Canada vs The United States of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
My judge of this game is purely based on both team's performances against Switzerland, due to the face I have only watched the US play the Swiss this tournament. From that game alone, I have to prict a Canadian victory, 3-1

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I think a lot of people are leaning towards the US just because they've seen a lot more of Canada this year. Canada has had their troubles, but the US haven't been any better.

Analyzer*

Depends on whether Canada gets a goaltender, or not.

By that, I mean if Olivier Roy isn't in nets, we stand a chance. That weird lookin' bugged eyed **** sucks.

Seems like Canada is slipping in the ability to produce good goalies ?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'm Canadian and I voted America.

This one is gonna be ugly :cry:

Before today I thought Canada would win in a walk. After today, after watching :

1) Visentin give up an early bad goal and fight the puck all day;
2) Watching Canada's D panic EVERYTIME they were under pressure;

I am going to say US 4 - Canada 1.

For Canada to win :

Canada has not had a great goaltending performance all tournament. They need ONE!!! I am praying for it.

GO CANADA GO!!!!

Carlton Orr*

Canada is going to run over the States, 5-2 Canada. Canada will win the Gold.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
we will use our secret weapon, justin bieber, to distract jack campbell and win this game.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Canadians are licking their chops to get at Campbell. He has been awful in the OHL this year and everyone in red knows it.

Visentin will feel at home facing some familiar North American shooters. This will be a great game to get him settled, focused and confident heading into the gold medal game. He has been dominant in the OHL, outclassing Campbell all season.

Canada 4-1, because of the goaltending edge.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Canadians are licking their chops to get at Campbell. He has been awful in the OHL this year and everyone in red knows it.

Visentin will feel at home facing some familiar North American shooters. This will be a great game to get him settled, focused and confident heading into the gold medal game. He has been dominant in the OHL, outclassing Campbell all season.

Canada 4-1, because of the goaltending edge.

I hope you are right!!!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Also, the US has sloppily coasted so far in this tournament. They haven't looked polished. Playing in that muffin pool will hurt them. It's tough to go directly from low intensity to all out war in a knock out tournament.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Also, the US has sloppily coasted so far in this tournament. They haven't looked polished. Playing in that muffin pool will hurt them. It's tough to go directly from low intensity to all out war in a knock out tournament.

On this Post, I agree with you 100%.

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
I think this will be the first time since the 00/01 tournament that Team Canada is eliminated by more than 1 goal. With a couple of exceptions I'm very unimpressed with the overall makeup of these players.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
As much as I want Canada to win and as much as I don't want the Americans to, I don't have a good feeling about this one. The Americans have speed that we just seem unable to cope with, as we saw last year in Saskatoon. Also, our goaltending has been downright attrocious. Heart wants Canada to take this, but head says 5-2 USA. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad