BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Reactions: LokiDog

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
@Amazing Kreiderman and I were talking about it yesterday. Both leagues should prepare to do divisional Hub cities To start the 20-21 season. Play all your division games to start in the bubble. Say you play the other 7 teams 6 times each. That’s 42 games. Remaining 40 games hopefully a vaccine is avail and things are contained maybe you can then open the second half of the season back up for travel. At least within your conference.

but there’s no way the league is starting in December with fans and travel. Not happening

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I am sure the Canadian government and locals had a say in this and restricted non essentials. So I’m fine with it. Can’t knock the league when thus far they are doing a tremendous job. But yah our NYR social media sucks

All the media being around is extra bodies that would require more resources to be used to accommodate them. Also, Vince Mercagliano wrote about how the NHL has set things up that they do not need to really be there. Still going to get DQ quotes via Zoom and going to get player interviews as well.

We know the lines for the most part, unless someone gets hurt.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
All the media being around is extra bodies that would require more resources to be used to accommodate them. Also, Vince Mercagliano wrote about how the NHL has set things up that they do not need to really be there. Still going to get DQ quotes via Zoom and going to get player interviews as well.

We know the lines for the most part, unless someone gets hurt.

yeah the way he explained it, they would have almost no access to the players even if they are in the bubble so the only reason to be there is to avoid your family lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
@Amazing Kreiderman and I were talking about it yesterday. Both leagues should prepare to do divisional Hub cities To start the 20-21 season. Play all your division games to start in the bubble. Say you play the other 7 teams 6 times each. That’s 42 games. Remaining 40 games hopefully a vaccine is avail and things are contained maybe you can then open the second half of the season back up for travel. At least within your conference.

but there’s no way the league is starting in December with fans and travel. Not happening

Let's be honest here, @Kovalev27

The most surprising thing in your post to people is that we talk outside HFBoards :laugh:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
It might not be a bad idea, to have a similar Playoff setup next year and forego the season entirely. Just expand it to all teams. Can't see any full or even half season being possible with things the way they are. You have to figure this pandemic will rage through the spring of next year, 2021. That is of course if the NHL can have a successful postseason. I don't see any hope for MLB, NFL or NBA with what they have planned. The NBA is planning to have all their games in Florida. Can you imagine that?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Probably not. But the owners are only going to have so much interest in continuing to play over and over again with no revenue from live games. Probably get away with it for next season. But beyond that? Am having a hard time seeing it.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't think it matters much where the bubble is, as long as the bubble is maintained. The NBA is doing well so far, despite what's going on in Florida.

I disagree, if for no other reason, if players wander where they shouldn't in Canada, it's probably not going to be a problem. In America, it's a much greater risk.

The NBA just had a player go to a strip club.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I disagree, if for no other reason, if players wander where they shouldn't in Canada, it's probably not going to be a problem. In America, it's a much greater risk.

The NBA just had a player go to a strip club.

As I said, as long as the bubble is maintained.

Reactions: McSauer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad