Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
ADA is a game time decision for tomorrow- Staal fine (Per Vince)

Hajek the first man in in any contingency.

Fox, not ADA played the final 2 minutes of the exhibition game. I thought that was curious at the time, maybe the tweak happened before then?

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I noticed he didn't play much after his penalty in the first period. Found it curious, but then I noticed he played much more in the third, probably because Staal was injured?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
lol a LD corps of Staal/Lindgren/Hajek (Smith probably moves to RD)

That's terrible.

Ugh I'd actually hope they just keep Smith-Trouba together since they've played well, lean hard on your top 4 of Smith-Troube, Lindgren-Fox, rotate Staal and Hajek in if need be

Again, short series, lean hard on your best players. If DeAngelo can't go, don't blow everything up just to make more balanced 3 pairs

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I hope they keep Smith-Trouba together too.

If they're sticking Staal-Hajek as a pairing, limit their minutes as much as you can and let Smith-Trouba and Lindgren-Fox go for big minutes. No reason Staal-Hajek should see more than 10 minutes, tbh.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If you guys don’t beat the Canes with terrible goalies and without Hamilton, that’d be pretty disappointing

This is still a really young team that's pretty top heavy and things only started coming together for them at the end of the season. The 'Canes possession heavy game may be tough for the young rookies to deal with and Chytil, Kappo, etc may need to step up since they're not going to get any easy assignments against Carolina.

All said it probably comes down to whichever team "clicks" fast enough, almost regardless of talent

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I noticed he didn't play much after his penalty in the first period. Found it curious, but then I noticed he played much more in the third, probably because Staal was injured?
He played more than 13 minutes in the first two periods. Given that there was a lot of PK time, I don't think that's too unusual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->