Confirmed with Link: Cam Talbot to the MN Wild (3yrs $3.67AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
All about term to me. With so many avg goalies available in that tier, wtf are we the one always handing out an extra year.

Double dislike as my two preferred option are still available. Probably could have got Crawford on one year deal with bonuses.
Rumors yesterday were that Crawford wants to sign with a contender, possibly Colorado. What he wants and what he gets aren't necessarily the same thing, but we'll see where he ends up.

Greiss is a little different.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Rumors yesterday were that Crawford wants to sign with a contender, possibly Colorado. What he wants and what he gets aren't necessarily the same thing, but we'll see where he ends up.

Greiss is a little different.

I have nothing against Crawford as well and I like him but if people are worried about age decline, he's also turning 36 so that something people would complain about.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Meh, Talbot only had three seasons of being a starter, the rest he's been a backup or 1b. I feel like the Vikings and their QB situation. Can't draft a replacement, sign a stop gap. Rinse and repeat.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
One hundred percent prefer Talbot over Crawford. I would have liked to see Greiss or Holtby, but that was a longshot I guess. This could be be a really good thing, its definitely an upgrade.

Reactions: a79krgm

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Playing in front of Edmonton. Are you going to say that their defense is better than ours too?

Why so dishonest? You think .908 is good for any NHL starter?

You guys don't notice Suter getting worse? The Wild xGA is a reflection of a conservative team approach, not some isolatable proof that guys like Soucy and Dumba are better than Hanifin and Hamonic, for example. It's one stat.

Talbot is good and bad. Again, he's an upgrade on Stalock. Not much of one.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Does anybody think Stalock gets moved on the cheap to sign a serviceable AHL/backup, to have Kahkonen run with Talbot? Stalock would be a serviceable backup for a lot of teams.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

You guys don't notice Suter getting worse? The Wild xGA is a reflection of a conservative team approach, not some isolatable proof that guys like Soucy and Dumba are better than Hanifin and Hamonic, for example. It's one stat.

I don't think that .908 in front of Edmonton's team is the same as .908 in front of our team, no. Not sure what I was dishonest about.

How about scoring chances allowed? High danger chances allowed? One stat is now three.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

And the heatmaps, shot charts, high danger chances against stats that we are also always at the top of that lead to the great xGA?

Why are you comparing our 4th and 5th defenders to their 2nd and 3rd. It's not those two that lead to our excellent D. It's Suter, Brodin and Spurgeon.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And the heatmaps, shot charts, high danger chances against stats that we are also always at the top of that lead to the great xGA?

Why are you comparing our 4th and 5th defenders to their 2nd and 3rd. It's not those two that lead to our excellent D. It's Suter, Brodin and Spurgeon.

Seems a little dishonest to me.

Reactions: HotDish and 2Pair

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Can you be down the middle on it? If so, that's what I am.

Not my money so not going to care there. Cause to the cap, doesn't matter with the amount Wild have, is he better than what we have, probably.

I thought I had heard someone say Vegas got 2 faced with BG and pissed him off so dont think Fleury is coming...anyone else hear that?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can you be down the middle on it? If so, that's what I am.

Not my money so not going to care there. Cause to the cap, doesn't matter with the amount Wild have, is he better than what we have, probably.

I thought I had heard someone say Vegas got 2 faced with BG and pissed him off so dont think Fleury is coming...anyone else hear that?

I'm down the middle on it. I don't think Talbot is the goalie that we need to win the Cup, but I don't think that's what BG had in mind when he signed him. I think the Wild look at him as a serviceable stop-gap until either KK or Jones hopefully can take over.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I'm down the middle on it. I don't think Talbot is the goalie that we need to win the Cup, but I don't think that's what BG had in mind when he signed him. I think the Wild look at him as a serviceable stop-gap until either KK or Jones hopefully can take over.

After hearing Judfd talk about goalies. One thing he said has really stuck out. You have to be big in today's game. Stalock is small and KK is 6'1 6'2ish but doesn't seem that big in net. Talbot is over 6'3 and this makes me think they like Jones. And is the stop gap until then. He fits that big Athletic mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad