Canadian Soccer Part III

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kamron Habibullah will be one to keep an eye on here; Simon Colyn would have been too but he's out with injury.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well there is a lot to unpack from that first leg today, going to watch the game again in the morning. Calgary are extremely fortunate to be going home only down one. Forge had 18 shots, 3 cross bars, and a missed penalty (amazing save by Carducci).

Unfortunate that Borges is going to miss the next game off of what was 100% not a red card... absolutely terrible showing of diving. Changed the game completely too as Forge was pressing for a second before joining Calgary at 10 men.

League hype video:
Highlights:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
As expected the reffing did all it could to help out Forge.

Im really not sure what the point of having these games, although I guess they get revenue from the rubes they suckered into paying to watch this crap, if they already decided to give the “win” to Forge.

The league had potential but the way it is run has shown what sham it actually is.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
As expected the reffing did all it could to help out Forge.

Im really not sure what the point of having these games, although I guess they get revenue from the rubes they suckered into paying to watch this crap, if they already decided to give the “win” to Forge.

The league had potential but the way it is run has shown what sham it actually is.
Why come here to post nonsense crap?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Well there is a lot to unpack from that first leg today, going to watch the game again in the morning. Calgary are extremely fortunate to be going home only down one. Forge had 18 shots, 3 cross bars, and a missed penalty (amazing save by Carducci).

Unfortunate that Borges is going to miss the next game off of what was 100% not a red card... absolutely terrible showing of diving. Changed the game completely too as Forge was pressing for a second before joining Calgary at 10 men.

League hype video:
Highlights:

Excellent call on the first red card.

I'm not sure about the other red card, he could have given it for the very dangerous way in which he went high for the tackle. Seems like a "make up" call somewhat though. We could judge better with another camera angle.

So many missed chances.

Attendance number?

The field looks TERRIBLE. It hurts the quality of play also. Dangerous and the ball bounces crazily.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Excellent call on the first red card.

I'm not sure about the other red card, he could have given it for the very dangerous way in which he went high for the tackle. Seems like a "make up" call somewhat though. We could judge better with another camera angle.

So many missed chances.

Attendance number?

The field looks TERRIBLE. It hurts the quality of play also. Dangerous and the ball bounces crazily.
10.5k. The field is terrible because it is Football turf and it definitely is an issue. Have lots more thoughts from being at the game but after spending 12+ hours on a bus and train home I'm way too tired right now.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So explain your point with some logic and arguments please then.

Since the start of the league everything has been set up to give Forge every advantage that they could. From the byes, gifting of spots in competitions, terrible biased announcers and most importantly reffing.

When it looked like Cavalry would win both the Spring and Fall sections of the season making the two game final a little meaningless the league came out with unbelievably horsecrap officiating against Calvary in its final games to try and give Forge that Fall season "title." Unfortunately that wasn't enough.

In the game yesterday the calls were awful and all in favor of Forge. The first red was an absolute joke but gave the Forge the only chance they had at scoring by taking Cavalry down to 10 men. They then needed a clearly out of bounds ball to be allowed to play on to score that goal.

I know that Bob Young is a super rich guy so its probably hard to tell him no when these guys are starting up the league and he has so much power, but when things constantly go against one team, that has repeatedly shown it is head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and it favor of another team it is hard to see it being anything other than clear interference. When the announcers are basically cheerleaders for the one team it is easy to see what their marching orders are. You would think that one time that something would go against Forge or in Cavalry's favor but nope every single time it is decisions to benefit Forge while trying to bring down Cavalry. Unfortunately for the losers that run the league they didn't count on Cavalry being good enough to overcome it and Forge being a bunch of losers that can't take advantage of a fixed league.

Also forgot about the racist that the league and Hamilton covered for. That shows the class of Forge and the CPL that they made sure he didn't have any real consequences for his racist comments.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Do you know the rules of the games because the first red card is a textbook red card. Denying an obvious goal scoring chance with a intentional handball, can't be more clear than that.

The red card to Forge was the one that seemed like a borderline call.

The rest I won't get into. You're over thinking way too much.

The same Bob Young must not have much power in the CFL though because Hamilton has what 1 Grey Cup in over 30 years?

Reactions: sabremike

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Do you know the rules of the games because the first red card is a textbook red card. Denying an obvious goal scoring chance with a intentional handball, can't be more clear than that.

The red card to Forge was the one that seemed like a borderline call.

The rest I won't get into. You're over thinking way too much.

The same Bob Young must not have much power in the CFL though because Hamilton has what 1 Grey Cup in over 30 years?

I do know the rules thanks and the first red was a joke. The second red was more on the player but I wouldn't have been that angry if it wasn't called. I don't think Borges (or whatever the POS is called) can complain though.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Why was it a joke?

Denying an obvious goal scoring chance with an intentional handball= red card every time. You have issues.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Since the start of the league everything has been set up to give Forge every advantage that they could. From the byes, gifting of spots in competitions, terrible biased announcers and most importantly reffing.

When it looked like Cavalry would win both the Spring and Fall sections of the season making the two game final a little meaningless the league came out with unbelievably horsecrap officiating against Calvary in its final games to try and give Forge that Fall season "title." Unfortunately that wasn't enough.

In the game yesterday the calls were awful and all in favor of Forge. The first red was an absolute joke but gave the Forge the only chance they had at scoring by taking Cavalry down to 10 men. They then needed a clearly out of bounds ball to be allowed to play on to score that goal.

I know that Bob Young is a super rich guy so its probably hard to tell him no when these guys are starting up the league and he has so much power, but when things constantly go against one team, that has repeatedly shown it is head and shoulders above the rest of the league, and it favor of another team it is hard to see it being anything other than clear interference. When the announcers are basically cheerleaders for the one team it is easy to see what their marching orders are. You would think that one time that something would go against Forge or in Cavalry's favor but nope every single time it is decisions to benefit Forge while trying to bring down Cavalry. Unfortunately for the losers that run the league they didn't count on Cavalry being good enough to overcome it and Forge being a bunch of losers that can't take advantage of a fixed league.

Also forgot about the racist that the league and Hamilton covered for. That shows the class of Forge and the CPL that they made sure he didn't have any real consequences for his racist comments.
I can just envision you standing outside the stadium with a sign reading "The CPL was an inside job" while ranting and raving at passers by about a grand conspiracy.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You know your point is well founded when you’re claiming biased announcers are part of a conspiracy to help a team win as if announcers have any remote impact on the game.

The announcers was brought up to show that the league has a bias towards Forge and that the announcers either realize this and do what their bosses want or were flat out told to pump up Forge so fans don't realize what a joke they are.

It was also one of many examples but keep ignore all the legitimate on field concerns and cheer for your racist band of losers.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The announcers was brought up to show that the league has a bias towards Forge and that the announcers either realize this and do what their bosses want or were flat out told to pump up Forge so fans don't realize what a joke they are.

It was also one of many examples but keep ignore all the legitimate on field concerns and cheer for your racist band of losers.

I’ve literally never watched a single second of CPL football and I don’t even know what team you’re talking about, so yea I don’t care about any team.

That doesn’t change the fact that you sound like a 9/11 truther screaming outside of a Denny’s about how the truth is being suppressed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I’ve literally never watched a single second of CPL football and I don’t even know what team you’re talking about, so yea I don’t care about any team.

That doesn’t change the fact that you sound like a 9/11 truther screaming outside of a Denny’s about how the truth is being suppressed.

Sorry must have seen the poster above and thought that was you.

It really isn't a conspiracy theory and pretty obvious if you watch the league. There is no denying that Forge was handed a bye in the Voyageurs Cup, or whatever stupid name that competition has and were handed a spot in CONCACAF League when better teams were kept out.

The reffing issues are also undeniable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad