Can We Get New Sportsnet Commentators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
You guys complain about play by play commentators messing up names but once you get into the 50+ range, you'll be doing the same. Crap happens when you get older.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
You guys complain about play by play commentators messing up names but once you get into the 50+ range, you'll be doing the same. Crap happens when you get older.

Bowen is older and does a good job, it’s a work not charity that you are doing here. Do it seriously and if you have problems then just own up to it and get the hell out.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The regional broadcasters in Edmonton and Calgary are homers too...
Once again, about 40-50 regional games each for Edmonton and Calgary on Sportsnet and only about 15 regional games for Toronto on Sportsnet. That's why the Toronto regional games are combined with the number 2 national play by play spot.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Don’t really get the outcry for Bowen as a play by play last time he did tv he messed up just as many names as Romanuk did, with the added bonus of missing about a minute of play by play for some dumb irrelevant story followed by another minute of missed play by play for laughing at said story. He was every bit as bad of a play by play, he gets excited for goals and has used the same catch phrase for 20 years as his claim to fame, let Bowen stay on radio.

Some people don't seem to be happy unless the play by play guy goes completely over the top when the Leafs score. I don't get it either.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This would be incredible if Millen went too..... Mike Johnson would be great alongside a new play by play voice.

Reactions: JayDog17

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I actually think Millen is worse. He never says anything that insightful, and looks like he hasn't slept since the 80's. I'm pretty sure if you gave Romanuk a quality partner, he wouldn't be as bad. I'm convinced Ray Ferraro could probably carry him. Mike Johnson is also interesting.
It’s hilarious to me that they canned Johnson. He was one of the better guys they had and all he did was go to TSN and make the quality gap larger. While Sportsnet is at it they should throw Kyper, Maclean, Armstrong and Millen in the volcano as well.

Reactions: jackflash

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It’s hilarious to me that they canned Johnson. He was one of the better guys they had and all he did was go to TSN and make the quality gap larger. While Sportsnet is at it they should throw Kyper, Maclean, Armstrong and Millen in the volcano as well.

I'll agree that it's hilarious if indeed Rogers fired Johnson as a cost-saving move or if they were unhappy with his broadcast performance. However, it's possible that Johnson was let go for other reasons.

Reactions: Big Cactus

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I would love if Rogers was able to poach Chris Cuthbert or Gord Miller from TSN.
If they are going to poach anyone, it should be Ray Ferraro, although, I would really miss his daily hits on Overdrive. There color guys are too bland and play it safe.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
If they are going to poach anyone, it should be Ray Ferraro, although, I would really miss his daily hits on Overdrive. There color guys are too bland and play it safe.

Didn't all the TSN guys sign long term contracts when Rogers got the NHL contract?

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I don’t disagree, maybe it’s a bias from listening to too much 1050, but I think any of the TSN guys are better than the Sportsnet cast outside of Friedman and Ron.

I just said Cuthbert or Miller because they were losing a main broadcaster. I assume they would want to replace Romanuk with someone who had the same role previously.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Most seem happy when Cuthbert or Miller and niether of the go over the top.

I was mainly referring to some of the "brilliant" posters on here who have gone on and on about Romanuk not being excited enough when Toronto scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad