Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I hate this games multiplayer (largely because of the maps) but Warzone is a lot of fun in a short time I’ve been able to play.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Played one round of Battle Royale and wasn't impressed. Too big, too slow, too clunky.

Just not for me I guess..

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I hate Battle Royales in general but Warzone is pretty good. Ive played quite a bit.

Answer me this - How the hell does a guy get two Legendaries less then a minute after dropping? I killed a guy immediately after I dropped and he had a legendary AR and SMG.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hate Battle Royales in general but Warzone is pretty good. Ive played quite a bit.

Answer me this - How the hell does a guy get two Legendaries less then a minute after dropping? I killed a guy immediately after I dropped and he had a legendary AR and SMG.
Red boxes had legendary weapons. Probably just luck.

Have to say winning BR solo is fun, but winning as a squad of 3 in a super tense final stand off after 1 or 2 of your guys go down is so satisfying...probably the most fun I’ve had ever playing CoD. We’ve won twice now as a team (same guys) and both times it was awesome. Absolutely love Warzone.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I like Warzone better than Blackout, but BRs still aren't my thing. You think you're doing pretty well and then you die out of nowhere.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Warzone is a lot of fun. My friends and I had our best finish yesterday of 2nd. We’re not very good haha.

Ive found its better to start on the outside of the circle where few people land and work your way in slowly using the poison as cover right behind you. You get good guns and equipment this way plus are more likely to have a full squad near the end.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Warzone is a lot of fun. My friends and I had our best finish yesterday of 2nd. We’re not very good haha.

Ive found its better to start on the outside of the circle where few people land and work your way in slowly using the poison as cover right behind you. You get good guns and equipment this way plus are more likely to have a full squad near the end.
This is true of all of the BRs I’ve played. If you want to win, you want to start as far away as possible. If you’re going for kills then jump some place super hot and hope to survive lol.

Reactions: CPTN71

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Got my first win the other day. I’ll admit it was fairly cheap. I won in the gulag to bring myself back with just about 20 people left. Was about to drop in a house close to the ocean but I saw it had people in it last second so ran to a shed. Luckily for me, the zone closed to within a couple feet of the shed so nobody came in. Next zone closed in and I ran into that house. Both guys were watching the door. Put 3-4 shots with my pistol on one and then melee’d the other one as he was turning around. Took one of the guns and ran outside to hide behind some rocks. The guy came up right in front of me and I shot him before he even saw me.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I enjoy Warzone. I hate that they took Shoot the Ship off of the MP playlist, so I've been playing some of Warzone. I do much better there than I do with other BR games.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I enjoy Warzone. I hate that they took Shoot the Ship off of the MP playlist, so I've been playing some of Warzone. I do much better there than I do with other BR games.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
My friends and I discovered there’s a really easy way into the top 10 or so almost every time. Land on a helicopter. Drop everyone off at an armored truck. It’s only when the circle is pretty small at the end do teams really get to focus on shooting you. If they do before that, you can just find another truck on the map and be there quickly.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really enjoy Warzone, but some fixes are definitely needed. Ran into a glitch where I couldn’t buy a teammate back yesterday despite having enough money and the person asking to be redeployed. That really sucked, especially since we got third. Definitely was a winnable game.

The car hit boxes are completely messed up too. They can kill you through walls, rocks, and other supposedly solid objects. That needs to be fixed in a hurry because cars are already OP, and then on top of that they can kill you through cover. That’s brutal.

I wouldn’t mind if they took out vehicles entirely. You know where the first zone is when you jump in. If you land too far away to get back in the zone, that’s your fault. That’s a choice you made. I just hate how solos are basically just demolition derby because nobody shoots at the armored truck because it takes 400 rounds to destroy it, which one guy is going to have a difficult time doing. There needs to be more emphasis on gun play rather than vehicles.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I really enjoy Warzone, but some fixes are definitely needed. Ran into a glitch where I couldn’t buy a teammate back yesterday despite having enough money and the person asking to be redeployed. That really sucked, especially since we got third. Definitely was a winnable game.

The car hit boxes are completely messed up too. They can kill you through walls, rocks, and other supposedly solid objects. That needs to be fixed in a hurry because cars are already OP, and then on top of that they can kill you through cover. That’s brutal.

I wouldn’t mind if they took out vehicles entirely. You know where the first zone is when you jump in. If you land too far away to get back in the zone, that’s your fault. That’s a choice you made. I just hate how solos are basically just demolition derby because nobody shoots at the armored truck because it takes 400 rounds to destroy it, which one guy is going to have a difficult time doing. There needs to be more emphasis on gun play rather than vehicles.

Haven’t played solo yet but I would agree the cars are a bit OP. If you all just grab trucks at the beginning you’ll almost always make it to the top 10. Driving around running people over is a lot of fun though.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The first circle takes way too long. That's my only complaint.

Played around 10 or so games of the Plunder mode. That's a fun change of pace

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

The car hit boxes are completely messed up too
. They can kill you through walls, rocks, and other supposedly solid objects. That needs to be fixed in a hurry because cars are already OP, and then on top of that they can kill you through cover. That’s brutal.

Yeah I got up on a building 1 story and the truck still hit and killed me. Although, 1 RPG and the entire team in the car is usually dead. I need to carry one because they are so OP.

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah C4 is a must in Warzone if you would rather not carry a launcher. You can even throw it into the sky and take out helicopters.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Been playing some multiplayer recently and while I enjoy it most of the time it just feels like everyone camps/spawn kills. The spawns are absolutely awful. Half my deaths are being sniped in the first five seconds of spawning.

I think this is my issue with COD games in general. Just feels like there’s far too much camping and sniping. A lot of people just ignore the objectives to get kills/not die.

Cochese

Mar 14, 2008
Nothing like wanting to unwind a little then being faced with an update and having to wait forever to download. So annoying.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Changing from trios to quads f***ing sucks. I only have one friend who plays so now we’re a duo going up again 4 people instead of a duo up against three. We’ve played 5 games and we’re assigned teammates once. And even they left after they lost their Gulag so it was just back to duo vs. squad. They have plenty of people to do 4, 3, 2, and 1 playlists but instead they force squads or solos. Terrible. I’ve put down Warzone indefinitely until they introduce duos or bring back trips.

Reactions: Dick Sledge

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Changing from trios to quads f***ing sucks. I only have one friend who plays so now we’re a duo going up again 4 people instead of a duo up against three. We’ve played 5 games and we’re assigned teammates once. And even they left after they lost their Gulag so it was just back to duo vs. squad. They have plenty of people to do 4, 3, 2, and 1 playlists but instead they force squads or solos. Terrible. I’ve put down Warzone indefinitely until they introduce duos or bring back trips.

Literally the exact same situation and feeling for me. It's always my one friend and I, sometimes we can get a third. So we're putting down Warzone until there's duos.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I guess if you only have two people, quads stinks. But my Xbox friend group has always ran into the opposite with trios. We'd always have a 4th to play and we'd have to pair up or one guy runs solos and we rotate. Quads has been fun but I can get why it wouldn't be great if it's always two people teams.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Agreed, going to fours ruined it for me. There’s too much going on in squad fights with 4 people, feels like it takes away from the gameplay. I think 3s was the right balance. They should at least keep 3s as the base mode if they want to make changes.

If we don’t have a fourth we turn squad fill off anyway. We’ve generally found a random person almost always ends up f***ing us over more than helping us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad