Confirmed with Link: Canucks’ COVID cases now over 20 (players, staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
pk4qfc33b1r61.png

Adam Gaudette with a positive COVID test and has entered the protocols. Virtanen has been told to stay home because he's feeling sick.

Anyone know of the status of the Flames-Canucks game tomorrow night? If the the Canucks go into a two-week lockdown like the Habs, they should just call the season now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Adam Gaudette with a positive COVID test and has entered the protocols. Virtanen has been told to stay home because he's feeling sick.

Anyone know of the status of the Flames-Canucks game tomorrow night? If the the Canucks go into a two-week lockdown like the Habs, they should just call the season now.
I guess it depends on how the other guys test, and if AG has one of those extra nasty variant strains. This is just another reason why .benning should have been selling guys earlier. Now he can’t trade guys, especially if the team goes into protocol. Such a terrible GM.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I guess it depends on how the other guys test, and if AG has one of those extra nasty variant strains. This is just another reason why .benning should have been selling guys earlier. Now he can’t trade guys, especially if the team goes into protocol. Such a terrible GM.
I guess every GM in the league with teams lower in the standings must also be terrible GMs since not one team has had a major sell-off yet. There's a lot of reasons you can say Benning is bad at his job, but predicting a player on this team would get Covid is not one of them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I guess every GM in the league with teams lower in the standings must also be terrible GMs since not one team has had a major sell-off yet. There's a lot of reasons you can say Benning is bad at his job, but predicting a player on this team would get Covid is not one of them.
Only movement in the past week was Staal and Lemieux. You could say Roussel is comparable to Lemieux if the Canucks retained 45-50% to match Lemieux’s cap hit next season. Similar players but the acl killed Roussel skating. Even at a 6/7th round pick I think LA takes Lemieux and tries to make him a PK guy.

Staal, can play C and Wing unlike Pearson. Hands probably still favour Staal. Skating, Staal has lost a step since his prime and Pearson is an average skater so about even there. Both have Cups. Pearson still hurt while Staal needs to quarantine. Not sure how many more games Staal would get in before Pearson comes off IR.

these are your best comps for guys who recently moved. Pearson would likely only get a 3rd only.

Reactions: mossey3535

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I imagine if Gaudette's positive result is re-confirmed they'll have to shut down the Canucks for two weeks, considering he was on the ice with them for practice today.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I imagine if Gaudette's positive result is re-confirmed they'll have to shut down the Canucks for two weeks, considering he was on the ice with them for practice today.
Or for the guys testing negative isn’t it four tests in a row (four days) of negatives? They definitely should be off until the weekend.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Or for the guys testing negative isn’t it four tests in a row (four days) of negatives? They definitely should be off until the weekend.

Those were the bubble rules IIRC.

Not sure what the current rules are for returning. And I think they may differ depending on jurisdiction.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If I had a gun to my head and had to pick which Vancouver players are most likely to contract COVID, I would choose Virtanen and Gaudette.

Hmm... I'm not sure if I would have picked Gaudette. I just assumed that between spending time with his wife and gaming he wouldn't be out much.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
Hmm... I'm not sure if I would have picked Gaudette. I just assumed that between spending time with his wife and gaming he wouldn't be out much.

I feel like there's a strong possibility he's in the "COVID is a hoax Bill Gates 5G" crowd.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Maybe it was a false positive for gaudette.
They are just now waiting for the second test.
Virtanen is not positive.
They are just now going through it and who's been in contact with gaudette. Then if nobody is tested positive tomorrow morning, the game will go on just like any other same situation when there's 24h to the gezame sire.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Utica has to figure their crap out.

3 more games postponed
They have some important prospects that this team is highly dependent on developing.

next game is now April 9th.
Get them vaccinated or just do something.
it’s embarrassing now at this point.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Jake not feeling well this morning. So hung over or from over eating cherry pie?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
LMFAO

Reactions: NK94

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Utica has to figure their crap out.

3 more games postponed
They have some important prospects that this team is highly dependent on developing.

next game is now April 9th.
Get them vaccinated or just do something.
it’s embarrassing now at this point.
What the f*** does this even mean? The AHL is in shambles due to a pandemic. What should they do specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca