LeBrun: Canes looking for a Sniper

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Don’t get or agree with the no defense in 1st rd. You take BPA and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe that was a dig at Francis for taking Fleury/Hanifin/Bean from 2014-16. He kinda has a point with Fleury over Nylander and Ehlers, but Hanifin was a no-brainer at #5 at the time and Bean was the BPA according to the experts at #13 in 2016.
Hindsight is always 20/20 though. Francis had no idea what he had in Slavin and Pesce when he took Fleury. The org was in dire need of D then.

Right now they need to turn one of Faulk/Hamilton/Pesce into a legit 20g guy with term an/or youth on his side. Dealing Skinner and not using their depth at D to plug that hole is a huge misstep from this past off-season.
There were a lot of people who saw the lack of upside with Hanafin.

As a Leaf fan, if Arizona had taken Marner, I was hoping for a trade down to get Werenski, Provorov, or Rantanen(not that I ever thought he’d be what he is now).

geno2727

May 16, 2017
tumblr_mdsnxlwl171qelb7ro1_r1_500.gif

Slavin for Anisimov

Reactions: Superlative Soup

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We won't accept in-conference trades. Send him to SJ first, we'd rather deal with Wilson.

Seems rather destructive to a team if they cut off trade talks to half the league. As long as it makes your club better why worry about an inter conference trade? (though I certainly wouldn't do that Hoffman deal as suggested).

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Tyler Tofolli makes all kinds of sense here.

Indeed. Carolina already had a trade fall apart with a Western team at the last minute. Seems like St Louis and LA are the obvious links. Wonder if Carter threatening to retire if he got traded to a bad team is related. Carter + Toffoli would have done a lot to fix the Canes issues and they have many good futures that LA might be interested in.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad