STHLM

Jun 30, 2017
Stockholm
Hanks setup in 2014 was perfect
20140513_kkt_al8_082.jpg.0.jpg

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
These playoffs are gonna be so weird. Just read they are gonna have crowd noise piped in. The NHL actually contacted season ticket holders to send in tapes of them cheering, chanting and booing. EA Sports will provide the rest. LOL! It will play not only for the TV audience, but also played inside the arenas. They will have LED big screens and banners behind the benches to block the empty seats. And they will have 32 cameras, 12 more than usual.

The broadcast of these playoffs could be a horror show, if they switch camera angles frequently during play. They better do this right.

NHL games to have 5-second delay, EA cheering
I'm ok with the crowd noise the piped in noise and music, all that extra stuff. What scares me is "we have 32 cameras!" and they're in different places and we have a moving camera on a crane. I just want to watch a hockey game. I don't want constant changes in view and weird angles.

Reactions: ohbaby and bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
These playoffs are gonna be so weird. Just read they are gonna have crowd noise piped in. The NHL actually contacted season ticket holders to send in tapes of them cheering, chanting and booing. EA Sports will provide the rest. LOL! It will play not only for the TV audience, but also played inside the arenas. They will have LED big screens and banners behind the benches to block the empty seats. And they will have 32 cameras, 12 more than usual.

The broadcast of these playoffs could be a horror show, if they switch camera angles frequently during play. They better do this right.

NHL games to have 5-second delay, EA cheering
European football is using video game sound for stadium and broadcast. I believe they also offer home viewers the option to watch with or without the sound effects.

Reactions: ohbaby

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
In general, yes he does. Like with any prospect, he could benefit tremendously from a cup of coffee here or there too.
Yeah. I agree. I don’t think it’s a detriment at all for a rookie to play 3rd pairing or 4th line minutes in the NHL as opposed to top line/pairing minutes in the AHL for example. I think that’s just a myth.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Well, of course. But the complaining about playing kids on the fourth line or whatever is way overblown.
I thinks more of an issue of how a player earns a spot. If a player is handed a spot on the 4th line, that doesn't work for me. If he forces the issue, knocks down the door and earns a spot that has to be on the fourth line, fine.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I'm ok with the crowd noise the piped in noise and music, all that extra stuff. What scares me is "we have 32 cameras!" and they're in different places and we have a moving camera on a crane. I just want to watch a hockey game. I don't want constant changes in view and weird angles.
Try to realize that without fans, they don't have a crowd to show after goals, bad calls, disputed goals etc... I imagine the extra cams will provide more replay angles etc... not necessarily for live angles of play.

Since there's very little 'normal' in anything anymore, I think adding cams is a great place to start.

Maybe you get a better angle of the guy coming out of the box and getting a breakaway, or a botched line change that leads to a goal, or a great hit deep in the corner just after the play. Player/coach interviews will be very different also.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I wouldn't get arrogant and anything can happen in a short series with little game prep but no Hamilton or Pesce really tilts the odds in the Rangers favor. The D is no longer a clear cut advantage for Carolina and the Rangers also have the "guys who could go off" factor with Kakko ,Gauthier, Buch. Kreider and Fast are also proven playoff performers.

Reactions: McSauer

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
This is all setting up for the ultimate RONGO scenario. We beat Carolina, they win Lafreniere, we lose in round 1, and the Leafs win the cup giving us the 31st pick

Not happening. Not with their 1980s beer league D.

Rangers fans have to be the most PTSD'd fans in all of sports.

Everything somehow is always related to 7 really bad years and 2 disastrous picks.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We have to root hard for the jackets whatever happens in our series happens. Just want the guys to perform well especially guys like fox and Kakko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad