Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm ok with the crowd noise the piped in noise and music, all that extra stuff. What scares me is "we have 32 cameras!" and they're in different places and we have a moving camera on a crane. I just want to watch a hockey game. I don't want constant changes in view and weird angles.
That is what I fear. Constantly changing viewing angles could ruin the broadcast. What might be beneficial, is that they can move the cameras closer to the ice being no one is in the seats. A more ice level view. But then again, they still need a clear view over the glass.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
European football is using video game sound for stadium and broadcast. I believe they also offer home viewers the option to watch with or without the sound effects.
I don't mind the sound effects. They will have the goals songs and music for each team, so that is good.

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
agreed

there’s no reason why we shouldn’t smoke this team.
My main concern was how we’d manage their volume shooters with our defensive structure probably being poor coming off the break. However, that’s probably going to be less of an issue with Igor in net and his rebound control.

Plus, if this becomes run and gun, I think our top-6 would absolutely smoke Mrazek and Reimer with no Hamilton or Pesce in the lineup

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I’m sorry, what I meant to say was STROME BAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Despite saying I don't view Strome as worthy of 60 pt player money I think his PP performance has been eye opening. If I had to guess it's like when Eli had Plax and knew he could air it up and let him go make plays. Similarly with the room on the PP and talent we have out there, Strome feels extra confident he can hit an area and watch a guy convert

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
S8Lrzzi.jpg
s1Yl4ON.jpg

Reactions: bl02

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The physical tools that kid has put him in an amazing place to succeed. Very excited for his development and potential for this team.

Reactions: McSauer

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Holy genetics
Miller is a workout warrior. I posted an article about the Wisconsin program earlier in the year and it mentioned how Miller struggled in the classroom, because when he wasn't at a team practice all he would do is skate or work out.

He's 6'3" and has always been one of the more physically developed guys in his age group, so he obviously does have some good genes, but credit the kid for putting in the work. You don't get completely shredded like that with legs as thick as a small man on genetics alone.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
7 bad years doesn't scratch the surface. You're neglecting almost a century of futility. One cup in 80 years for starters.

4 isn't great and in truth if this franchise had even 1/4 the luck of the NY Football Giants they'd have at least two more Cups from any of 1950, 1972, 1979, 1981, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2012, 2014, and 2015 but there are maybe ten to fifteen franchises in North America who are "better off" or "luckier." That's not even counting WWII or the regional draft shenanigans. When I was coming back from the track tonight I saw a kid in a Darnold jersey and I thought to myself how lucky I am not to be a Jets fan; as annoying as the Rangers are with the 94 stuff the Jets are exponentially worse with that image of Namath holding up his finger.

1 Lombardi trophy in 60 years.

As a Giants fans I'd gladly trade that second recent Lombardi vs. the Patriots for a Rangers Cup in 2012.

Even a team like the Dodgers who got lucky and won two World Series in the 80s, it's been 32 years. In 20 years a lot of teams in all sports will surpass the 54 year thing.

Reactions: McSauer

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I get the feeling we could be looking at some real high scoring affairs

I actually think their 3rd line taking advantage of our 3rd/4th lines could be a real pain; guys like Staal, Foegle, Dzingel

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Miller is a workout warrior. I posted an article about the Wisconsin program earlier in the year and it mentioned how Miller struggled in the classroom, because when he wasn't at a team practice all he would do is skate or work out.

He's 6'3" and has always been one of the more physically developed guys in his age group, so he obviously does have some good genes, but credit the kid for putting in the work. You don't get completely shredded like that with legs as thick as a small man on genetics alone.

I didn't even notice the legs at first. That's almost MSL level

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

He’s 6’5 he made it a point to say and that’s his list I believe now

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I get the feeling we could be looking at some real high scoring affairs

I actually think their 3rd line taking advantage of our 3rd/4th lines could be a real pain; guys like Staal, Foegle, Dzingel
I read on the Hurricanes board that Foegle was going to run around and bully the Rangers. And then I realized we don’t really have a “deterrent” type forwards with Lemieux out. And relying on defensemen to handle that garbage is not ideal. Might be something to think about.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I read on the Hurricanes board that Foegle was going to run around and bully the Rangers. And then I realized we don’t really have a “deterrent” type forwards with Lemieux out. And relying on defensemen to handle that garbage is not ideal. Might be something to think about.

He won't bully anyone. That team is the opposite of tough.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s not gonna do shit. This happens less and less these days. We’ve got plenty of guys that can hold their own in Trouba Lindgren and Smith.

canes like to forecheck sure but not by burying guys. Just with pressure and throwing pucks at the net. Shesterkin is the worst goalie to play against for a team like them. He can move pucks wirh his talent and he also is a vacuum. Very few uncontrolled rebounds. Always in position for second chances. They don’t have many guys that can finish their high danger chances.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
And then I realized we don’t really have a “deterrent” type forwards with Lemieux out.
And? That's one less player focusing on actually playing the game.

Players focusing on being a deterrent don't help you win games.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

its too short a series and the rangers pp is too good for anyone to be running around taking stupid penalties trying to hurt guys

Reactions: egelband and Trxjw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad