Canadian Soccer Part III

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Ok so there's no extra time before penalties, stupid idea, but do away goals count?

Cavalry wins 2-1=?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ok so there's no extra time before penalties, stupid idea, but do away goals count?

Cavalry wins 2-1=?

The away goals rule is in affect for the finals. It is extremely dumb to not have extra time imo, Canada Soccer needs to work on that for finals. Same thing with the Voyageurs cup.

Just extremely anti-climatic going straight to pks imo.

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The U-17 have struggled these first 25 minutes. Finally started getting things moving with the passing game now and Nelson just ha a great free kick effort.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Russel-Rowe pulls one back and Canada looks to be dominating. Would be huge for them to get a win here given Angola already beat New Zealand.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Progress made in expansion to Quebec apparently an announcement could be coming soon.

Also the CPL draft is set for

The Commish himself told me this and another BC team are on the table right now on Saturday in the Stipley Alley before the match.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Now that the Borges card situation is sorted out I'm left slightly frustrated it happened in the first place. He was sent off at a time when Forge was dominant and pushing for more, that card totally stopped the momentum and it should have never happened.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
What a shock!!!

Who could have seen that another BS decision would go in favor of Forge.

If you watch that play and come to the conclusion that it is a red card there is some kind of anti-Forge in you.

It was a yellow for sure but no where near a straight red.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If you watch that play and come to the conclusion that it is a red card there is some kind of anti-Forge in you.

It was a yellow for sure but no where near a straight red.

If they hadn't called it red I wouldn't have been up in arms but I also don't think there was enough there to overturn it. I also have less sympathy for him because it was such a stupid thing to do rather than him being aggressive in a tackle or something like that where at least a soccer play is being attempted.

I would say there have been a ton of much worse calls that were not overturned and overturning reds seems to be a very rare thing.

Like I said though not surprising based on how this league has conducted itself so far. This was never meant to be a competitive league decided on the field it was always meant to be a way for Bob Young to get some meaningless trophies and he is mostly there now he just has to "play" out the last game and let the league hand him a "title."

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If they hadn't called it red I wouldn't have been up in arms but I also don't think there was enough there to overturn it. I also have less sympathy for him because it was such a stupid thing to do rather than him being aggressive in a tackle or something like that where at least a soccer play is being attempted.

I would say there have been a ton of much worse calls that were not overturned and overturning reds seems to be a very rare thing.

Like I said though not surprising based on how this league has conducted itself so far. This was never meant to be a competitive league decided on the field it was always meant to be a way for Bob Young to get some meaningless trophies and he is mostly there now he just has to "play" out the last game and let the league hand him a "title."

There was clearly enough to over turn it..since they did...

During the incident Wheeldon stays on top of Borges for longer than he should have and then grasps his face after not being touched in the face and rolls around on the ground. A yellow for Borges for the attempted kick would have been fair.

I take it you don't watch much of the CPL or at least Forge as they have been on the end of many questionable class/ late PK's against such as one in Hamilton against Cavalry where a PK was given in 90th minute to force a tie. If the league was as fixed as you are letting off, my guess is that would have never happened...

Reactions: sabremike

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Solid read on the ups and downs of the first season:
Was the Canadian Premier League's inaugural season a success?

Also hear are the 2019 individual awards which were really well put together by the league!
Canadian Premier League officially unveils 2019 individual awards
So they follow the tradition of the other North American pro leagues? Individual trophies that don't include the playoffs, where it matters the most, are simply useless. Wouldn't have been complicated to do this thing right.

Anyway I'll watch the game today and hope for a great spectacle.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Davies with an assist today in the Bayern loss. Also hit the woodwork. Good to see Canadian prodigy getting more minutes in BuLi

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The nervous are starting to click in! Not everyday your local club is battling for the first ever championship in league history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad