LeBrun: Canes looking for a Sniper

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I’m sorry but all these things I’ve heard about Lindholm before the season are questionable. The guy is an absolute stud. Yes he is a perfect fit on our top line but boy does he have the hustle and an amazing shot.

Why don’t Canes go all in on Senko?
You’re gonna have to wait until you see him without those two for starters. We wouldn’t have played him with TT and Aho, that wouldn’t be a good line. He played a ton with Staal, which is where all offense goes to die. He set up Staal a million times with almost zero results. He’s also not a natural shooter, I get how it’s hard to see right now but I’ve seen most of his goals and he obviously has the skill to hit the net when being setup for a quality chance but he rarely scores on plays he creates with a square goalie.

He wouldn’t have gotten half the chances he’s gotten this year with the canes. He never got passes like that, and he wouldn’t have gotten any this year either. I would’ve been surprised if he had more than five goals by now on the Canes.

He’s the perfect player to play with guys like JG and SM. He creates enough to spark them, and skilled enough to finish their plays.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
No.

Do you remember when RF took over and the state of our D was so poor that drafting Hadyn Fleury was widely viewed as a necessity move; that it was an unexciting pick that met a critical need.

Or...that some of us had been calling for JR's head and suggesting that he had no idea how to team-build because of "thinking" like that.
Fleury was the right choice that day and I still don’t mind it.

Reactions: hurricure

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Honestly Carolina just really doesn't create rosters with any chemistry. A very good d corps and hard working forward crew should be able to mask poor goaltending as it's happened plenty in nhl history. They always seem to be ripe with young offensive talent that never takes the next step to being elite.

They have been one of the most confusing teams in years. A shoe-in to be a bubble team annually. Never terrible. Never contenders.

Being a budget conscious team in a poor hockey market probably doesn't help the front office decision making either in probably making a few decisions aggressively more than they would like although they never have seemed to step on a huge landmine outside of the Jordan staal trade and contract

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If the Canes want a line-driver that *might* be readily available- then they should go after Panarin.

Problem is it will cost a fortune, Jackets don't need defense, and they will have to double-down on Panarin staying (+ accepting an acceptable contract/term). Which is probably very unlikely- haven't added the fact they have new ownership as well.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Poor Canes fans have to deal with an owner who just seemingly learned that hockey is a sport. How can he expect a bottom spending team year after year to afford the most valuable and expensive commodity in the league, goal scorers. Scoring more goals costs money.

You’d think a business man would understand the concept of supply and demand. He’s lucky they’re not being blown out 5-1 every game with that kind of budget. Some teams who spend up to the cap can barely score, what chance does he have?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Any interest in Mantha?

Yes. We have Faulk, TVR, Our 2nd, Buffalo 2nd, and prospects as a list of tradeables. I don't think the other roster players available would be anything that Detroit is interested in. Potentially I would put our 1st on the list as well but I know many others feel we shouldn't be in a position to trade that pick.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Yes. We have Faulk, TVR, Our 2nd, Buffalo 2nd, and prospects as a list of tradeables. I don't think the other roster players available would be anything that Detroit is interested in. Potentially I would put our 1st on the list as well but I know many others feel we shouldn't be in a position to trade that pick.
I doubt they would be interested in trading Mantha for any of those pieces.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I doubt they would be interested in trading Mantha for any of those pieces.

I don't blame you. Aho, Svech, Slavin are clearly off limits and I just can't see any of TT, Pesce, Hamilton being on the table for Mantha. If the Canes are out of it then maybe Ferland gets traded at the deadline but I think the Canes would like to hold on to him. Nothing else on the roster of interest so similar to the Kapanen situation, it just might not be a fit. If the Canes are giving up one of their bigger pieces, they need a bigger name coming back. I do like Mantha a lot though.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad