Canada vs The United States of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
Well I'm worried because we don't seem to have a capable goalie and I know Campbell is strong in net for the Americans. We really don't have that over the top player that we have had in the past like a Tavares, Eberle, or Hodgson and I just think we might be a bit shy. I disagree that US are favoured though... Canada has like 15 1st rounders on their roster, and USA doesn't exactly have "home-ice". It will probably be split Red and Blue tomorrow and if Visentin, or Roy doesn't let in a soft goal I feel we will win. Unfortunately I don't trust Visentin or Roy that much haha

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Could go either way.

USA is more experienced and has an arguably better roster, but they've failed as favourites before (2006) and they've been pretty underwhelming this tournament as well. Yeah they're undefeated, but they needed OT to beat Finland and just got by Switzerland 2-1 (though the Swiss shouldn't be underestimated, they even gave Canada a bit of a hard time, or at least Conz did). The other opponents in their pool were weak.

Canada on the other hand hasn't been overly impressive either..they had some pretty big wins against Russia and Czech but they played poorly against Sweden and deserved to lose that game. Today they played more like a team and played better overall, however I am not convinced with this goaltending.

Roy as we know has been terrible, and Visentin hasn't exactly been lights out but we haven't seen him against an overly tough opponent yet so we don't really know what to expect from him.

I agree with this.

Well, I'm leaning slightly towards Canada, and hopefully they can get it done

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I think we will win it because of Jack Campbell. Canada has a better roster but pretty porous goaltending.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I think we will win it because of Jack Campbell. Canada has a better roster but pretty porous goaltending.

This is probably the correct answer, Canada needs their goaltender to step up and have a good game if they have any hopes of winning.

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010

The argument over which team has the better roster is debatable as Team USA has more returnees than Canada and both teams have been underwhelming at times in the tournament. One thing that can't be debated though is the advantage in net for USA. I think the game will also be decided by special teams.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the US, but as a fan of Team Canada I'm cheering for them.

This is the worst edition of Team Canada I've seen in a long time though.

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin
It's going to be a 1 goal game one way or the other I think. I voted USA because of a bias, but I honestly have no idea who will win..

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
3-2 Canada

goalies have a good game for both sides

StillAlive

Nov 1, 2006
I'd like to see the US win but I think the pp will be the deciding factor to this game. Canada 3-2

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
4-2 Canada, the US team just isn't clicking this year and frankly looked like **** the two games I went to (Finland and Switzerland). Goaltending is gonna have to be the difference if the US is to win, it very well could be, Campbell has been lights out and Visentin/Roy have struggled. But Campbell's play in Windsor this year is evidence he is very human, and he hasn't played an offense close to the Canadians in the tournament this year.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Even though USA hasn't looked much better than Canada in some of their easier games, Canada has steadily declined as the tournament has progressed.

Visentin and Roy have been dreadful. I think they're going to give up a ton of goals against the US snipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad