Canadian Soccer Part III

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Im really not sure what the point of having these games, although I guess they get revenue from the rubes they suckered into paying to watch this crap, if they already decided to give the “win” to Forge.

That's an interesting take to say the least. Forge dominated the flow of play even when both sides were at 11 men. They had far more shots, missed a pen, and had 3 bars. Not even a question as to who deserved the win.

If anyone was conspiring to give the win to Forge, Borges (arguably the best player in the league) would not have been sent off in for what was likely a yellow card.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In the game yesterday the calls were awful and all in favor of Forge. The first red was an absolute joke but gave the Forge the only chance they had at scoring by taking Cavalry down to 10 men. They then needed a clearly out of bounds ball to be allowed to play on to score that goal.

They had 3 golden scoring chances before this moment, including a cross bar. Did you even watch the game?

Reactions: Pouchkine

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It really isn't a conspiracy theory and pretty obvious if you watch the league. There is no denying that Forge was handed a bye in the Voyageurs Cup, or whatever stupid name that competition has and were handed a spot in CONCACAF League when better teams were kept out.

Okay so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at the start your posting on here, but this is just hilarious. The teams that got byes in the Voyageurs Cup were those who committed to the league first and had the finances sorted out from far before the CPL got under way. As for CONCACAF it was a battle between the 3 teams that committed first to see who got to represent the league this year. That won't be the case going forward but for the time being it was fine. Again it was stated at the tart of the season that the spot in the CONCACAF League would be decided this way.

It was not a perfect system but it was fine for the inaugural season, and it was definitely not a Forge bias.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They had 3 golden scoring chances before this moment, including a cross bar. Did you even watch the game?

Yes I did unfortunately. I held out hope that the league would let the game be decided on the field because of the potential high profile of the final but obviously that is not the case. Will not be watching the second leg.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Okay so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt at the start your posting on here, but this is just hilarious. The teams that got byes in the Voyageurs Cup were those who committed to the league first and had the finances sorted out from far before the CPL got under way. As for CONCACAF it was a battle between the 3 teams that committed first to see who got to represent the league this year. That won't be the case going forward but for the time being it was fine. Again it was stated at the tart of the season that the spot in the CONCACAF League would be decided this way.

It was not a perfect system but it was fine for the inaugural season, and it was definitely not a Forge bias.

It was fine if you were a fan of Forge but no reason that it had to be done that way other than to ensure that Forge would not have to qualify based on merit for the advantages.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes I did unfortunately. I held out hope that the league would let the game be decided on the field because of the potential high profile of the final but obviously that is not the case. Will not be watching the second leg.

So then you should be able to acknowledge that before the red Forge was by far the dominant team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It was fine if you were a fan of Forge but no reason that it had to be done that way other than to ensure that Forge would not have to qualify based on merit for the advantages.

I don't hate the league for trying to favour the teams that were all in on the league from the start.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Cavalry had one good scoring opportunity in that time and shot it right at Henry. Bekker hit the bar and Novak + Nanco had amazing chances...

I disagree on amazing chances from what I remember I can’t think of any amazing chances Forge had.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I disagree on amazing chances from what I remember I can’t think of any amazing chances Forge had.
Well then I don't think you watched the game. A cross bar is as literally as close you can get and the Nanco turn was especially close. But hey it's what ever, you seem fairly anti-forge so this is par for the course.

Reactions: sabremike

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well then I don't think you watched the game. A cross bar is as literally as close you can get and the Nanco turn was especially close. But hey it's what ever, you seem fairly anti-forge so this is par for the course.

The game was on in the background while I was doing other things for sure, it was not my main focus but I was able to see what was going on for the most part.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This may be the most rigged league in the world if it gets overturned. :sarcasm:

I don't think the incident deserves a red tbh. If they uphold it (which I think they will) I'll understand. Borges should have never kicked up, the intent is a bad look for sure.

It will be interesting to see what the league does.

Reactions: sabremike

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I would like to know for what exactly the referee gave the red card. The first challenge or the "kick" after.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Honestly I think the smartest decision that they could make here would be to rescind both reds, then nobody can complain.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Honestly I think the smartest decision that they could make here would be to rescind both reds, then nobody can complain.

I would honestly be fine with that at this point. My guess is they are going to uphold both of them and that is going to suck.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Canada faces Angola today in their second match at the U17 WC. It's on TSN, 4EST.

Angola won their opener 2-1 against NZ.

A result would be big.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
FB_IMG_1572375877714.jpg

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder when we will finally here an update on the situation. My guess is tomorrow but you never know with Soccer Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad