Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They aren't battling for anything here it has already been decided they will win.

Oh gosh it is tiresome having you continuously come in here and post this nonsense. It's a completely unfounded thought and you don't really seem to be watching the games anyways. This season has not been in a 'walk int he park' for Forge.

Reactions: sabremike

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oh gosh it is tiresome having you continuously come in here and post this nonsense. It's a completely unfounded thought and you don't really seem to be watching the games anyways. This season has not been in a 'walk int he park' for Forge.

Of course it hasn't been a walk in the park they aren't a very good team. The league can only do so much to fix the games for them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Of course it hasn't been a walk in the park they aren't a very good team. The league can only do so much to fix the games for them.

Well they have clearly been on par with Cavalry, maybe slightly worse over the course of the season. Saying they are not a good team comment that shows ignorance.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well they have clearly been on par with Cavalry, maybe slightly worse over the course of the season. Saying they are not a good team comment that shows ignorance.

How have they clearly been on par? Finished behind them in both halves of the season with insane reffing helping them win games and trying to stop Calgary from winning. Also didn't go as far in the Voyageurs Cup or whatever it is called despite being given a bye to help them along.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How have they clearly been on par? Finished behind them in both halves of the season with insane reffing helping them win games and trying to stop Calgary from winning. Also didn't go as far in the Voyageurs Cup or whatever it is called despite being given a bye to help them along.

Well the they finished one point back in the fall season, these two teams have never had a game decided by more than a goal. Forge while not having the same success in the Voyageurs Cup, won against Antigua in CONCACAF League play and stole a game against Olimpia whom have had amazing success over the last decade or so both domestically and in the CONCACAF League!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Borges is proving he is the best player in the league, so much talent at his feet.

My guess is he gets player of the year and U-21 player of the year as well!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
LOL that was a terrible yellow on Novak there....Ref doesn't see it and gives a yellow when it was clearly the follow through hitting him...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They are already building a salt mine in Calgary over how that ended, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah the ref you suck chants throughout the stadium was a poor look to go out on.

IMO that was not a penalty, It would have been a harsh call considering they went in at the same time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Fitting end to one of the most pathetic “sports” seasons in NA history.

Vince McMahon couldn’t have planned it better.

I would laugh at Forge fans celebrating their “win” but they showed the kind of people they are when they supported racism so it’s no surprise they think winning a fixed league is a big deal.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fitting end to one of the most pathetic “sports” seasons in NA history.

Vince McMahon couldn’t have planned it better.

I would laugh at Forge fans celebrating their “win” but they showed the kind of people they are when they supported racism so it’s no surprise they think winning a fixed league is a big deal.

Pathetic eh? This season was a major success for soccer in Canada which is the whole purpose of it's existence. Not even looking at the finals and the calls/non calls or what ever it is, this was a great step forward.

I don't get giving hate to Forge fans, the Barton Street Battalion have always said they want to be a welcoming environment and that they will not stand for racism. We proved that belief when Reynders was charged with the racist accusations. Fans sent letters to the club asking for his dismissal from the moment that incident happened.

Your anti-Forge rhetoric has been wrong time and time again. Appreciate the fact that Canada has a pro-League that found success and leave it at that.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Appreciate the fact that Canada has a pro-League that found success and leave it at that.

When it happens I will be excited for it.

I understand some people like WWE even though the results are decided before the matches but that isn’t sport.

I would love to see a Canadian Soccer leagues are decided on the field not the boardroom.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
When it happens I will be excited for it.

I understand some people like WWE even though the results are decided before the matches but that isn’t sport.

I would love to see a Canadian Soccer leagues are decided on the field not the boardroom.

I'm just going to pin this on you being a salty Calgary fan cause it's obvious you don't actually want have a conversation and have not actually watched games week in and out throughout this season.

If you were a true Canadian Soccer fan you would look at this year in far more positive terms.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm just going to pin this on you being a salty Calgary fan cause it's obvious you don't actually want have a conversation and have not actually watched games week in and out throughout this season.

If you were a true Canadian Soccer fan you would look at this year in far more positive terms.

I am actually not a Calvary fan. I have never been to one of their games and never will go. I was one of the first people to buy a membership but declined to purchase tickets when it became clear that the league had some problems, I did not realize how bad it would turn out to be.

The fact that I am a Canadian Soccer fan is why seeing this corrupt league that is just a Bob Young vanity project pisses me off so much.

The league had potential to be really great but instead they made mistake after mistake with the biggest one deciding that they wanted to prop up Forge with phony results so it could be the showpiece of the league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I am actually not a Calvary fan. I have never been to one of their games and never will go. I was one of the first people to buy a membership but declined to purchase tickets when it became clear that the league had some problems, I did not realize how bad it would turn out to be.

The fact that I am a Canadian Soccer fan is why seeing this corrupt league that is just a Bob Young vanity project pisses me off so much.

The league had potential to be really great but instead they made mistake after mistake with the biggest one deciding that they wanted to prop up Forge with phony results so it could be the showpiece of the league.

Thankfully that is not the sentiment held by most of the leagues of the fan. It's unfortunate you have such a pessimistic mindset. There was amazing growth for many young Canadian players.

I would however love some enlightenment on all of the phony results that went in Forge's favour.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Thankfully that is not the sentiment held by most of the leagues of the fan. It's unfortunate you have such a pessimistic mindset. There was amazing growth for many young Canadian players.

I would however love some enlightenment on all of the phony results that went in Forge's favour.

Take a look at the two most recent games they played for a start.

Edit:

As for positive thoughts that may be the case in Hamilton where they were the benefit of league gifting them undeserved results but not the sentiment from many soccer fans I have talked to.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Take a look at the two most recent games they played for a start.

The first one they dominated and were sent down to 10 men when they ultimately should not have. Today they played a great defensive game and kept Cavalry to few real chances.

The calls today were all over the place but they went both ways.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The first one they dominated and were sent down to 10 men when they ultimately should not have. Today they played a great defensive game and kept Cavalry to few real chances.

The calls today were all over the place but they went both ways.

We can go back and forth all day on the deserved red card to that POS Borges but Hamilton did not deserve to score a goal on a ball that was clearly out of bounds.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We can go back and forth all day on the deserved red card to that POS Borges but Hamilton did not deserve to score a goal on a ball that was clearly out of bounds.

Fair enough on the Borges front.

I have not looked closely enough on the Nanco spin there, so I cannot speak to it being out of bounds at that point. Forge still dominated that game, it was there best of the year. I believe they end with the same fate regardless.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Fair enough on the Borges front.

I have not looked closely enough on the Nanco spin there, so I cannot speak to it being out of bounds at that point. Forge still dominated that game, it was there best of the year. I believe they end with the same fate regardless.
The team that was clearly better over 180 minutes won, everything else is just piss and wind.

Also: if we are supposed to believe the league was in fact rigged like the old East German league then how the hell did Forge not win either of the split season? They must be to rigging soccer leagues what Quebec seperatists are to independence movements (AKA just about the only seperatist movement of the 20th century besides the Basques not to achieve independence).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad