LeBrun: Canes looking for a Sniper

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
They should check out this young scorer in Western NY

Think his name is Skeff Jinner
Sometimes a team needs to move on from a player to progress. Hall, Kessel come to mind. Cal will be a good team for allot of years over paying skinner wouldn’t of helped that. Sometimes you just need let the kids know they can make it what they want.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Sometimes a team needs to move on from a player to progress. Hall, Kessel come to mind. Cal will be a good team for allot of years over paying skinner wouldn’t of helped that. Sometimes you just need let the kids know they can make it what they want.

Did the Oil really progress after moving on?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Did the Oil really progress after moving on?
As a team maybe not but I’m willing to guess the dressing room view did. They totally lost the trade (as did tor for the Kessel trade) but in the long run sometimes it helps a team just to make a new identity I really belive edm will be an example of that as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We all knew the Skinner trade was bad this just makes it look so much worse.

This team has been solid over the years it always seems like they are a goalie away from being a playoff team. Just need someone better making the decisions.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
As a team maybe not but I’m willing to guess the dressing room view did. They totally lost the trade (as did tor for the Kessel trade) but in the long run sometimes it helps a team just to make a new identity I really belive edm will be an example of that as well.

Landing mcdavid turned that team around. Not them moving out pieces or bailing on their former core

Let's be honest here.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Landing mcdavid turned that team around. Not them moving out pieces or bailing on their former core

Let's be honest here.
Oh for sure. But allot has come out about the “young kids” and such there for a few years. That team just seemed to accept losing to me and didn’t have the drive. Just my view of it and not that it’s dofferent now persay just saying to me I understand where it came from making a trade like it.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
‘Canes looking for a sniper’

What team isn’t looking for a sniper?

Pretty sure no team in the NHL is saying to themselves let’s trade our sniper.... goals are overrated.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
‘Canes looking for a sniper’

What team isn’t looking for a sniper?

Pretty sure no team in the NHL is saying to themselves let’s trade our sniper.... goals are overrated.

Toronto may very well be doing that with Kapanen. He's not a traditional shot but has incredible speed and a pretty good shot. On pace for 31 goals.

Not because "goals are overrated" but to balance the team.

I can safely say Toronto is not looking for a sniper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad