Confirmed with Link: Cam Talbot to the MN Wild (3yrs $3.67AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
and provide mentorship to KK i don't see the issue here.

this is the only part that i think is the positive in this.

yes, talbot is a little better than stalock (very similar stats wise) and wayyyyy better than dub was, but for the dollars and years, it doesnt make sense to me.

even the folks on the NHL network were saying this didnt make sense. At least im in decent company with my feelings :)

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I can't wait for experts to go on about how he turned his play around, without mentioning that he is now behind one of the best defenses in the league.

Calgary gave up fewer goals last year despite rolling with David Rittich most of the time.

They have arguably a better defense too.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ooof. I cant imagine we weren't calling him but my guess is he wasn't interested so we had to shift focus.
I'm not keen on 3 years but I prefer Talbot at his cap hit. I expect that he'll do well enough here to make him easy to move after year 2 if it comes to that.

Reactions: grN1g

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Holtby had a rough year last year, his SV% was closer to Dubnyk than Stalock for reference.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Yikes. I don't see the point of this. Why not just go with what you have and see how it plays out instead of committing 11M to a 33 year old mediocre goalie.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't like it.

Changed my mind. I'm okay with it, but I really don't like that third year.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Talbot/Stalock, Kahkonen in Iowa
Talbot/Kahkonen (67/33 split)
Kahkonen/Talbot (67/33 split)
We’ve been waiting for Kahkonen to make the jump for a while now. If they’re not going to move Stalock to give him a shot as a backup, I’m not sure they see him and an NHL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad