LeBrun: Canes looking for a Sniper

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Lindholm while I miss him very much would not have scored half the goals he’s scored for the Canes so far. Take him away from those other two and he goes right back to maybe a mild 5% increase over last year. He’s no sniper for the Canes, he’s a high end compliment to other scorers.
I’m sorry but all these things I’ve heard about Lindholm before the season are questionable. The guy is an absolute stud. Yes he is a perfect fit on our top line but boy does he have the hustle and an amazing shot.

Why don’t Canes go all in on Senko?

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
In any of the pro sports, has an Owner made themselves GM or President of Team Ops?

You’d think one of them would have wanted to do at some point in history lol
I'm sure someone as already replied, but yes! Yes an owner has made himself GM in a pro sport. In fact, the owner of the team worth more than any other pro team did it. May I introduce you to one Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys?

Reactions: SvechNecas

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Would the Canes want both Jeff Carter and Tyler Toffoli? I could see the Kings taking back Darling if they trade Quick and it meant getting a first, Jake Bean, and a younger roster player. Would make Carolina one hell of a team.

NHL 19 trade mode activated:

Toffoli
Carter
Quick

for

1st 2019
Bean
Rask
Darling

I had a similar thought a couple weeks ago

something like

Carter
Quick

for

Darling
Bean
Faulk
1st

I like your idea too. It seems like there is a fit for a trade between these two teams.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
Please trade Fleury to the Devils. Also this guy saying they need snipers is like Gruden saying the Raiders need pass rush.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

something like

Carter
Quick

for

Darling
Bean
Faulk
1st

I like your idea too. It seems like there is a fit for a trade between these two teams.

Not a fan of this from a Canes perspective. The aforementioned deal with Toffoli involved as well as Carter makes more sense if they're giving up that much...

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

something like

Carter
Quick

for

Darling
Bean
Faulk
1st

Christ, no. Make that trade, and a couple years later, when Quick and Carter are done, you're right back to where you were, and worse off without Bean or the 1st.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Regardless of what franchise you root for, it just makes my skin crawl listening to these owners. Makes you wish you were wealthy to relieve is stunned :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: of there team.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Kings and Carolina make ideal trading partners. Hurricanes want to be good now, LA needs to rebuild or retool.

Kovy
Toffoli
Quick

for

2019 first round pick
Gauthier
Fleury
Darling

Would give the Canes heathy lines of:

Ferland-Aho-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Rask-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Staal-Williams
Foegele-Wallmark-McGinn

Slavin-Pesce
DeHaan-Faulk
TVR-Hamilton

Quick
Mrazek

Looks like a very solid team if you ask me.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
are you a fan of the Hurricanes because your predict they will be relocating to Quebec ?
just curious hahaha
Just an interpretation of the constant "Carolina to QC" comments that still exist in here even after the sale, long after the owner and league said the team isn't moving now or anytime later.

Reactions: SvechNecas

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Kings and Carolina make ideal trading partners. Hurricanes want to be good now, LA needs to rebuild or retool.

Kovy
Toffoli
Quick

for

2019 first round pick
Gauthier
Fleury
Darling
Make that Carter instead of Kovy and then we can talk. I don't think the Canes want anything to do with Kovy's contract and age.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Saying "we won't be drafting defense in the first round" is insanely stupid.

You never, ever show your hand. It just gives information to the teams ahead and behind you on draft day. If there's a forward they want, they're going to jump up ahead of you. If the team ahead of you wants defense, they'll be willing to drop back.

Unless you want to draft Defense in the first round, Trick the teams ahead of you in the draft into thinking you are going to draft forwards so they will to draft forwards. (in poker it's called a bluff)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Unless you want to draft Defense in the first round, Trick the teams ahead of you in the draft into thinking you are going to draft forwards so they will to draft forwards. (in poker it's called a bluff)

I dont think hes bluffing. Even if he was it would only work once.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
We are very deep on the back end, and some promising prospects, we had luck with 2nd and later rounds with drafting defenseman.

I think it’s more of a shot at taking Fluery over Nylander...
Can you comment of the ridiculous hot take that defence can be easily bought?

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Can you comment of the ridiculous hot take that defence can be easily bought?

Dundon’s sole experience as an owner spending meaningful money in Free Agency is signing Calvin De Haan (who has been great) despite the Canes already having a deep defense and a deep defensive prospect pool. Perhaps behind the scenes the Canes have had a lot of trouble acquiring a good forward and it has been very frustrating which makes the De Haan signing seem “easy”?

It is all a moot point (as well as the 1st round drafting comment) because the Canes have Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, De Haan, Fleury, Bean, Fox (if he signs), McKeown, and Luke Martin all in the system for the mid-long term as well as Faulk and TVR signed for 1 additional year. The Canes don’t really need to add another D for the next 2-3 years. They actually need to shed at least 1.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Is everyone who's ripping Dundon for saying "we won't draft defensemen in the 1st round" just conveniently forgetting that JR said and did the same ****ing thing when he was here?

No.

Do you remember when RF took over and the state of our D was so poor that drafting Hadyn Fleury was widely viewed as a necessity move; that it was an unexciting pick that met a critical need.

Or...that some of us had been calling for JR's head and suggesting that he had no idea how to team-build because of "thinking" like that.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad