Can We Get New Sportsnet Commentators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
My goodness, what an off-season we are having. Let's just hope they don't promote the Marlies guy and find a way to move Millen as well (though I can live with Millen, as long as he stops the tireless goalie apologist act he does every night).

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
My goodness, what an off-season we are having. Let's just hope they don't promote the Marlies guy and find a way to move Millen as well (though I can live with Millen, as long as he stops the tireless goalie apologist act he does every night).

Holy shit, if they bring in Crocker then we'd be screwed.. after all this is Rogers, they could easily pull a move like this.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Why was he even hired? He had spotty experience as a play by play guy since he went to England. He did his best, but he had easily lost a an edge.
Maybe more talking heads can be replaced. After years of doing the same gig, many have nothing new to say.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Pleeeeeease bring back Bowen. I don't care if he messes up a lot, he's a passionate Leafs fan and you can feel it when he calls the game.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I don't really see how we could do worse than Romanuk, honestly.

This is great news. Millard and Romanuk are both gone.

Oh yeah Tavares is ok too.

Crap, what an offseason!

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
At least Cole knew to stay quiet or pause when he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't say feel the need to use completely stupid and nonsensical phrases like "what a luminescent night" and weird **** about various animals, "Eyes blazing like a panther".

You can say commentary doesn't matter, but there's no reason for it to be so stupid and awful.

I had to rewind it a few times just to make sure that he actually said that.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Don’t really get the outcry for Bowen as a play by play last time he did tv he messed up just as many names as Romanuk did, with the added bonus of missing about a minute of play by play for some dumb irrelevant story followed by another minute of missed play by play for laughing at said story. He was every bit as bad of a play by play, he gets excited for goals and has used the same catch phrase for 20 years as his claim to fame, let Bowen stay on radio.

Reactions: hotpaws

Thervguy

Oct 22, 2016
They should have a look at Steve Kouleas.He did a great job the last 2 years at the Spangler cup.

Thervguy

Oct 22, 2016
They should have a look at Steve Kouleas.He did a great job the last 2 years at the Spangler cup.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I'm sure he's a nice guy and good luck to him in a non-broadcast role somewhere. I'm very happy that he's off Leafs broadcasts (if this is true). Bowen would be nice but he's also not as sharp anymore.

I like the Beyak suggestion but I think he's pretty comfy doing in Winnipeg (pretty sure that's hometown-ish).

If it's Hughson-Simpson that would be fine with me. Todd Crocker or the other west coast guys that CBC employs would be horrible.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Pleeeeeease bring back Bowen. I don't care if he messes up a lot, he's a passionate Leafs fan and you can feel it when he calls the game.

Exactly, it's about the emotion and feeling. You know he is a fan, we connect on that level. Semi-Robotic sociopath directors will never get it until outcry or the money stops coming in.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC

i rarely would watch canadian networks, so i didn't mind romanuk, but i think i'll miss you guys' comments complaining about romanuk making some weird-ass calls lol

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
whoa i mistook this for another poster calling for romanuk to be let go thread all day. He is actually gone!!!!

Although s others have said really need to see/hear the replacement before getting too excited. I saw someone suggest Todd Croker a few pages back i think we need better than the squeaky voice teen from the simpsons imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad