Confirmed with Link: Canadiens trade for Christian Dvorak for Cond. '22 1st (best but top 10 protected) + '24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Something the fan club of MB would need to explain to me is if you don't believe in JK (because if you do believe in him you match 100%) then WTF you don't trade him at the end of the season and sign Danault as your 2nd line center. MB is lost imo he doesn't know where he is heading.

Bergevin was hoping to sign him to a low term low dollar deal, like 2 years at 2-3 mill per.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Locks

May 28, 2005
I don't see Dvorak being the replacement for KK even though we got him because of KK's offer sheet. He's Danault's replacement. And, I think that works. He's younger, cheaper & brings better scoring ability. Danault's offense has been abysmal the last 2 years.

We haven't replaced KK.

Evans/Poehling will likely fight for his spot with Evans having a head start since DD obviously trusts him. KK lost his roster spot to Evans in last 2 finals games. DD also was not at all afraid to use Evans versus McDavid during regular season.

Evans continued growth is really important to the team. His issue is can he provide enough offense to help the team enough at both ends?

Paquette is #4C or Poehling if he has a great camp.

Good points overall and I agree that Dvorak and Evans replace Danault and KK but I just switch the order here. As you pointed out, Evans was used against McDavid, the Leafs M & M duo, and the Point line vs Tampa and did very well. So with such impressive shutdown chops, it should be Evans that replaces Danault as a top defensive centre. Dvorak, while solid defensively, brings considerable offence to the table if we look at the stats in the context of who he played with and his skills, will be a 2C and replace what KK was supposed to provide in a 2C role.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Habs believed in KK, but not as a 2C right now, MBs always said KK will hit his stride around 25, that’s 4-years away. The goal was to sign an insurance policy to help slowly develop at 3C slot and grow over time without sacrificing winning today.

Ownership will not allow a rebuild especially after 2-years of lost revenue

You are rewriting history here, and who the f*** start a 18 years old kid in the NHL if he think the kid will only hit his stride 7 year later. :huh:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Weak argument and doesn't apply to most things in life. Anyone who believes their company is the only one that will ever employ them is a fool. Any employer that thinks their employees owe them for anything are even bigger fools.

Said Mad Max.

To quote Hobbes,

“Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men live without other security, than what their own strength, and their own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.”

In short, when every man cares only for themselves, and not for their tribe, one cannot claim the benefits of the tribe.

KK better step up his game and fly on his own, because MTL will no longer protect him, and if he doesn’t show Carolina the money, neither will they.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Wait a minute...(top 10 protected)

So if montreal pick is #12
and carolina pick is #27

Arizona get our #12 picks???:eek::eek::eek:
or

If the Carolina or Montreal Pick ends up being a 8th overall then we, the Canadiens make that selection.

But honestly, if you have Montreal as picking 27 then we essentially made the Conference finals, that's a good thing

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I wrote that he screwed up with KK. I agree with you. Way before this season. I believe KK wanted to join Aho. Waddell did try to get him. And Dundon is a vindictive billionaire. And he did rile up his fellow NHL owners at a Boca Raton meeting. That was documented. He’s a self sufficient prick. And the Aho offer was ALLLLL about the 20M bonus. He had ridiculed the bonus structured contracts a la Price. Why do you think players don’t last in Carolina? Because he’s like Melnyk. He thinks he knows better. Not very different than his buddy at Marde de Lagon.
Please the TDS syndrome is getting old(I hear about TDS from both sides, trudeau is at fault for everything, or trump is at fault, depending on which side of the border people are arguing about) I don't agree with either assessment. I hate both but find reasons for the fulltime hate are often faulty.

Molson is just as much a shitheal at this point then. If you know the guy has an ego issue, why do it? This is the games they play. See if I can make you look somehwta awkward to your other billionaire buddies, then the nest year its paybacks. Meanwhile its the people they are using as pawns that are taking the punishment.

At this point I loathe Geoffy more than Burningbin.

Actually Scratch that. I am now a KK hater. If he doesn't score that OT goal, we get rid of MB, Dum Dum and finally rebuild the team, maybe even get a president. Stupid playoff run and we have the same coach and GM. Total clown show at this point. I am looking forward to my garage time and maybe not NHL.com.

Not sure if it was you asking about my wood burning stove. Its legal in SW Ontario as far as I know but we had a hell of a time getting house insurance because of it.

Reactions: dinodebino

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
I don’t care what anyone says I’m not happy about giving up a first in the upcoming draft.

That being said Dvorak is definitely an upgrade on current Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Bacchus1

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Something the fan club of MB would need to explain to me is if you don't believe in JK (because if you do believe in him you match 100%) then WTF you don't trade him at the end of the season and sign Danault as your 2nd line center. MB is lost imo he doesn't know where he is heading.

Well, if you believe the rumours, he was trying to trade him in a package for Eichel. MB doesn't believe in KK's ability to provide 2nd line offense in 2021-2022, and maybe beyond as well.

He's been looking to upgrade on him this summer for sure.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
or

If the Carolina or Montreal Pick ends up being a 8th overall then we, the Canadiens make that selection.

But honestly, if you have Montreal as picking 27 then we essentially made the Conference finals, that's a good thing

Wrong.... Arizona take the best draft pick out of the two. (top 10 protected).

That mean if Montreal draft pick is #12 and Carolina # 27. Arizona get our #12 pick and we end up with Carolina #27 picks.....

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah... 2 ways street my man.

2 weeks ago KK was the centerpiece of HFHabs' package to land Eichel, today we're lucky to have turned that bum into Dvorak.

I said ''for some here'' dont know if your part of the ''whatever MB does it must be crap'' club and i dont really care but like i said......for some doesn't matter what MB does they will always try to turn it to negative

As for me i posted before that i wished we would match and i still think kk will become a very good player, doesn't prevent me to say that MB made a good move with Dvorak

Reactions: jaffy27

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Typical Habs HFBoards Dvorak is trash reaction while having no clue about the player
You are right, those who bash all the time have no clue about the player, as long as Bergevin pick a player, he sucks. Same exact thing last year with Allen, Anderson, Toffoli and Edmundston. Pathetic. By chance I can talk about hockey with posters, there is still is some intelligent posters here.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

That mean if Montreal draft pick is #12 and Carolina # 27. Arizona get our #12 pick and we end up with Carolina #27 picks.....
oh I know....but if Carolina or Montreal drop to a 8th overall pick then we make the 8th pick.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You are rewriting history here, and who the f*** start a 18 years old kid in the NHL if he think the kid will only hit his stride 7 year later. :huh:
MB stated public a few times they expect KK to hit his stride at 24/25

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
No mention about Opposition?

And I mean Pitlick and Crouse is nothing to gloat about when trying to make a point...
Like I said, Dvorak failed to drive possession with easier opposition then Pitlick. If you think Pitlick is trash? then it further supports my point.

The guy Pitlick faced the toughest of opposition and still drove possession.

When paired with Keller, Dvorak failed to take the next step offensively. They gave him chances. Why didn’t he breakout? I’ve been reading predictions of up to 60+ next year because now he will have a chance or now he will have better teammates or better coach…

I am not saying he is bad and my initial message about 2nd line centre having a hard time cracking 40 pts was on the sarcastic side.

With that said, isn’t it delusional to think he will be better then Danault defensively and offensively (so far worse at both)? And, at 25 years of age you normally don’t have that much time left to breakout.

But to get back to your message, you assumed I didn’t know what role he had and you assumed a bunch of other stuff too. Are you also assuming Dvorak will be better then he really is?

II did not make a reference to Crouse, not sure why you want to bring him up.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You are right, those who bash all the time have no clue about the player, as long as Bergevin pick a player, he sucks. Same exact thing last year with Allen, Anderson, Toffoli and Edmundston. Pathetic. By chance I can talk about hockey with posters, there is still is some intelligent posters here.
They got one right with Alzner and they keep gloating about it till today!!!

But I mean when you always expect the worst outcome you'll eventually get it right! :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well, if you believe the rumours, he was trying to trade him in a package for Eichel. MB doesn't believe in KK's ability to provide 2nd line offense in 2021-2022, and maybe beyond as well.

He's been looking to upgrade on him this summer for sure.

Then he should not have traded for Dvorak and should have kept looking.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

But anything 10 and up its mtl pick correct?

Reactions: rahad

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dvorak is 3yrs younger
1m$ cheaper
17 goals vs 5 for Danault

its's a no brainer to me, we are offensively better then last year easily

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
or

He has Carolina at pick #27. It's amazing to me how many people have Carolina as a guaranteed playoff team & a top 4 playoff team.

They're in the toughest division in hockey with 7 out of 8 teams having legit playoff aspirations. And Columbus isn't going to be a pushover this year.

They're relying on Andersen, who absolutely sucked in Toronto, and Ranta, who's always injured, as their goalies.

After their top pair of Slavin - Pesce, their D is Skjei, Bear, Cole, Gardiner & DeAngelo. Yeah ... that's not good.

They have some great forwards in Aho, Teravainen & Svechnikov, but all 3 and their top D are probably going to China mid-season to play in the Olympics. Add in an 82 game season, Olympic travel/games, a few key injuries and they could definitely be out.

Metro will be an absolute dog fight.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Then he should not have traded for Dvorak and should have kept looking.
Camp starts in like 3 weeks......and if he keeps looking and finds nothing, then what?

Habs are in win mode, not reset or rebuild, that train has come and gone.

we signed Hoffman, Savard and traded for Dvorak, it's pretty obvious we going for it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad