Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah I don't know. Goalies have weird value. Unpredictable. I'd love to keep Georgiev, but we'll have to move him eventually and it's unclear if his value will increase. I mean goalies can be pretty up and down, and for someone like Georgiev that will only get 25 or so starts as a full time backup to Shesterkin, it's not unforeseeable that he could have a bad season and sink his value. Small samples can produce wild results. I guess by the same token he could tear it up and increase his value.

Anyway, I just think it's a matter of the team not being inclined to buy out Lundqvist and probably not wanting to go with three goalies next year. So, you move Georgiev and hope that in 21-22 that Huska or Wall can take over as backup, or you can sign a decent one for cheap.
Yes. And with flat cap, a cost-controlled inexpensive starting goalie will be more valuable than ever. So I could see a team buying out or not re-signing their expensive starter and giving up a decent prospect or even a decent draft pick for Georgiev.

Reactions: McSauer

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Hurricane Douglas is projecting to be the first hurricane ever to make landfall on Oahu within the next 3-4 hours. Avenge us!

dougie-hamilton-2019-979.jpg

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Looks like a few players brought monitors with them, Lundqvist brought a guitar, and Panarin brought a bread-making kit. The team looks like a group of prep schoolers in their matching outfits lol. The sneakers they're wearing look pretty nice, anyone know what brand they are ? Hopefully the Rangers media person is able to put up more behind the scenes vids on Twitter as the team settles in.

Reactions: McSauer and Ola

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Looks like a few players brought monitors with them, Lundqvist brought a guitar, and Panarin brought a bread-making kit. The team looks like a group of prep schoolers in their matching outfits lol. The sneakers they're wearing look pretty nice, anyone know what brand they are ? Hopefully the Rangers media person is able to put up more behind the scenes vids on Twitter as the team settles in.
Panarins are Off-White, no idea what the ones everyone else are wearing are

Reactions: Mikos87

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

All Birds. Hanks a walking Instagram ad.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way if we have to rely on NYR twitter for updates we’re not going to get anything but jokes and fluff. No actual updates coming thru this tourney from them

Reactions: EdJovanovski

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
Hurricane Douglas is projecting to be the first hurricane ever to make landfall on Oahu within the next 3-4 hours. Avenge us!

dougie-hamilton-2019-979.jpg
Do you live in Hawaii? The islands have a remarkable ability to avoid direct hits from tropical storms. They always seem to change course or lose steam en route.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
So now I feel more comfortable and assured when I say,... LGR!
Just when I say I feel more comfortable that we might see a Stanley Cup Final in the middle of a raging pandemic,... half the Florida Marlins baseball team gets infected. Ugh!

I know MLB can't possibly be as safe as the NHL, but still.... it makes me nervous. I don't know how MLB is planning their season, but I know they are not playing in Canada, in only two places.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Just when I say I feel more comfortable that we might see a Stanley Cup Final in the middle of a raging pandemic,... half the Florida Marlins baseball team gets infected. Ugh!

I know MLB can't possibly be as safe as the NHL, but still.... it makes me nervous. I don't know how MLB is planning their season, but I know they are not playing in Canada, in only two places.

MLB didn't have the same option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad