Confirmed with Link: Canadiens trade for Christian Dvorak for Cond. '22 1st (best but top 10 protected) + '24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Probably because they are likely to hit a lot of OT and are well built for a playoff run.
They also just need to be top 5 to make the post season with wild card spot. Meaning habs will need to be top 3 in our division. Not likely at this point. I see no way for the habs to be better than the Canes, Toronto, Florida, or even the bruins despite a tough summer. Ottawa is looking strong, leaving us sitting just ahead of detroit and buffalo. At best we give them a 11-16 pick and we get close to it if the canes crap the bed and miss the playoffs, unlikely IMO.

I disagree with that obviously. It's just as likely both teams miss the playoffs. 5 teams in Metro: Washington, Pens, NYI, NYR, Philadelphia. Tampa Bay, Florida and Toronto in Atlantic, or Boston in and Philly out. Carolina will be a part of the mix, but they are not a guarantee at all.

It's possible both Caps & Pens finally both crash & burn, but New Jersey and NYR both made strong moves this year and a lot of people seem to think Flyers will be much better this year and are a playoff team. I don't see Carolina being appreciably better than anyone in the Metro.

It's going to come down to goaltending, depth & injuries.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'll probably be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing Habs sign Bozak to either a 1-year deal or on a PTO (to see if he can earn a contract). A veteran center who can play in the bottom-6. Like Dvorak, he's real good in the face-off dot, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a center line of Suzuki, Dvorak, Bozak, and Evans. With guys like Paquette, Perreault, and Poehling as options, as well.
If they sign Bozak who's out of the lineup? We have too many NHL players

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hope they will rebuild the 6 Million Weber Man. Do the whole Kucherov thang!

unlike the bolts though, we don't have a roster well suited to get us to the point where the playoff time reinforcements will be of any use (except at the golf tourney circuit :naughty:)

Reactions: Bacchus1

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You are rewriting history here, and who the f*** start a 18 years old kid in the NHL if he think the kid will only hit his stride 7 year later. :huh:
Bergevin was the conceptual creator of the ever-dreaming KK rainbow booboo bear foundation.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pointless to predict standings now. Who would have predicted the Canucks to get last in the North before the season started? Or the Wild to have such a good season? So much can happen in a season.

Or the Sharks would all of a sudden become a lottery team when they acquired Karlsson. They were picking in the 20's for years. When they sent a 1st to Ottawa for their franchise defenseman, they crapped the bed and thus Sens ended up with a lottery pick, selecting Stutzle 3rd overall.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
maybe someone has already addressed this... but does this trade structure than prevent us from trading either the Canes/Habs pick between now and the draft?

did MB just tie his own hands when it comes to using that asset?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Petry
Chiarot
Edmundson
Savard
Romanov
Wideman
Kulak

any team/GM that believes a d group like that is a good bet to support making the playoffs, let alone a deep playoff run, is either incredibly incompetent or flat-out lying.

well, hopefully Norlinder will be good. And hopefully Weber will recover. And, hopefully we can pick up someone on waiver or through a trade. But, yeah, as of now …. I’m worried about out D a bit.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not to be a meany but more I think about it, it's like Bergevin essentialy took out the trash. Got rid of players who thought they were worth more than they were and they found suckers in the two teams that got them by overpaying. And Dvorak comes in, is paid a damn fair contract and he's got things that these players lacked: more skilled than Dano, far better defensively than KK. I won't miss the lack of production and the falling all over the ice.

Reactions: aresknights

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
well, hopefully Norlinder will be good. And hopefully Weber will recover. And, hopefully we can pick up someone on waiver or through a trade. But, yeah, as of now …. I’m worried about out D a bit.

ah yes... the eternal "Hoping" that a -brought to you by MB- offseason leaves us with as the only way to have the season go well...

hey, we got a taste of what happens when all the hoping pays off, a bit, last year. Maybe we get lucky two years in a row???

I hope Norlinder stays in Europe until we've got some competence leading the hockey ops. Our track record of managing high-skill players is not good.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I agree I think he'll do great here with much better wingers on his line.

Well, that's clearly not something I saw him doing so far in his career.

yes, but the question was can you envision. A lot of people think KK has no more development left and can't envision any scenario where he further develops.

Reactions: billy piton

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Just about my excitement level for the roster this year:

photo.php

Reactions: Rangers ftw

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Petry
Chiarot
Edmundson
Savard
Romanov
Wideman
Kulak

any team/GM that believes a d group like that is a good bet to support making the playoffs, let alone a deep playoff run, is either incredibly incompetent or flat-out lying.

Same group as last year but replace injured/ ineffective/ garbage Weber for Savard and Romanov 1 yr better?
Can you tell us what you felt of Webers game last reg season. I'm sure there is lots of posts from ya.
So I'm guessing you gotta figure group is better than last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad