OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Per Schefter, a coach of the Buccaneers tested positive with two other coaches now being kept in quarantine. Also, a player from the 49ers tested positive while he was practicing in Nashville with Jimmy G and a number of other San Fran players.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
bunch of phillies players and staff tested positive. that's going to be an interesting portion
of the NHL return, how they handle something like that.

The return of sports is going to end up being a dumpster fire to me. It has all the makings for something bad to happen.

On a related note, sit down indoor restaurant service picks back up in MA on Monday. Anyone feeling safe enough to dine out inside a facility yet? lol

Reactions: Estlin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Same here. I shudder to think what health insurance companies will do with this information, and you basically sign your privacy rights away when you send it out to those "ancestry services".
I didn't get the health one done. I'm all set with that. If I need to know something medically, I'll ask my pcp to refer me.

Ancestry blocks out any living people from the trees and you have the option to keep your family tree hidden from search results. Is it foolproof no but for those of us who have adopted family members, this is the only way for us to see where we came from.

I'm sorry I decided to share what I thought was something cool. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The return of sports is going to end up being a dumpster fire to me. It has all the makings for something bad to happen.

On a related note, sit down indoor restaurant service picks back up in MA on Monday. Anyone feeling safe enough to dine out inside a facility yet? lol

At this point forget sports. The risk just isn't worth it.

You couldn't pay me enough to eat at an indoor restaurant right now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
At this point forget sports. The risk just isn't worth it.

You couldn't pay me enough to eat at an indoor restaurant right now.

We did some takeout the other night, and the place has outdoor seating, so they were busier than they've been in a long time. While I was happy for the people who work there and run it, the outside seating was still right on top of each other with virtually no distancing. I get why folks want to get back to normal, but no flipping way would I do the outside seating at this place, let alone dine inside. Way too much risk of exposure at this juncture.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I didn't get the health one done. I'm all set with that. If I need to know something medically, I'll ask my pcp to refer me.

Ancestry blocks out any living people from the trees and you have the option to keep your family tree hidden from search results. Is it foolproof no but for those of us who have adopted family members, this is the only way for us to see where we came from.

Why? I think it's very cool, and we found out some really interesting info when we got ours back. I just have a strong distrust of the companies that have custody of your information and whom they willingly share it with. That's the only reason we didn't have ours sent to Blue Cross. We got the results and kept them private, which I'm guessing isn't an option for most of the people that use one of the commercial providers.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why? I think it's very cool, and we found out some really interesting info when we got ours back. I just have a strong distrust of the companies that have custody of your information and whom they willingly share it with. That's the only reason we didn't have ours sent to Blue Cross. We got the results and kept them private, which I'm guessing isn't an option for most of the people that use one of the commercial providers.
Oh I totally get it especially if you were tested for medical reasons. I wouldn't want those results to get anywhere near my insurance.

I made sure my stuff was as private as possible. If anything it is crazy to see the amount of info they get from documents that are public (obituaries, census docs and military draft cards).

I started watching the new show on ABC where they use this data to catch criminals. Absolutely fascinating stuff. I highly recommend watching it.

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i hate eating indoors in summer anyways.
its wachusett brew woods for me all summer

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

To each his own Ali.

I have a massive family tree built on Ancestry over the past 3-4 years. And I’ve learned a lot about my family history that I didn’t know. All four lines of my ancestors going back to the 1700’s have burial places within 15 mi of where I live.
The records that are available online now are amazing.
Here’s my great-great-great grandfather. Scary dude.

Attachments

• 63B16B12-B42F-4001-BA18-EE7AD09D770F.png
    63B16B12-B42F-4001-BA18-EE7AD09D770F.png
    787.5 KB · Views: 12

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
man today has been a tough blow to any hopes that the season would continue

It has, no question. Although, I'd rather the issues come up now, before they've started playing, and we see the Stanley Cup hoisted by a bunch of replacement players/AHL call ups. It barely feels like a legitimate cup playoff now, imagine if a team got knocked out because of being exposed?

Reactions: Pay Carl

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
Nova Scotia's premier has done an excellent job during this pandemic. I did not support him in the last election (Due to a huge contract battle with my profession) but I need to give credit where it is due! Stick tap for Premier McNeil.

Reactions: Maine Fan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dr Fauci looks like a genius today.

0.0 there will be football, basketball, or hockey anytime soon

Silver lining

no games no National Anthem kneeling vs standing stuff in the news next 137 days

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dr Fauci looks like a genius today.

0.0 there will be football, basketball, or hockey anytime soon

Silver lining

no games no National Anthem kneeling vs standing stuff in the news next 137 days

yep, I can’t see how they can go forward with sports in the near future after today

If only some of these states didn't politicize simple stuff like mask wearing and social distancing we wouldn’t still be in this mess right now but alas, they couldn’t use their own two eyes to see what happened in the northeast and now many people will die as a result of their state governments sheer Incompetence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad I live in Massachusetts

Reactions: Bocephus86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad