Canada vs The United States of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Not impressed with team USA so far. Less impressed with Canada's goaltending.
Have to go with our souther neighbours on this one.

The atmosphere in this game should be awesome. I wonder how many fights we'll have in the stands.

Drmckool

Truculence!
Jun 16, 2010
From the T.O
It's a toss-up who wins but i think it will be really embarrassing for the US when there are more Canadians at the game than Americans.

Jumbo*

When is the game?!?!?!?! Date and time PLEASE..need to order NHL network ASAP!

Sloth Slothersons*

I think goaltending will end up being the deciding factor in which USA has the edge. 6-3 USA

Hopefully I am wrong.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's a toss-up who wins but i think it will be really embarrassing for the US when there are more Canadians at the game than Americans.

Why would it be? Most Americans don't care enough about the tourney to be gouged for tickets.

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin

Why? As much as I would love to say it is, the US isn't a hockey dominated country like Canada. I respect the hell out of Canada because it is, and I wish the US was, but its not. I do think that the United States would be very very well represented with fans if this tournament were held in the midwest. Maybe Milwaukee or Minneapolis.

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler
CANADA
Justin-Bieber-lowrider-Bike.jpg

VS.

USA
tumblrldtzfg1wn11qzi89d.jpg

It's gonna be epic, can't wait.​

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Why? As much as I would love to say it is, the US isn't a hockey dominated country like Canada. I respect the hell out of Canada because it is, and I wish the US was, but its not. I do think that the United States would be very very well represented with fans if this tournament were held in the midwest. Maybe Milwaukee or Minneapolis.

Should of been held at the Xcel and it would have been sold out I promise you that much.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The beauty of this game is that their really isn't a "favorite." Both teams are very good, arguably the top 2 in the tourny, and either could win, and it could be a blowout or a close game.

Anything can happen.

Anyways, USA wins, 5-4, because I said so.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

Should of been held at the Xcel and it would have been sold out I promise you that much.

I was thinking that the tourney would do well in those places. Or at least for the US games. It is a great tournament for hockey fans. You get to see some of the future stars from around the world. Junior hockey in Canada is basically "college hockey", so the following is likely to be much greater among the average hockey fan in Canada as opposed to the US.

The IIHF knows where to make money from this tournament and have it in Canada (or geographically close to Canada) as often as possible. The junior leagues in Canada produce the majority of NHL players, so it makes sense that the following for that age group would be bigger in Canada than other countries.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Both teams haven't really lived up to their expectations, or standards from recent years.

I'll unfortunately say the US squeak by in overtime, but I really hope I'm wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad