LeBrun: Canes looking for a Sniper

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They need to stop this guy from continually ranting to the media. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Don Waddell will be one of the worst things to happen to this franchise.

If we go all the way back to the Hartford days, I'd rank him above only Eddie Johnston in terms of WhalerCanes GMs and behind Burke and Rutherford.

It's kind of frustrating that Francis seems best of the bunch. Hoping TD gives DW the axe day-one of the offseason; he should not wait any longer than that.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I hate basically everything he said in that quote, not to mention the fact they gave away their sniper for nothing in the offseason. **** do I miss Francis

It's painful seeing a team a few pieces away with one of the best prospect pools and then reading your owner basically say he wants to dismantle the process that has gotten them to this, AND wants to turn the team into a rush pond hockey team the rest of the league figured out you can't win with years ago.

Honestly you want to start winning then shut the hell up, get an actual reliable goalie, and enjoy first/second round in the playoffs for a few years while the prospects and young roster mature.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
this is one of the funniest rumors to date.

Lindholm and Skinner have a combined 37goals which is over half the Canes production to date of 72.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Putting the Dmen aside, our roster is just not very good. Young? Yes. Potential? Of course.

The Skinner trade was atrocious, and it didn't even take hindsight to call it that. As for the criticism of not utilizing Lindy, I'm more of the belief that was due to the severe lack of nhl talent on our roster. He went to the Flames and is thriving beyond what he did, or would have done, in Carolina. Oh yeah, with the same coach. If Peters didn't think he was able you wouldn't see him paired with Johnny and Monahan. Who, pray tell in Carolina is comparable last season for Elias to be paired with that would deliver similar results? Skinner and Aho at Center? Maybe.

Thanks for the Skinner and Lindholm jokes. Appreciated, lol. Just remember to be a good sport when salt is rubbed in your sucky team's wound. (Looking at you Buffalo for you sucked just as long as us until this year.)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This is like when Oakland traded Khalil Mack and then John Gruden said they needed a pass rusher.

Trade Skinner, immediately need a sniper. Ok. Did this not go through your head before the trade? Getting assets for your best players with expiring contracts is one thing, but you can't do it if also you expect to be good simultaneously. This is exactly why the Jackets should hold on to Panarin until the offseason.

And the GM said they needed a sniper.

To be fair on Lindholm, he couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn with the Canes.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dundon should be the GM

In any of the pro sports, has an Owner made themselves GM or President of Team Ops?

You’d think one of them would have wanted to do at some point in history lol

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
Should have offered more for Nylander than Brett Pesce.

But I'm a huge Leafs and Nylander fan so I'm really glad they didn't offer something which Dubas would have to accept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad