Confirmed with Link: Cam Talbot to the MN Wild (3yrs $3.67AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He just seems like he is going to fit. Hope he does well.

On to making one big last splash trade
I think we're done. If you're thinking splash trade involving Dumba, I think you'll be disappointed. I think he's here for the season now.

He won't be moved until post ED at this point, if at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This FA goalie period is like a game of musical chairs. When the money stops, which goalies, and which teams, will be without a spot?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Is there a "contending" team left that has a need for a #1B ?

I was looking at that, and depending on how liberal you want to use the quotation marks: Edmonton is really the only one that I can see. Maybe St. Louis depending on how they feel about Husso.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I was looking at that, and depending on how liberal you want to use the quotation marks: Edmonton is really the only one that I can see. Maybe St. Louis depending on how they feel about Husso.
Yeah, those two teams and maybe Carolina or Colorado? Both of those teams are already paying 2 guys decent money though

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
3rd year isn't really ideal but the AAV won't kill us. Good fit if there is belief that Kahkonen(or Jones) can become a 1A over that term, and now there's no reason to worry about losing Stalock on waivers(shouldn't have been before) as Talbot can be exposed.

Reactions: milesfj

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
3rd year isn't really ideal but the AAV won't kill us. Good fit if there is belief that Kahkonen(or Jones) can become a 1A over that term, and now there's no reason to worry about losing Stalock on waivers(shouldn't have been before) as Talbot can be exposed.

i thought this too that talbot would be the one exposed on the expansion draft.
honestly, talbot is a decent sign for minnesota, but i was ready to see kahk get his chance already. enough with the feet dragging. he was great the few times he was up, give him a chance already

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kahkonen stays in the minors, I guess he's disappointed. But it's better to let him play down there than having him sit here as the backup.

Guerin said Talbot is the no.1 goalie. I wonder if Stalock's feelings are a bit sore...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kahkonen stays in the minors, I guess he's disappointed. But it's better to let him play down there than having him sit here as the backup.

Guerin said Talbot is the no.1 goalie. I wonder if Stalock's feelings are a bit sore...
Stalock is early-mid 30's low end journeyman backup goaltender in the NHL. Pretty sure he's used to the job by now. The contract he signed showed he has no illusions about what his role in the league is.

Reactions: Hamms Mann

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Not to mention, his salary wouldn't be changing anytime soon. Only a slight ding to the feelings. The real problem is how long are we going to hold back Kahkonen? I would have preferred giving him 2 rent free years of making mistakes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's being said that this year's schedule will be very compressed, and that having three goalies will be necessary. Khakonen will get some starts. Both goalies ahead of him are in their 30's.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

So one of these guys gets exposed next summer. If Guerin still values Kahkonen as the future starter, you'd think he exposes the 34 year old. If Cambot has a good year behind our defense, he could very well be one of the guys Seattle takes.

Or maybe he exposes Kahkonen, he gets taken, and they prep Jones to take over in 3 years.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So one of these guys gets exposed next summer. If Guerin still values Kahkonen as the future starter, you'd think he exposes the 34 year old. If Cambot has a good year behind our defense, he could very well be one of the guys Seattle takes.

Or maybe he exposes Kahkonen, he gets taken, and they prep Jones to take over in 3 years.
I wouldn't worry about either even being on the radar for the expansion draft. Goalies like Talbot and Kahkonen aren't all that difficult to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad