OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We are going to try again. Fenway is crushed and I don’t have the stamina for this stuff anymore.

We need to move forward. But realize we can’t ignore our new reality.

What has been tearing us apart stops now. Done. Not debatable.

We can still discuss Covid. But tightly held to reputable updates .
That info could be important here. Data, Openings, MBTA news, Airport, Uber, groceries, day care, etc.....

This will be a guiding principle to start in regard to Covid and demonstrations:

We're treating it the same as any other political discussion. It's not permitted unless it is directly related to hockey. If a player. owner, hockey media or some well known hockey personality makes a comment that's fair grounds for a thread. Some guy with a twitter account who likes to talk about hockey, isn't. If the thread becomes a partisan political debate it may be closed. Posters warned, thread banned or removed where necessary.

Local businesses reopens, schools, current things including demonstrations..but..NON POLITICAL - all good.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Via Post or PM.
That includes flaming the Moderator Team or their activity.

Actions will be at the sole discretion of the Moderation Team.

If anyone feels they cant abide by this they are best off not posting.

We all came here for one thing in common . Our hockey club. It is what bound us in good time and bad. Let it be so again.

For those that want to discuss and debate other current Covid related things please go here:

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Fair enough.

i had half a Frozen bbq chicken pizza By cpk. It was delicious but i could eat at least 2 while on my own

thanks Chuck.

btw...just my opinion, I like having the OT food thread and OT music thread..

I think they should stay...at least until we get hockey back.
Lots of good content and folks get along.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
thanks Chuck.

I love the food thread. Us everyday shmoes are doing very well in the kitchen!

i mentioned the pizza to kick off the thread on a lighter (and positive) note. Cuz what kind of psycho doesn’t like pizza?!

then i had a fleeting thought, checked the moderators list cuz i sense you and Fenway are beat up, and rightfully so. Then i realized we have more mods than i realized and I’m not welcome back anyway .

i love ya no less

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
My friends and I since the pandemic started have started doing brackets on different subjects. My friend doing all this has created a Facebook page and google forms to vote. It’s been amazing. Subjects we’ve done so far

TV sitcoms
Cereal
Oscar winners for both actors and actresses
Board games
Candy

Candy voting ended a few minutes ago

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
bar-signage.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My friends and I since the pandemic started have started doing brackets on different subjects. My friend doing all this has created a Facebook page and google forms to vote. It’s been amazing. Subjects we’ve done so far

TV sitcoms
Cereal
Board games
Candy

can you share results of these? I’m interested.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

TV sitcoms
Cereal
Board games
Candy

i love this. might have to steal this idea.

we’ve been doing trivia via zoom Saturday nights. Had 2 weeks of general trivia then switched to movies. So far we’ve done Dumb and Dumber, Major League, Ghostbusters, and the Princess Bride. I don’t know what’s up for next week but I’ve suggested Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Mighty Ducks, and the Sandlot.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Let’s not chase away good posters because they have different opinions. We all come to this site because we love the Bruins and that is our escape from the day to day bullshit.
Exactly. Anything online for me is something I do to get away from the b.s. It is what has kept me away, not that I'm any great shakes, but this has been my 'hockey place 'for over a decade. I miss it. It's sucked having it be turned into being politically equal to FB or any U.S. News outlet for me.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

TV sitcoms
Cereal
Board games
Candy

Oooooh we should do a cookie vote here :D

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I just wanted to say that I adore the 'Storytime with @Fenway' posts. They're one of my favorite things on here. I totally bit on the tale of two bars and which one would be showing which sport and embarrassingly assumed the wrong answer. A great little reminder on how we can so easily subconsciously stereotype.

Nuggets of social history like these are invaluable. Thank-you for sharing.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I just wanted to say that I adore the 'Storytime with @Fenway' posts. They're one of my favorite things on here. I totally bit on the tale of two bars and which one would be showing which sport and embarrassingly assumed the wrong answer. A great little reminder on how we can so easily subconsciously stereotype.

Nuggets of social history like these are invaluable. Thank-you for sharing.

yeah....he has a Damon Runyon quality to him. Plus he remembers so much that I forgot about where we grew up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’ll take a perfectly executed snickerdoodle over toll house every day of the week.

dry and crumbly snickerdoodle? I give you toll house as the winner

actually if I can get that toll house slightly burnt, yeah weird I know, Im in my own heaven.
Maybe because slightly burnt was the way mom made ‘em.
LOL

Reactions: GordonHowe

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Politics is divisive even within friends and family but it was nice to learn more about Covid as it peaked here... so thanks to the Mods for allowing it in the first place.

Probably best to stop it now. It'll be nice when hockey is back.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
thanks Chuck.

I love the music thread. Please listen to the words. Needed for the world today

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->