Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Literally the exact same situation and feeling for me. It's always my one friend and I, sometimes we can get a third. So we're putting down Warzone until there's duos.

Agreed, going to fours ruined it for me. There’s too much going on in squad fights with 4 people, feels like it takes away from the gameplay. I think 3s was the right balance. They should at least keep 3s as the base mode if they want to make changes.

If we don’t have a fourth we turn squad fill off anyway. We’ve generally found a random person almost always ends up f***ing us over more than helping us.

Good news for everyone, they've added trios back. Still have quads too, which is awesome. I still don't understand what possessed them to change it in the first place, but whatever. At least they fixed it immediately.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I love the flexibility of it now. Can pretty much play any time now no matter how many friends I have on.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anyone know what the deal is with the ranking reset that happened with the last update? I went from around an 85-90 ranking to a 56. I couldn't find a reliable article about it and there was some chatter of it happening in season 2 but I don't recall that at all. Just seems odd to eliminate rankings when your rank doesn't have any effect on the game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone know what the deal is with the ranking reset that happened with the last update? I went from around an 85-90 ranking to a 56. I couldn't find a reliable article about it and there was some chatter of it happening in season 2 but I don't recall that at all. Just seems odd to eliminate rankings when your rank doesn't have any effect on the game.
You go back to 55 each season. You can rank all the way to 155, and then the next season you'll be back at 55. It's basically just like the prestige ranks from previous CoD games. It really just shows how much you've played this season.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Got another win tonight with my friends. I used to think it was best to start far away from the circle, collect everything, then drive or run in but now I’m starting to think it’s the opposite. We’ve had a lot of success with starting near the center of the circle and holding down a house or area. It can be tough at the beginning but if you make it past that you can get the best spot in the circle pretty easily. Not many people actually try this.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played through the campaign because I got pretty bored. It was alright. Played it on Veteran so I can get the platinum trophy. It was pretty easy, honestly. I'm not really much of a trophy hunter, but I'm so bored that I went for it. It was actually pretty rewarding when I got the last trophy. I think I'm going to try to platinum Horizon Zero Dawn next as I haven't played that game, but I've had it for quite a while.

Also related to MW is that I bought an external hard drive for my PS4. Before I bought the external drive I had two games installed: MW and NHL20. I had to delete a couple of games that I still like to play on occasion simply to update CoD. Super annoying, but now I have a few TB of space, so that will definitely be enough until the PS5 releases.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The SBMM in Warzone is real.

When I play with a bud who has around a 2.0kd and averages 5 kills a game I get 1-3 kills a game, and often zero. He is party leader 100% of the time. When I play with a few other buds who are new to the game and have .30-.50kds (and they are the party leaders), I tend to get 6-10 kills a game. It's nuts.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

When I play with a bud who has around a 2.0kd and averages 5 kills a game I get 1-3 kills a game, and often zero. He is party leader 100% of the time. When I play with a few other buds who are new to the game and have .30-.50kds (and they are the party leaders), I tend to get 6-10 kills a game. It's nuts.

Ive noticed this too. Most of my group is pretty average but we have one person who’s really good. When we play with him we do pretty bad. But when he’s gone we’re pretty much always top 10.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

It is unquestionably there. Just look through your matches on codstats.net. When you play with your 2+ K/D friend I guarantee you’re matched against more PC players than when you play with your other friends(and PC players, in general, are going to be better than console players as building a gaming PC shows quite a bit of dedication to gaming). You’ll also, unfortunately, play with more hackers.

I have two groups that I play with. One group is very casual, between .7-.85 KD and I slay in those lobbies. I’m at 1.4 KD but I had a 14 kill win a few days ago, and I’m not that good at the game. We just kept running into bad players. I have another group where two of us are average to decent(1.25, 1.4 KD) and the other two are really good(2.5, and 2.8) and if I get two kills in one of those games I’m thrilled. The squads we run into are ruthless. They push aggressively, but intelligently and they have great aim. We’ll still run into the bad squad every once in a while, but it’s pretty rare. The Gulags are infinitely more difficult too. I don’t know why they bother lying about it. I just wish they would show your rank in game. We all have a hidden ELO that I think is based on Score per Minute more than K/D(though those go hand in hand for the most part). Show it to us.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

It is unquestionably there. Just look through your matches on codstats.net. When you play with your 2+ K/D friend I guarantee you’re matched against more PC players than when you play with your other friends(and PC players, in general, are going to be better than console players as building a gaming PC shows quite a bit of dedication to gaming). You’ll also, unfortunately, play with more hackers.

I have two groups that I play with. One group is very casual, between .7-.85 KD and I slay in those lobbies. I’m at 1.4 KD but I had a 14 kill win a few days ago, and I’m not that good at the game. We just kept running into bad players. I have another group where two of us are average to decent(1.25, 1.4 KD) and the other two are really good(2.5, and 2.8) and if I get two kills in one of those games I’m thrilled. The squads we run into are ruthless. They push aggressively, but intelligently and they have great aim. We’ll still run into the bad squad every once in a while, but it’s pretty rare. The Gulags are infinitely more difficult too. I don’t know why they bother lying about it. I just wish they would show your rank in game. We all have a hidden ELO that I think is based on Score per Minute more than K/D(though those go hand in hand for the most part). Show it to us.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
You go back to 55 each season. You can rank all the way to 155, and then the next season you'll be back at 55. It's basically just like the prestige ranks from previous CoD games. It really just shows how much you've played this season.
Alright thanks. That makes sense for Warzone, but doesn’t make sense for why it would drop my rank on regular multiplayer.

Sep 19, 2008
The Warzone "In Memoriam" may be the best thing I've ever seen :laugh:

Every winner in the squad is seen in a helicopter at the end flying away

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Warzone is fun but if SBMM is in the next game I am 100% not buying it. SBMM shouldn't be in Warzone.

I don't like SBMM because I can't handle a challenge but it is aggravating in multiplayer to not stay in the same lobby. I also hate never being party leader because I have a higher KD than anyone on my friends list.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I stopped playing back in January or so, but some of my buddies who were really into multiplayer said they recently fell of because after a while all you're doing is playing against really high level players so every game is super high intensity. They said it gets exhausting after a while and it's not about getting easy kills against noobs, just that there's no "casual" COD games anymore. It's less fun.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I stopped playing back in January or so, but some of my buddies who were really into multiplayer said they recently fell of because after a while all you're doing is playing against really high level players so every game is super high intensity. They said it gets exhausting after a while and it's not about getting easy kills against noobs, just that there's no "casual" COD games anymore. It's less fun.

Yeah I agree with your buddies. Regular MW multiplayer is exhausting. Can't just drop in for a casual game - you need to get real sweaty. That and the maps blow.

f***ing love Warzone though, SBMM or not.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I kind of got the joy back in multiplayer when I was going through the challenges to get the Dragon’s Breath rounds for the shotgun and the crossbow. I just pretty much stopped caring how I did and focused so much on the challenges. I’ve started doing the gold guns again when my friends aren’t online to play Warzone. When I just focus on doing the challenges I have a lot of fun.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Warzone is fun but if SBMM is in the next game I am 100% not buying it. SBMM shouldn't be in Warzone.

I don't like SBMM because I can't handle a challenge but it is aggravating in multiplayer to not stay in the same lobby. I also hate never being party leader because I have a higher KD than anyone on my friends list.
Same, along with not being able to stay in the lobby. I will never pre-order another COD again. Love most things about this game but these two things are complete deal breakers for me.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Ran into what I’m 95% sure was someone cheating last night. Was playing that 3s tournament. I’m not great by any means but my friend and I play with another friend that’s really good and we generally take 1st or close to it if the two of us can pot a few kills here and there and the good friend does what he does.

First round we played, they had a player that hit every single head shot. We didn’t lay any damage on him in 6 rounds. He was shooting around corners before he could see us or we had even moved from a spot all game. Every single replay showed every shot to the head. If he’s really just that good, hats off. But I think it’s a lot more likely he’s cheating. I’ve never seen anyone even close to that level before.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Ran into what I’m 95% sure was someone cheating last night. Was playing that 3s tournament. I’m not great by any means but my friend and I play with another friend that’s really good and we generally take 1st or close to it if the two of us can pot a few kills here and there and the good friend does what he does.

First round we played, they had a player that hit every single head shot. We didn’t lay any damage on him in 6 rounds. He was shooting around corners before he could see us or we had even moved from a spot all game. Every single replay showed every shot to the head. If he’s really just that good, hats off. But I think it’s a lot more likely he’s cheating. I’ve never seen anyone even close to that level before.

There's a lot of cheaters on PC right now. Sometimes I get shot through walls from outside when someone can't even see me.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
There's a lot of cheaters on PC right now. Sometimes I get shot through walls from outside when someone can't even see me.

If he wasn’t cheating he had to have been some kind of pro gamer. I’ve never played anyone close to that good.

Shooting through walls is another issue I have. It happens all the time and shouldn’t happen at all imo.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If he wasn’t cheating he had to have been some kind of pro gamer. I’ve never played anyone close to that good.

Shooting through walls is another issue I have. It happens all the time and shouldn’t happen at all imo.

Pro gamers aren't even that good... at least not on a regular basis. Back when I did MLG for MW3 I never ran into that issue. There is tons of cheating from PC players which is part of the reason why unless I am playing with friends on a different platform I always keep cross play off.

Wall bangs are fairly common. Especially if you know the general location of the person you are trying to shoot but they should only be effective if the person is already injured and you just need another shot to take them down. Dying 100% from a wall bang is usually indicative of cheating.

The thing about MW is that without dead silence being a perk, it allows players to pump up their sound to know exactly where you are coming from to be able to ADS and pre-fire you as you turn the corner.

What you're saying sounds like 100% cheating IMO.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Pro gamers aren't even that good... at least not on a regular basis. Back when I did MLG for MW3 I never ran into that issue. There is tons of cheating from PC players which is part of the reason why unless I am playing with friends on a different platform I always keep cross play off.

Wall bangs are fairly common. Especially if you know the general location of the person you are trying to shoot but they should only be effective if the person is already injured and you just need another shot to take them down. Dying 100% from a wall bang is usually indicative of cheating.

The thing about MW is that without dead silence being a perk, it allows players to pump up their sound to know exactly where you are coming from to be able to ADS and pre-fire you as you turn the corner.

What you're saying sounds like 100% cheating IMO.

Yeah, we keep cross play off now. I think he was cheating too. Hopefully won’t run into that again too much.

Sep 19, 2008
Yes that's what sucks about PC gaming. Too many mods which allow for hacks. That is disturbing. Hopefully Activision cracks down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad