OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
:):):):):)

105482665_10221297233913076_4552010244711877245_n.jpg

105705387_10221297230192983_5040788251925835444_o.jpg
Fenway, you are shameless. How can you dangle a stacked smoke meat on fathers day.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Well mission accomplished.

If I ever did anything right it was surprising mom here at the Cape.
My sisters couldn’t believe it when I knocked on their room door.
Mom broke down. All good. Had supper delivered and just got her to bed.
Tomorrow we will get her down to the sand and water edge.
Tuesday if she’s up to it she wants to see PTown own more time. The old penny candy store, Portuguese bakery and Herring Cove beach. Places she and dad took us 50 years ago.

View from my room.

View attachment 350974

Your the man Wally, this was a class move , glad it worked the way you planned.

If your going to a Portuguese pastry , you need to get pasties de Nata (my wife got me some for fathers day , she knows how to break me, I'm discipline but this is my Achilles heel, and she knows it) . Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Wally

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Six months ago, or so, my car started with a hiccup and a burp, but it started. Then maybe two months ago the radio was in and out and my heater controls froze up. I never replaced anything and assumed it was my battery starting to finally fade away. (2012 dodge 155k)

today, there was a ding and my dash lit with a battery icon. But that was it. Then a half hour later the light returned, followed by another ding, and another and another and another. One by one, a few seconds apart, the abs, e brake, traction, battery, transmission, and airbag lights came on. The my ac cut out and went to full blast heat and the radio flickered

so i shut the headlights off, turned off the radio and the touch screen display, and unplugged my phone. One by one the lights went away again, and then my transmission started holding gear and would go beyond third. Even manual mode did nothing.

computers and cars do not mix. We have gone backwards. My father loves to tell me that in the 60s and 70s you could start a car and pull the battery and drive off. I long for those days

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Six months ago, or so, my car started with a hiccup and a burp, but it started. Then maybe two months ago the radio was in and out and my heater controls froze up. I never replaced anything and assumed it was my battery starting to finally fade away. (2012 dodge 155k)

today, there was a ding and my dash lit with a battery icon. But that was it. Then a half hour later the light returned, followed by another ding, and another and another and another. One by one, a few seconds apart, the abs, e brake, traction, battery, transmission, and airbag lights came on. The my ac cut out and went to full blast heat and the radio flickered

so i shut the headlights off, turned off the radio and the touch screen display, and unplugged my phone. One by one the lights went away again, and then my transmission started holding gear and would go beyond third. Even manual mode did nothing.

computers and cars do not mix. We have gone backwards. My father loves to tell me that in the 60s and 70s you could start a car and pull the battery and drive off. I long for those days

Dude , if that is the original battery , you passed borrowed time long ago. What do they call it?? Oh ya, maintenance. It just might work for ya.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Dude , if that is the original battery , you passed borrowed time long ago. What do they call it?? Oh ya, maintenance. It just might work for ya.

I had the same thing happen with my car, although it was (sort of) my fault. Had a slow leak that started in January that blinked "low pressure" on my dashboard, but it went away after I filled the tire with air. Happened again in March, which scared the bejeezus out of me because it happened after my one and only trip out to the pharmacy. It then happened again in April, so I got the tire replaced at home ala Safelite for windshields - turns out it was a nail. But in doing so, I had to move my car in and out of the garage about 5 or 6 times (furnace problems too - had to move it for access). The off-on-off-on was the last straw for my 3.5 year old battery.

TBH, that's probably a little on the young side for a battery. In another era, I might have tried to futz with it, getting a zap from AAA and seeing if it could hold a charge. But considering all the new gizmos on the car drain the battery, just like Charlie said, I guess that's about the life of the battery. I also didn't want to repeatedly call AAA, as I'd called them a few times in the last 12 months, and I hear they get cranky after too many calls. (Hadn't called them much before that....so, I guess on average I'm a good customer.)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This would have been a monster tourism weekend for the Cape

90 degrees in mid June would have set that place up

the traffic is starting to come from what I understand, it’s nowhere near where it usually is tho

July should be a good month for the area if we keep Covid under control

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

i am well aware. Battery was fine, fine, fine, and now it’ll be changed tomorrow since it gave me fits today. I’m not upset with the battery. What i dislike is the concept of computers in cars.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had the same thing happen with my car, although it was (sort of) my fault. Had a slow leak that started in January that blinked "low pressure" on my dashboard, but it went away after I filled the tire with air. Happened again in March, which scared the bejeezus out of me because it happened after my one and only trip out to the pharmacy. It then happened again in April, so I got the tire replaced at home ala Safelite for windshields - turns out it was a nail. But in doing so, I had to move my car in and out of the garage about 5 or 6 times (furnace problems too - had to move it for access). The off-on-off-on was the last straw for my 3.5 year old battery.

TBH, that's probably a little on the young side for a battery. In another era, I might have tried to futz with it, getting a zap from AAA and seeing if it could hold a charge. But considering all the new gizmos on the car drain the battery, just like Charlie said, I guess that's about the life of the battery. I also didn't want to repeatedly call AAA, as I'd called them a few times in the last 12 months, and I hear they get cranky after too many calls. (Hadn't called them much before that....so, I guess on average I'm a good customer.)

i honestly have no idea what a decent battery life would be. I had guessed 5-7 years for a good one under easy conditions

either way, i was overdue for this. I’m just waiting for the spark to go. It has never had plugs and wires replaced either, but when it’s time for that it just might be the end of my run with the car. It’s a pretty big job unfortunately.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

You can hold out for 5 years on a battery, but that's best case scenario , if you push it beyond that , it's on you. All depends on how you use your vehicle. You can roll the dice if you can deal with the consequences but it's a question of time . If you don't see yourself unloading the vehicle any time soon better to spend the money for the battery before you f*** up the alternator or the starter and turn a small maintenance expense into a major headache.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Working at the exes house this morning. Scheduling got weird so I’m here with the kids. Toasted up some waffles for them and then realized after that they are out of syrup.

They are not going to be happy when they stop fighting and come downstairs begging for waffles.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Working at the exes house this morning. Scheduling got weird so I’m here with the kids. Toasted up some waffles for them and then realized after that they are out of syrup.

They are not going to be happy when they stop fighting and come downstairs begging for waffles.

Any whipped cream and or chocolate syrup around? Nutella? Some kind of alternative to maple syrup?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sunday update from Maine CDC: 19 new cases; holding at 102 deaths;

new #'s around Noon; 14 new still holding at 102 deaths

Daily Briefing at 2 pm;

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There's always a solution if you dig deep enough! lol

i ended up quickly toasting the waffles again, burned them, and i ate them covered in butter. Had to pivot the kids to Cheerios and toast, washed down with...mini muffins?

Initiate self preservation mode

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i ended up quickly toasting the waffles again, burned them, and i ate them covered in butter. Had to pivot the kids to Cheerios and toast, washed down with...mini muffins?

Initiate self preservation mode

Been there done that. I once burnt only one side of a grilled cheese. The solution? Make a new half to replace the burnt one. Worked too. lol

Reactions: TD Charlie

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
i am well aware. Battery was fine, fine, fine, and now it’ll be changed tomorrow since it gave me fits today. I’m not upset with the battery. What i dislike is the concept of computers in cars.

Oh my, your outta luck. Every thing works with computers in your car. My mechanic tells me mine has 9. You'd think 1 would cause enough trouble , but no, 9.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I may be banned from Vermont and Canada for saying this, but I'm a hard "no" on syrup on pancakes/waffles/french toast. Butter, powdered sugar, whipped cream, straw/blue/raspberries are acceptable (not necessarily all of them, just suggestions), but syrup is too sweet for me, especially in the morning. Yeah, I know those other things are sweet as well...but liquid sugar is different to me.

I also can't take sides in the pancakes/waffle debate. They're both round disks of carby goodness, and I can't bring my self to have strong feelings for one over the other.

BTW, you may have whipped cream, and you just don't know it. If you have heavy cream, a little bit of vanilla extract, some powdered sugar (granular works in a pinch for small batches), and some elbow grease, you can whip it into actual homemade whipped cream. Much better than the aerosolized Redi-Whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->