Canada vs The United States of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think the Americans take it, feels like a down year for Canada. Several eligible guys in the NHL and too many of those who are on the team aren't pulling their weight. Plus goaltending is a big issue.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I hope Canada loses just so I can watch TSN try to scramble to keeps viewers for their tournament.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I hope Canada loses just so I can watch TSN try to scramble to keeps viewers for their tournament.

Well there would only be the Gold medal game left, ofcourse we'll be watching whomever is playing.

Even if Canada lost, which we won't, we would still be playing in the bronze medal game.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
Like every other game in this damn rivalry, it will end up in overtime, with me needing to take blood pressure meds. Like to think the goaltending edge will tilt things our way, but who the heck knows. Some other posters have rightly pointed to the US's struggles finishing chances.

4-3 (OT) USA?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I voted Canada, but I really don't know. I agree that our team just doesn't feel right this year, but those teams sometimes win, where the ones that feel like sure things get beat (like last year).

If Canada gets any kind of goaltending, they have a shot. The only thing that can stop the USA is the one reason I think they will be stopped, and that is that they are favored. There is a big difference between going into a game as the underdog with nothing to lose and being the team expected to win it all. Canada faces that every year, our guys are used to it.

Is the USA team ready for that pressure? I guess we'll see.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
The US hasn't been scoring as much as they should be and Canada has been allowing far more goals than they should be.

It's going to be a low scoring game, IMO.

2-1 USA in SO.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
Wouldn't surprise me if USA won. They have an all around deep team, although they haven't been overly impressive neither has Canada. Roy has been ass and Visentin hasn't been all too impressive either. IMO it comes down to goaltending, in which USA has the edge.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

broooooooooooo it's gonna be so hype
Wouldn't surprise me if USA won. They have an all around deep team, although they haven't been overly impressive neither has Canada. Roy has been ass and Visentin hasn't been all too impressive either. IMO it comes down to goaltending, in which USA has the edge.

Can't see them not winning. Their team speed will be too much for Canadas defense to handle imho.

Oh yeah they don't have a good goalie that too.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
USA jumps all over Canada with their superior speed and passing and take it 6-2.

I hope I'm wrong:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad