Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
WILLY NYLANDER! Super clutch! Leafs best playoff player. Makes Marner look like Tyler Bozak.

Nylander is a true SNIPER.

_3f363922-ecee-4478-abda-189bc87d0fab.jpeg

Joseph "THE BRICK" Woll

_c4e22055-f07b-4342-9ad9-f8fc1f4f8316.jpeg

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I haven't seen him mentioned yet... I thought Rielly looked very good. He seemed to be constantly knocking guys off the puck/making things difficult on attempted zone entries.
Quietly picked up two points while being a defensive rock. Man is a stud every playoffs

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
What a boring ass thread title and OP

CAN WE GET SOME EXCITEMENT

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Great win obviously. Domi, Nylander, Woll, d core was excellent.

Where was Tavares, my goodness he was invisible again. Reilly also needs to chill out on the pinching, he has been lucky to not get burned.

Rielly pinches way too much. He thinks he's Makar out there but he has no offensive ability.

Nylander tries to enter the zone on the PP and Rielly is offside. What the heck is the defencemen doing being the first guy into the zone?

If Rielly was actually dangerous offensively like Makar, then there's a risk-reward discussion to be had - but it's not worth having a forward playing defence for the 1/100 times it works for Rielly.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Rielly pinches way too much. He thinks he's Makar out there but he has no offensive ability.

Nylander tries to enter the zone on the PP and Rielly is offside. What the heck is the defencemen doing being the first guy into the zone?

If Rielly was actually dangerous offensively like Makar, then there's a risk-reward discussion to be had - but it's not worth having a forward playing defence for the 1/100 times it works for Rielly.
Hit the nail on the head he's a rover and his only elite skill is skating

Last edited:

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

Thank you! I hate trashing Rielly consistently but his inclination to try to make something happen offensively is bordering on delusion at this point. It's a much higher probability of something good happening without him pinching or shooting from the point. Stop trying to force it and just do something else. It would also be great if he wasn't on the powerplay

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Benoit with the big hit on McAvoy killed all their 6 on 5 momentum
Better than that was the look on his face when Nylanders shot went in off of him:laugh:
This team is seriously so much better when they're actually playing as a team instead of force feeding Matthews like they've been doing for most of 2024
It cost them more than a few "W's" over the last 15 games and the first few games of this series.
Marner hasn’t showed up at all, ever since alpha dog nylander came back and marked his territory on the bench.

Let’s go huge win, hate Boston. Knies and Will such beauties.
Your username is meant ironically I guess?
happy retirement jack edwards!
You forgot "you big loser" in front of Jack and "you steaming pile of bovine excrement spewer" after Edwards!

I guess ol jack will probably get a nice job doing weather at Fox Boston, he's already shown a high degree and aptitude for preverification delivery.

Damn I like Woll.
Take the team far and end up out #1 next year for $766,667.
Sammy can be moved for space.
I'm sure you meant "to space.'

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The NHL has already announced Game 1 against Florida starts Monday knowing Game 7 is Saturday. Both teams would have to travel.

Additionally, the Florida Panthers will host the winner of the series between the Boston Bruins and Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday. Game 7 between the Bruins and Maple Leafs will take place on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT on Sportsnet and Sportsnet+.

Unreal. They wouldn't even give the teams an extra day to travel between series. I bet they wanted to make them play Game 1 against Florida on the Sunday after Game 7.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This team is seriously so much better when they're actually playing as a team instead of force feeding Matthews like they've been doing for most of 2024

Probably the most underrated post of this thread.

Matthews is gone and all of a sudden every line is defensively focused and playing offence in the appropriate times, not zeroing every play around getting the puck to one player.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Leafs survive. Now let’s go into Boston and win game 7

Sad to see woll losing his shutout, no doubt he would have loved to have it, but I bet he’s much more happier with the win anyway, like all of us in Leafs Nation.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Knies has been clutch as hell so far in his career. Losing him vs Florida last year hurt a lot, and it showed

The NHL is bush league...how could plays like Bennett tackling Knies and McAvoy tackling Matthews go without suspensions? Those aren't hockey plays.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Probably the most underrated post of this thread.

Matthews is gone and all of a sudden every line is defensively focused and playing offence in the appropriate times, not zeroing every play around getting the puck to one player.

I also hated when the lines Matthews isn’t on kept trying to pass the puck to the bench

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and Mitchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad