Canada vs The United States of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemskyToHall*

3-1 U.S.

Kreider and Campbell will have big games.

marty 4 hart*

Canada 5-2

Canada is the greatest hockey nation in the world. The US will be humiliated.

Sep 19, 2008
It had to come down to this. It wouldn't be the same without these two neighborly foes going at it in the World Juniors.

A worthy adversary awaits tomorrow night. Canada seems to have rectified goaltending for now, while the USA has always been hot goaltending-wise with Campbell in net.

It should be a very good game tomorrow. I can't wait!

dude67

Nov 15, 2010
With D Canada has and goalie+this game in legs u need more then refs to help here.

5-2 USA

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Could go either way.

USA is more experienced and has an arguably better roster, but they've failed as favourites before (2006) and they've been pretty underwhelming this tournament as well. Yeah they're undefeated, but they needed OT to beat Finland and just got by Switzerland 2-1 (though the Swiss shouldn't be underestimated, they even gave Canada a bit of a hard time, or at least Conz did). The other opponents in their pool were weak.

Canada on the other hand hasn't been overly impressive either..they had some pretty big wins against Russia and Czech but they played poorly against Sweden and deserved to lose that game. Today they played more like a team and played better overall, however I am not convinced with this goaltending.

Roy as we know has been terrible, and Visentin hasn't exactly been lights out but we haven't seen him against an overly tough opponent yet so we don't really know what to expect from him.

tikkanen5rings*

Could go either way. The most inportant thing here is that Finland has this tournament by the balls :naughty::naughty::sarcasm:

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
In both the Olympics and WJC last year the team that had to play in the quarters won the gold medal.

Canada.

JMFJ 3

Nov 14, 2007
4-2 USA. If Schenn has a great game I could see Canada pulling off the upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad