Value of: Max Domi

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Is an upcoming UFA. He signed a one year deal with Toronto hoping to parlay it into a bigger contract. Not sure if he accomplished that.

Would love to see him on the Sabres.

What offers do you think he is looking for?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Obviously he's looking for offers with term and big bucks.....whether he gets either is the question.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
4 for 4.

He wants to stay a Leaf. Bertuzzi? Not so much. I think he will entertain outside offers and look to play somewhere else.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really don't think it will. he's been around a long time and teams know his limitation and he seems to love Toronto. I think max he gets anywhere is around 4 million and he'll take a bit less to stay in TO

I could see Max getting even less in Toronto. $3.25m x 3 or 4.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I bet he stays a leaf. Fits that roster too they need someone who can play up and down lines and add some secondary scoring.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I could see Max getting even less in Toronto. $3.25m x 3 or 4.
If the term is 5 years or longer I could see it. The only teams that are going to give him 4 or more are bottom feeders and I think he's geeked to be in Toronto

I bet he stays a leaf. Fits that roster too they need someone who can play up and down lines and add some secondary scoring.
It's time for them to stop thinking of the core 4 and say "how do we make Matthew successful" and Domi has been great with him

Reactions: majormajor

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I really don't think it will. he's been around a long time and teams know his limitation and he seems to love Toronto. I think max he gets anywhere is around 4 million and he'll take a bit less to stay in TO
I'm tired of players taking less to stay in Toronto.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
9 goals and 47 points doesn't get you a windfall. His deal for the year was $3 million. IMO, that's what he is; a $3 million player.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
He's going to have suitors. Hits $4.5/year for at least 4 years easily.

I really like his game in the Bruins series.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
This. He's also bounced around a ton in his career -- and not because he's the most desirable player that always ends up on a bad team.

I get the sense that teams are going to be a little weary of giving him a 3-5 year deal at $4m+; knowing his background.

For Toronto, he's a C/W who likes to distribtue to a fault.... if you're at all considering not havign Mitch Marner and Auston Matthews play together, he's the ideal guy to play alongside Matthews, who you have locked up to a reasonable term.

That being said, he's at a bit of an interesting age. At 29, does he want to try and cash in on another deal at 32-33? or does he go for one that gives him the most security.

My guess is that he'll do a 3-year deal at $4m with a heavy bonus structure; with the hope of continuing his solid play and finding his grove as a AM34 running mate and/or maybe being a 2nd Line C; and then going to UFA again at age 32 with what is hopefully a track record of stability & successs and a much higher salary cap.

Reactions: Kurtz

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think the Leafs will give him the 5th year which will knock down the cap hit a bit.

Depending on the market I think the "hometown discount" could end up somewhere in the $3.5 to $4.25 range.

He didn't have an overly productive season all things considered but he's a fantasic fit on the Leafs who might run into some depth issues next season so bringing back a 2nd liner who has proven chemistry with Matthews seems like a no brainer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad