Confirmed with Link: Canadiens trade for Christian Dvorak for Cond. '22 1st (best but top 10 protected) + '24 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He has Carolina at pick #27. It's amazing to me how many people have Carolina as a guaranteed playoff team & a top 4 playoff team.

They're in the toughest division in hockey with 7 out of 8 teams having legit playoff aspirations. And Columbus isn't going to be a pushover this year.

They're relying on Andersen, who absolutely sucked in Toronto, and Ranta, who's always injured, as their goalies.

After their top pair of Slavin - Pesce, their D is Skjei, Bear, Cole, Gardiner & DeAngelo. Yeah ... that's not good.

They have some great forwards in Aho, Teravainen & Svechnikov, but all 3 and their top D are probably going to China mid-season to play in the Olympics. Add in an 82 game season, Olympic travel/games, a few key injuries and they could definitely be out.

Metro will be an absolute dog fight.

Whoever stays healthy in metro...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
MB stated public a few times they expect KK to hit his stride at 24/25

Definitely not before this year. And if he actually said it before that point and I somehow missed it, then that's not very smart of him to rush the kid to the NHL all the while predicting that kind of development curve early on. It's a "wow, he can't be that dumb" moment here.

Reactions: Miller Time

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Said Mad Max.

To quote Hobbes,

“Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men live without other security, than what their own strength, and their own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.”

In short, when every man cares only for themselves, and not for their tribe, one cannot claim the benefits of the tribe.

KK better step up his game and fly on his own, because MTL will no longer protect him, and if he doesn’t show Carolina the money, neither will they.

Not a fan of hobbes or his beliefs. You are misinterpreting his writing.

Hobbes, influenced by contemporary scientific ideas, had intended for his political theory to be a quasi-geometrical system, in which the conclusions followed inevitably from the premises.[12] The main practical conclusion of Hobbes's political theory is that state or society cannot be secure unless at the disposal of an absolute sovereign. From this follows the view that no individual can hold rights of property against the sovereign, and that the sovereign may therefore take the goods of its subjects without their consent. This particular view owes its significance to it being first developed in the 1630s when Charles I had sought to raise revenues without the consent of Parliament, and therefore of his subjects

I am a lot more about workers self determination. Seems smart to be your own boss and not need to bow and scrape to someone gifted their position and authority from an accident of birth.

So as long as you have a boss you may take everything from me and I have no say in the matter. Well KK is doing what he can so that he won't have to worry about future needs. Then he can do what he likes at his leisure because his needs have been met. No need to have a whip cracked above your head to cajoule you to do something, you do it because you love it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He has Carolina at pick #27. It's amazing to me how many people have Carolina as a guaranteed playoff team & a top 4 playoff team.

They're in the toughest division in hockey with 7 out of 8 teams having legit playoff aspirations. And Columbus isn't going to be a pushover this year.

They're relying on Andersen, who absolutely sucked in Toronto, and Ranta, who's always injured, as their goalies.

After their top pair of Slavin - Pesce, their D is Skjei, Bear, Cole, Gardiner & DeAngelo. Yeah ... that's not good.

They have some great forwards in Aho, Teravainen & Svechnikov, but all 3 and their top D are probably going to China mid-season to play in the Olympics. Add in an 82 game season, Olympic travel/games, a few key injuries and they could definitely be out.

excellent points......Carolina's back end don't look too hot, and that goalie is god awful.....here's hoping they shit the bed and we pick top 6-7

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Not a fan of hobbes or his beliefs. You are misinterpreting his writing.

Hobbes, influenced by contemporary scientific ideas, had intended for his political theory to be a quasi-geometrical system, in which the conclusions followed inevitably from the premises.[12] The main practical conclusion of Hobbes's political theory is that state or society cannot be secure unless at the disposal of an absolute sovereign. From this follows the view that no individual can hold rights of property against the sovereign, and that the sovereign may therefore take the goods of its subjects without their consent. This particular view owes its significance to it being first developed in the 1630s when Charles I had sought to raise revenues without the consent of Parliament, and therefore of his subjects

I am a lot more about workers self determination. Seems smart to be your own boss and not need to bow and scrape to someone gifted their position and authority from an accident of birth.

So as long as you have a boss you may take everything from me and I have no say in the matter. Well KK is doing what he can so that he won't have to worry about future needs. Then he can do what he likes at his leisure because his needs have been met. No need to have a whip cracked above your head to cajoule you to do something, you do it because you love it.

Please define a “quasi-geometrical system” for practical purposes of a human in society.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Definitely not before this year. And if he actually said it before that point and I somehow missed it, then that's not very smart of him to rush the kid to the NHL all the while predicting that kind of development curve early on. It's a "wow, he can't be that dumb" moment here.
He’s been saying it for close to 3-years, but I completely agree as I stated before KK shoul not have been in the NHL at 18, 19 maybe even 20.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Probably because they are likely to hit a lot of OT and are well built for a playoff run.
They also just need to be top 5 to make the post season with wild card spot. Meaning habs will need to be top 3 in our division. Not likely at this point. I see no way for the habs to be better than the Canes, Toronto, Florida, or even the bruins despite a tough summer. Ottawa is looking strong, leaving us sitting just ahead of detroit and buffalo. At best we give them a 11-16 pick and we get close to it if the canes crap the bed and miss the playoffs, unlikely IMO.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Camp starts in like 3 weeks......and if he keeps looking and finds nothing, then what?

Habs are in win mode, not reset or rebuild, that train has come and gone.

we signed Hoffman, Savard and traded for Dvorak, it's pretty obvious we going for it again
I'm not 100% sure but it looks good. And we are not in the Metro division.

Reactions: jaffy27

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Probably because they are likely to hit a lot of OT and are well built for a playoff run.
They also just need to be top 5 to make the post season with wild card spot. Meaning habs will need to be top 3 in our division. Not likely at this point. I see no way for the habs to be better than the Canes, Toronto, Florida, or even the bruins despite a tough summer. Ottawa is looking strong, leaving us sitting just ahead of detroit and buffalo. At best we give them a 11-16 pick and we get close to it if the canes crap the bed and miss the playoffs, unlikely IMO.
Are you predicting that the Hurricane’s will play a lot of OT?

you are also predicting that they will be one of the two wild card spots, leaving nothing for the Habs division?

All hail Nostradamus!

Those are some pretty specific claims.

I predict you will likely be wrong.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Camp starts in like 3 weeks......and if he keeps looking and finds nothing, then what?

we signed Hoffman, Savard and traded for Dvorak, it's pretty obvious we going for it again

Petry
Chiarot
Edmundson
Savard
Romanov
Wideman
Kulak

any team/GM that believes a d group like that is a good bet to support making the playoffs, let alone a deep playoff run, is either incredibly incompetent or flat-out lying.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'll probably be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing Habs sign Bozak to either a 1-year deal or on a PTO (to see if he can earn a contract). A veteran center who can play in the bottom-6. Like Dvorak, he's real good in the face-off dot, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a center line of Suzuki, Dvorak, Bozak, and Evans. With guys like Paquette, Perreault, and Poehling as options, as well.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

at this point, has he not shown us beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes, yes he can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad