Confirmed with Link: Canadiens trade for Christian Dvorak for Cond. '22 1st (best but top 10 protected) + '24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
ilyd8Qf.jpg
Oh, how quickly things change.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So you wanted him to trade both 1st rd picks fir next year at some point in this season and have neither fir the upcoming home draft which is deep?
You just have to check some of his trade suggestions in the trade thread to understand how much better he thinks he could do than the worst GM in the history of the world Bergevin.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Damm it, gave away my Dvorak signed stick from time with Knights to a buddy's kid. (I'm just not a collector n the kid loves the Knights)
He probly used it in a street jockey game lol.
Glad he is a Hab, loved his game in London.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I was in your guy’s forum yesterday trying to provide you some hope if it actually happened. Now that it has, I’m not changing my tune. You guys are gonna love the player, and I’m pumped for you guys. I know most of our neighbors up north don’t like us even having a hockey team but wish us some good luck if you can, we’re going through it.
You're team is going to be bloody dangerous in 3-4 years. Keep up the good work on the rebuild.

What's your opinion of Dvorak? 2C? Points total screams 3C so far.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Same group as last year but replace injured/ ineffective/ garbage Weber for Savard and Romanov 1 yr better?
Can you tell us what you felt of Webers game last reg season. I'm sure there is lots of posts from ya.
So I'm guessing you gotta figure group is better than last year?

the group was bad last year... we limped into the playoffs thanks to a really hot start to the season...

Weber wasn't great last year, but was still considerably better than Savard at both ends of the ice. Net downgrade... i'm surprised that's even a question.

Certainly hope Romanov makes a big jump this year. That would be great. And... if he doesn't, will you be in the same crowd as the big JKO critics who couldn't separate their overinflated emotional expectations from "hoping" he'd just be better than his strong bubble playoff performance instead of accepting the reality that young players tend to make uneven progress in their early 20's?

Romanov could do great and cement himself as the top-3 D we desperately need for this defense not to be a big liability... and... he may very well have a season similar or even worse than last year. That won't remove his potential, even though we can be sure some of the usual suspects will start complaining about him as no better than a 3rd pairing dman for life.

This group, on paper, is clearly worse than last year. Could romanov (or wideman... or norlinder...) surprise and make it better? I'm sure we all hope so.

Treading on hope is all that's left when management is incapable of addressing core roster needs

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You're team is going to be bloody dangerous in 3-4 years. Keep up the good work on the rebuild.

Dvorak's point total points scream 3C but KK's point total screams future star?

Reactions: dralaf

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I’m gonna leave y’all with one thing:

Dude is emotionless. Like a serial killer. Please remember this when he scores his first goal for y’all. He’s a robot - in the best sense of the term.

So you're saying he should play with Drouin? lol

Damm it, gave away my Dvorak signed stick from time with Knights to a buddy's kid. (I'm just not a collector n the kid loves the Knights)
He probly used it in a street jockey game lol.
Glad he is a Hab, loved his game in London.

You know what to do, bro: buy a Dvorak Habs jersey.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

points are indicative of him being buried in the lineup by Tocchet. He is so much more than a 3rd line center. He is Danault defensively with so much more offensive potential

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I’m gonna leave y’all with one thing:

Dude is emotionless. Like a serial killer. Please remember this when he scores his first goal for y’all. He’s a robot - in the best sense of the term.
Hey you're welcomed in our GDT anytime !

Reactions: RABBIT

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I honestly can’t believe Bergevin made out as well as he did in this trade, because you’d think the Arizona GM had him over a barrel. He put himself into an awful position but he made the best of it… it’s like watching some strange combination of Rain Man and Forrest Gump run a hockey team. Almost no vision, no ability to read public opinion (especially when he should), but consistently manages to make good trades and stay employed. He keeps failing his way into mild forms of success, it’s quite interesting.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No. Dvorak's point totals scream 3C and KK's point totals scream 3C as well. The difference is in age and potential where KK is 4 years younger with room to grow.
An what is the production of the third center in today's NHL in your opinion?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
the group was bad last year... we limped into the playoffs thanks to a really hot start to the season...

Weber wasn't great last year, but was still considerably better than Savard at both ends of the ice. Net downgrade... i'm surprised that's even a question.

Certainly hope Romanov makes a big jump this year. That would be great. And... if he doesn't, will you be in the same crowd as the big JKO critics who couldn't separate their overinflated emotional expectations from "hoping" he'd just be better than his strong bubble playoff performance instead of accepting the reality that young players tend to make uneven progress in their early 20's?

Romanov could do great and cement himself as the top-3 D we desperately need for this defense not to be a big liability... and... he may very well have a season similar or even worse than last year. That won't remove his potential, even though we can be sure some of the usual suspects will start complaining about him as no better than a 3rd pairing dman for life.

This group, on paper, is clearly worse than last year. Could romanov (or wideman... or norlinder...) surprise and make it better? I'm sure we all hope so.

Treading on hope is all that's left when management is incapable of addressing core roster needs

Got it. You said Weber wasn't good last year n Savard is worse than bad Weber at both ends of ice. If I'm bored tomorrow I'll look up your posts. Did you hammer on Weber last year?

You asked me 1 question and I'll answer it. If Romanov doesn't take a big jump No it won't bother me. Bit I think he will clean up so.e of his D game No idea why ya went on about JKO critics n whatever for a paragraph. I actually was pro KK.
Core roster needs and being incapable? No one makes a SC finals without some quality core pieces. Some are actually still playimg this year for the Habs. And some are being developed just fine. You should enjoy some of that. It's good for the soul ;)

Reactions: Locks

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think he'll hit 60 points if he plays in anything other than a pure shutdown role, even then he'll hit 50. I hate this trade so much for the yotes. You guys will love Dvo, he's full RoboCop, he'll score a nasty gwg and show the most miniscule smirk you've ever seen as his only reaction. Ice water cold blooded robot serial killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad