Canadian Soccer Part III

Mike Mills

Apr 27, 2019
US Soccer is a good federation. I like them, I got nothing against them. But we’re definitely going to make orphans of their children.

Reactions: Zegras Zebra

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also talks of Ottawa Fury FC coming to the CPL have picked up this week and I'm guessing they will only be more prominent following the USL playoffs. They play tomorrow night and if it is a loss it could be there last game in USL.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is just complete nonsense. Make it one game only then like MLS playoffs. Stop with this crap.

One game would be the ideal scenario. I'm fine with it being 2 legs, I just wish they went into extra time if it was tied. I find it terribly anti climactic to go straight to PKs

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
2 legs are fine when done right. But for casual fans a one game winner take all final is much more interesting.

There's no reason to go straight to penalties.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
2 legs are fine for fans when done right. But for casual fans a one game winner take all final is much more interesting.

There's no reason to go straight to penalties.

Especially here in Canada where people are not as accustomed to the two-leg system of Europe.

I was thinking it would be solid to go with a 2 round single eliminations set up. 1 seed plays 4, 2 plays 3. winners go on and play each other. Would need more teams in the League likely. I just don't think this 2 season set up is the long term option for the league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
When there will be 10 teams, let's hope soon

I'm honestly surprised there has not been more talk of expansion in the last little bit. If anything other than the Fury came to the CPL it would come at a surprise. Obviously we know the league wants to expand but there are no current leads

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Laval and Quebec are as usual sleeping... Terrible sport cities especially Laval.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I know 112 is sold out which is a good sign.
Got mine a week ago through my Ticats rep. Just pissed the game is at the same time as the Bulldogs game at Copps. If I could've done a DH that would've been incredible. BTW are Scotiabank or TD branches open on weekends because I have to do a currency exchange and the banks there give me a way better rate than my bank does?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got mine a week ago through my Ticats rep. Just pissed the game is at the same time as the Bulldogs game at Copps. If I could've done a DH that would've been incredible. BTW are Scotiabank or TD branches open on weekends because I have to do a currency exchange and the banks there give me a way better rate than my bank does?

I don't know TBH. My guess is there are open atms in the banks but the bank itself is not open

Reactions: sabremike

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ottawa Fury lose in penalties to the Charleston Battery. The off season begins and so does the interesting choice of whether the team stays in the USL or moves to the CPL!

Reactions: Pouchkine

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ottawa Fury lose in penalties to the Charleston Battery. The off season begins and so does the interesting choice of whether the team stays in the USL or moves to the CPL!
Really hope they move to the CPL. Would certainly ignite more interest in the league not just for me but I think in general.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
FIFA rankings update yesterday and Canada officially moves into the #6 spot in CONCACAF.

First half of the job done, but that can quickly be erased with a loss in Orlando next month.

Canada needs a result and to win their group in the Nations League.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
FIFA rankings update yesterday and Canada officially moves into the #6 spot in CONCACAF.

First half of the job done, but that can quickly be erased with a loss in Orlando next month.

Canada needs a result and to win their group in the Nations League.

100%! Great result but we need to see a level of consistency that this program has not been able to provide over its history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad