notice how no one reputable - other than some people asking about rapid tests being done after an outbreak has been detected - is asking for that.

Rather, we know that the Monday test showed positive, but rather than either 1) best practices get the results later on Monday, isolate player, delay Tuesday skate until new testing is completed or 2) bare minimum a reasonable person would expect keep the players off the ice on Tuesday until Monday's test results come in, neither was done.

Who knows, but one thing is for certain - Linden* made them do it.

*Linden right? He's still the scapegoat au courant? Or did I miss the latest false narrative being peddled? I can never keep up with the spin.

Reactions: J Corso and rypper

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Actually we had 4700 beds prepared for Covid, and only used 350 at the max. This variant is clearly bad news, but we can (because we have) accommodate the severely ill in hospital.

Yes when every non essential surgery in the province was cancelled before. Not exactly ideal for overall healthcare in the province.

I can guarentee you that our ICU numbers will be setting records this month.

For young people not worried....the average age in ICU from P1 variant is down to 29. Medical Director at Royal Colunbian said they are now applying extreme measures (ie ventilators) on people in their 30's on a regular basis now.

SomeSortOfHockey

Oct 9, 2013
2 of my co-workers from my old job died from covid. I can assure you its not a joke... both were healthy and in their early 40’s. Now they leave behind young children and a wive. You just don’t know how your body will react to it. Don’t make stupid assumptions.

I find this extremly hard to believe. You would have to be extremly unlucky to even know two extreme outliers like this. I live in Czech Republic, majority arround me have had covid (not all reported). Yes I know people who have died while positive, with significant health problems and at older ages. Three I know well had blood clots / heart attack and frankly I dont dispute that they may have lived for a few more years had they not gotten sick.

Look covid is serious. It does contribute to more deaths. There is also lots of bs out there and also lots of good knowledge that is simply ignored. In my opinion by far the bigest problem at this stage is rights being eroded, not the virus. I say this as someone in a country where 15% officially had it and over 50% are calculated to have been exposed. 40 year old dying is extrenly rare if they don't have serious health issues. To say you know 2 people in a country with very few cases is damn hard to believe. But if its true dont use it as a justification for x but instead understand you are a exception not the norm.

Reactions: yoss and Eyeseeing

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes when every non essential surgery in the province was cancelled before. Not exactly ideal for overall healthcare in the province.

I can guarentee you that our ICU numbers will be setting records this month.

For young people not worried....the average age in ICU from P1 variant is down to 29. Medical Director at Royal Colunbian said they are now applying extreme measures (ie ventilators) on people in their 30's on a regular basis now.
Again, we can open beds for severe illness very quickly. We did it before, so it’s evident we can again, if needed. Of all the illness on the Canucks how many required hospitalization? Covid is bad news, and we all need to follow the health authority guidelines, but for those who do get severe illness (and it’s no one’s fault getting sick; it happens) we have hospital beds to care for them.
Hopefully this outbreak in the Canucks gets some younger people to be more careful, and follow the guidelines set out by their health authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad