Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Seems pretty apparent that unless Lundqvist decides to hang them up, Georgiev is gonna be the odd man out and on the move.
You’re probably correct, even if I’m not sure I agree with the move. I guess it makes sense to try to maximize whatever value you can, but I worry that the goalie market won’t be in as much of a demand as we think. Who else needs a goalie besides Calgary and Chicago?

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You’re probably correct, even if I’m not sure I agree with the move. I guess it makes sense to try to maximize whatever value you can, but I worry that the goalie market won’t be in as much of a demand as we think. Who else needs a goalie besides Calgary and Chicago?
Yeah I don't know. Goalies have weird value. Unpredictable. I'd love to keep Georgiev, but we'll have to move him eventually and it's unclear if his value will increase. I mean goalies can be pretty up and down, and for someone like Georgiev that will only get 25 or so starts as a full time backup to Shesterkin, it's not unforeseeable that he could have a bad season and sink his value. Small samples can produce wild results. I guess by the same token he could tear it up and increase his value.

Anyway, I just think it's a matter of the team not being inclined to buy out Lundqvist and probably not wanting to go with three goalies next year. So, you move Georgiev and hope that in 21-22 that Huska or Wall can take over as backup, or you can sign a decent one for cheap.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

San Jose jumps out. Carolina doesn't have great goaltending but they're tied into Mrazek and Reimer for another year each. Edmonton is locked into Koskinen for a couple more years but I don't think they have a real promising goalie in their pipeline for the near term.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Ottawa? Carolina?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
S8Lrzzi.jpg
s1Yl4ON.jpg

What's even better was the reports Quinn gave on Key. I think he's playing next year. Said it before, my main concern was his decision making out there. Now Wisconsin was an absolute tire fire last year, no structure, and really really poorly coached from what I saw, and heard from a number of people throughout the year.

The reports Quinn gave were glowing about Key's decision making. He's in a far different structure with the NYR, and that matters a lot. The other thing to remember about Key is that he is still lean... his upper body can stand to put on some more mass to absorb some more contact. Also look that wingspan in the picture.... you don't think that doesn't close space quickly?

He's not afraid to block a shot, and he's not shy about hitting guys. Never seen him fight, but if that is in his game, he's going to have a chance to show it during pre-season. If he's bringing that element, I think he's got an even better shot of making it. There aren't too many guys that can f*** a dude up in this game anymore. Would love to see that out of Key.

Reactions: McSauer

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Kravtsov looks like he trains in the off-season with Buchnevich unfortunately

Something changed about Buch this break- heard he's in great shape. Like he finally filled out. Prentice does a great job. You see it with Fil and KK. Kravstov is getting a late start since this is just his first year in North America, and you have the lost months where he went back to Russia.

This is what VK needs to understand.... this is why you come to NA.... this break should serve as a great learning moment for him. At the end of the day you are an athlete, and how an athlete trains and conditions themselves is one of the most important things about being a successful NHLer. The other couple of guys that would be good examples to reiterate that point are Kucherov and his own teammate in Bread. Both of those guys are highly skilled, and absolutely shredded. One just lead the league in scoring, and the other just got nominated for MVP.

You have to put the work in.

Reactions: McSauer and Riche16

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
San Jose jumps out. Carolina doesn't have great goaltending but they're tied into Mrazek and Reimer for another year each. Edmonton is locked into Koskinen for a couple more years but I don't think they have a real promising goalie in their pipeline for the near term.
I thought about the Sharks, but I’m not sure how they’ll navigate the cap situation to sign Geo and get rid of Jones. The flat cap is going to destroy them.
Ottawa? Carolina?

I don’t see why Ottawa would move assets for a goalie when they’re rebuilding and have a bunch of prospects in their system. Geo to CAR would make sense - and I think that was discussed throughout the season according to Edge - but they have another year on Mrazek and Reimer at ~$3M each and Nedjelkovic in the AHL.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
yah Kravtsov should prob not let himself be photographed next to KMiller again. Kid looks like an absolute Adonis at 20.

Kravtsov actually doesn't look too bad... his physique is typical of what you see with most hockey players. Miller is just a freak... not really fair

Reactions: kovazub94

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Kravtsov actually doesn't look too bad... his physique is typical of what you see with most hockey players. Miller is just a freak... not really fair
Especially for VK’s age, not bad. Buch actually looked significantly leaner than him when he came over. Happy to see the prospects having a good time together

Reactions: kovazub94

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I thought about the Sharks, but I’m not sure how they’ll navigate the cap situation to sign Geo and get rid of Jones. The flat cap is going to destroy them.

Well I don't think they need to get rid of Jones in the interim. They can tandem them to start the year and then play whoever has the most success. Obviously there's a decision to make there with Jones long term, but they definitely need someone to help them win games now.

Their cap situation is tough, but it's doable. I really don't think Georgiev is getting anything north of $1.5m so that should be something they can fit.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Say you are 6'5" with a 6'9" wingspan. You use a 63" stick. You can break 30-35 km/h out there without much of a sweat

How much ice can you cover to disrupt an opposing player with the puck?

That's what's exciting about Miller.

To put that in perspective, his 63” stick is about 4” shorter that Zucc, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad